Not Liking to do job

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by prashi, Jul 30, 2014.

1. prashi

prashi Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

I am not liking to do job, to go to office I am feeling like I am going to hell.
    I really want to be a home maker. But my husband wont agree he wants money even I want money but I am getting so tension to take up work. What to my health condition is becoming poor, we are planning to buy a flat for that we need some money if I am not working my husbands money will just sufficient without any savings.
    I am having 1 year old kid

2. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Prashi, I have read your previous posts as well. Your job seems to cause you more stress and adversely affect your health and home life. Earning more money is important but what if it ruins everything else in the process. Do you think you can try for some freelancing work from home or another job which may allow you to work from home part time. The pay in such jobs may not be up to what you are earning now. But since you say your husband's income is enough to run your family, you can invest whatever you are earning and reconsider the idea of buying a flat in a couple of years. By then, your child will start going to school and you can resume working full time. Meanwhile you can do some courses or increase your qualification in whichever technology that interests you.

If you really do not want to work and are confident that you can manage the family with your husband's income, put your foot down and tell him you are making a choice for the well-being of your child and family. Tell him you will find a less demanding job that you like and allows you to spend more time with your child. Hugs to you dear.

1 person likes this.
  3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Can you work from home ...or do part time job? Who looks after baby when you go to work?

4. FallenAngel33

FallenAngel33 Silver IL'ite

Change your job, join some big service based organization like Accenture, TCS, Capgemine. There won’t be much work pressure. There are some of my friends who get bored in office without much work.

I have to tell u about one of my friend, she is working in one of a big MNC. She is also feeling same, feeling like hell to go to office...but her situation is different, she is feeling like hell because there is no much work & work pressure, she is getting bored in office. Her previous company was a small organization, she use to be busy for atleast 8 hrs...now in big organization she is completely free ...working only 3 to 4 days in a month... remaining days, just browsing, reading article or spending in cafeteria.... so she is bored & feeling like hell...

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  5. prashi

prashi Silver IL'ite

Hi Fallenangel,

Its not big org or small, there will some difference but here the technology matters. I am working for the technology in which I need to know some 5 programming languages, as I am not having any interest in doing coding how can I do this job. Today I am planning to talk my husband that I want divorce from him. he is not understanding my feelings he is saying that I am doing drama...

6. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Calm down prashi.....
    You don't divorce people because of such reasons.Tell your husband you will work once your baby is a bit older. The house can wait. Study during your time at home with your baby so that when the baby is older and it is time for you to go to work,you are better prepared.

Now smile and go spend time with your cutie pie. Talk it out with husband.Tell him you are taking care of a small baby and you will mange in less money for the time being. hugsmiley

5 people like this.
  7. FallenAngel33

FallenAngel33 Silver IL'ite

Thats wat I’m telling...change ur company or project. Get into project where it’s built on only one technology. Talk to manager for change of project. Initially when I started my career, my project had so many modules with different technologies/languages...C++,vb, C#, python,WPF, WCF...
    I was basically from C# .NET background, I was unable to work on C++, vb, python....I asked for change of project...they did not agree... I resigned & joined another company, there on all my projects were only WPF & C# .NET...
    I guess changing project is better than divorce.

May i know wat is the technology & 5 languages ???

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  8. FromMars

FromMars Gold IL'ite

What job are you happy to do? Anything in IT, like testing or BA etc.? Prepare yourself for that for about a year or two like YM says and go and have fun.

9. FromMars

FromMars Gold IL'ite

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I feel like an advice from a mom to a hot headed teenager.

The choice of words, Priceless!! :cheers

3 people like this.
  10. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Prashi, I really don't understand why people are hung up on technology or language. I have programmed in multiple languages on different projects at nearly the same time. In fact, i like switching between languages.

Anyway, try moving to SQA or Product Support role. This may be less taxing then development. If possible do a PMP course and then you can move to program management. If it is a product company, see if you can move to technical pre-sales or technical post sales.