feeling low but won't give up

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by adinil, Jul 3, 2014.

1. adinil

adinil Silver IL'ite

I bring an experience of 7+ yrs in IT industry working as Software Quality Assurance but from last two years my career path is not growing I am on bench for most of the time first it was post pregnancy and the project would not hire may as there was risk I won't return back after maternity leave.
    Then I joined after leaves but still the same ..HR states no projects etc
    I really worry also no openings of job outside
    Pls advice...I Ned the job as I have financial constraints.

Regards,
    Aditi
    OM SAI RAM

2. vishal21

vishal21 Silver IL'ite

thats the problem in our field (it-sector) now days due to outsourcing even a certificate holder compares himself/herself with a B.E or M.E in computers and because everyone is trying to get into IT sector it gets really difficult to get a job as we want ...so i would say hold on do some certifications which the market currently requires more and change your profile according to it...
    right now CISCO and REDHAT are recruiting more than ever if not as a developer you can try as a developer also if your programming skills are great ...give it a try ..you need to hold on for that ...and keep ugrading your job profile ..

wish you the best

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  3. adinil

adinil Silver IL'ite

Thanks vishal...

4. shrivni

shrivni Silver IL'ite

I am leading a QA Team. And I faced the same situation in my career path also. To the worse, I had a very difficult pregnancy that I need to retrun back to Offshore from Onsite. But luckily my clients trusted me than my company with a note that "No One can replace Sharmila" and waited for me. For your situation, I will suggest you top update your knowledge in selenium, which is so hot in market. And also update your Management skills also. There are a lot of videos on Selenium Tutorials In You Tube and they are very good too. Use your time and update your knowledge in everything that you can. Selenium with Java is a very good option and which has future too.

All the Best!

1 person likes this.
  5. Vemala

Vemala Gold IL'ite

The markets are down with current trend ie.especially services companies. But, will definitely improve in next 1 quarter. Have patience. Difficult to sit in office if work is not there. Improve automation knowledge and learn new skills.

The current problem is : Have lot of jobs , but skill set is not suiting with existing employees.

Multiskill development in IT is very much required..Best of luck..

Thanks

1 person likes this.
  6. adinil

adinil Silver IL'ite

Thanks dear...

7. meetmeonline

meetmeonline Gold IL'ite

Hi,

This is the problem with IT sector, last year one of our family friend got laid off after having 13yrs of experience in same company. Trusting and solely depending on IT is becoming riskier day by day. Now, they hire Bsc, BIT etc also in same position as for BTech, MCA. Use your time wisely, upgrade skills and also if you want to look for alternative solutions, try investing in Share market, if you have good knowledge or you gather information properly then making little money on regular basis is possible. You can also use your skills to teach in institute's. Yes, all these are not going to replace your present salary. But, certainly can help in adverse situations.

8. adinil

adinil Silver IL'ite

hi all

i have got the project and work is also good

1 person likes this.