Am I lazy?am I not working enough?

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by anika987, Aug 20, 2014.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I am a mom of twins..
    my day starts like this..
    1)morning 5.30 I get up go to the gym

2) come back around 7 am to see my hubby ready and my toddlers running about lol

3)I give coffee and breakfast to him and he rushes out.his commute to office is one hour and hence he has to leave early.

4)then I feed my kids breakfast around 8 am and do they eat fast?NOPE.they take their own sweet time,spilling and teasing me.

5)then around 8.40 after they finish,they start to run around and mess the house.thank god for few gates,some rooms are saved.then non-stop tantrum and crying as they are annoyed.so i put some music or little tv by the time i clear out dishwasher and start my breakfast,side by side starting to cook.

6)then while cooking is going on,do some laundary.kids run behind me so fast and enter the laundary room.so i hurry and rush out.then by the time i finish lunch,then their bath time comes.I have to bath them separately as they want solid time for themselves.then to make them wear clothes is another huge deal.

7)they run around,and finally after putting their clothes on,need to come their hair only to find them giving me their bands the minute i finish coming their hair.so by this time it is 11am.I need to take my bath too!I rush to the bathroom but my shrewd kids know I am taking my bath and run behind me,knock my doors and cry in their top voice.Hmm..ok.I rush out and get dressed and leave the bathroom.it is almost 11.30am.

8) need to clear out the kitchen a bit and by the time it is 12pm .I feed them lunch and around 12.40 have mine

9).Around 1 pm,i put them to bed.wow! the sleep training is the most difficult thing but somehow acheived it.when they are sleeping,i finish cleaning the house and laundary and when I am about to lie down for rest,one by one the kids wake up.

10)again give them some snacks and play with them.then cook dinner.clean up kitchen and kids want to play outside again.I go out,run behind them play for sometime.I am hungrier than they are!but I feed them first and then eat.

11)daddy comes home only around 9 pm due to carpooling.so all day,all work for me with kids.

daycare is too expensive for us this time so kiddos are at home.also, another true reason is we want to spend some time with our kids as despite the hardwork, some things I do not want to miss.

anyways, Then to put them to sleep at night is another story.and some days for many other reasons I find it more tougher as they run about,spill stuff and cleaning goes on and on.everyday it is like this.

why I am saying this?My aunt told me I am lucky to be at home not doing much.I thought I was doing some work atleast? am I doing it all wrong? can it be done much easier?some days kids behave decent so I am ok but mostly it is a mad house lol.I want to know if I am doing it all wrong.tips please?thank you.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
    2 people like this.

2. Quebec

Quebec Platinum IL'ite

:wow:

Well cant help with tips.........

But would like to say do not listen to -ve people.........

It is said toddlers are God's images...... And you have got two..!

Its like the cutest tapasya.......

Remember tapasya is never easy.... But is always rewarding......

So keep those two Mini gods happy and full.....

Cherish the time....... It comes once in a life time......

Hopefully other ladies will be able to help more.....

God Bless you....... Oopsie

Two already are........

2 people like this.
  3. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

'Twin toddlers' is the key word here....everything else compared to it is trivial.

You are doing what ever you can fit and doing it over and over again without help and break. who ever says you are not working enuf got to be kidding. ONe thing appreciable is , you are making time for gym! well done!

1 person likes this.
  4. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

You make me feel like a sloth !! I am not doing enuf !! You my dear have twin toddlers and yet u take time out for gym !!
    kneesmiley

You are definitely not lazy !!

1 person likes this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

thank you guys for the kind replies..just felt little bad when my aunt told me that.now am feeling little better:)

6. pantu

pantu Gold IL'ite

You are lazy, not even close to it ! You are doing your part . I know it's a hard work but you are doing it very efficiently . Enjoy as much as you can.

1 person likes this.
  7. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

i am dying and draining out taking out one naughty one... you are dealing with two... you doing real good and you do have lot of patience.. dont worry about what people say... you are doing for yourself and for kids.. we only know what all we going thru to get things done in a day for other it might looks like you are not doing so much since you are not working but they forget to notice that you are doing lot of over time............... keep going.... and keep having double fun and memories to last......

1 person likes this.
  8. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

thank you sweet ladies:)

1 person likes this.
  9. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Kalpana,
    Of course you are! What are you doing on IL wasting time and browsing! No home to clean? No toys to put away? No vacuuming a gazillions times? No cleaning messy kitchen floors over and over again because of the messy toddlers? No laundry to do? It's like magic ain't it, the minute you put away one load, another one the size of a himalaya Parvatham takes it's place instantly! No cleaning kitchen? No cooking? No grocery shopping? No errands to run? No workouts to complete? No classes to drive the kids to? No bathrooms to clean? No babies to play with? No fights to referee? No tears to kiss away? No man to fuss over? No dinner to get ready? Phew.... Just listing it makes me tired.
    You are awesome. She is just a PITA! Go kick ass in kickboxing class and remember us while you do it. We are proud of you!

4 people like this.
  10. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

I mean really, people have the audacity to comment on someone else's life like they were appointed the sheriff in town!!!

there is so much wirk that is taken care if behind the scenes and they have no idea abt it!

and laundry omg... No one told me abt this before i got married! There is ALWAYS laundry! Its like a monster that never dies! Im sure laundry is the reason ill go into depression someday!! Somebody invent self cleaning clothes please!! Somebody please!!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
    3 people like this.