Should we give up our values for career growth?

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by AnithaAnand18, Aug 25, 2014.

1. AnithaAnand18

AnithaAnand18 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am working in MNC for 10years.I am highly professional,straightforward and self discipline which doesn't have values in the company.Because of this though i am performer,dedicated and talented,I am not getting any kind of recognition and growth.This really have big impact on my health because of disappointment and stress.I am perfectionist.My husband says to leave this job.Should I leave this job?

2. surekhasarathy

surekhasarathy New IL'ite

why continue in a workplace that does not respect your self discipline and morals. i am sure with a high qualification and experience you would surely land up in a job with conducive atmosphere.you must leave this company and try for a better one. the more the stress the bad impact it will have on your health and would affect the family also. a change is a must.

3 people like this.
  3. roses99

roses99 Silver IL'ite

10 years of Experience fetches you lot of opportunities! why to look back when there is support from your loving ones! Just keep searching when you find a good one quit the company and have peace of mind!

It is also advised changing the environment after some good point of time rather than sticking to the same old company right!

All the very best, Good things and good time to you always :)

4. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

Tell me about it. office politics is such a reality but you dont have to be heavy hearted, there are awalys people who respect straigh forward and experienced people like you. may be you are sitting at a wrong desk... job change?.. i cant gaurentee you better office coz the majority are 'playing along' .. but you defetly deserve better

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. AnithaAnand18

As you said it is affecting my family now
    Thanks a lot

6. AnithaAnand18

7. AnithaAnand18

My friend also used to tell me you are in wrong place,anyway thanks to all for your advise and wishes.Let me come out of this company first

8. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

My advice is to find another job first before leaving this. People who do not have a job might feel grass is greener on the other side. You decide whats best for you. Just my thought that if you do not get a job later u may have to deal with a bigger depression than the one right now !

1 person likes this.
  9. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Better to get another job and then leave. Don't shoot yourself in the foot.

10. JigsSM

JigsSM Silver IL'ite

Find another job and then leave. You have put in 10 years of yours so better to find another job and then leave if you are not getting any good recognition.