Need advice on freelance working

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by AshaRamprasad, Apr 24, 2014.

1. AshaRamprasad

AshaRamprasad New IL'ite

I am planning to make a team for experienced developers to work as a freelance team.
    I need tips and instructions for freelancing.
    Please advice friends.

2. aparsree

aparsree New IL'ite

Hello Asha, I have freelanced quite a bit for the last couple of decades and would be happy to share my tips with you. From your post it is evident that you would be the team leader and steer the team to give you the deliverables. At the outset, state your expectations very clearly both in terms of time and quality of work. Make a list of parameters on which the work would be judged and give this to all members of your team so that they know what is expected of them and how.

Deadlines are very important and do appreciate those who stick to the deadlines. At the same time, be a wee bit flexible in the deadline to the extent of say a few hours. This flexibility is necessary to factor in Internet downtime, health issues, familial responsibilities and even the project based delays.

Interact with your team constantly and very importantly, keep your communication active. acknowledge mails, SMSes so that the team members know that all is well.

most critical, make payments on time and as per mutually agreed terms.

Freelancing is based a lot on trust, a sense of self-motivation, individual responsibility, good time management and clear expectations. hope I have been able to help you with these tips. All the best

1 person likes this.
  3. dothy28

dothy28 New IL'ite

A good idea. Maybe you should try on sharing each one of your portfolios with your written masterpiece. Through that, Clients could see directly and choose you if you are qualified in a project on line. It may not that easy but it is a better way to let them gain your trust from your rendered service. Wish this could help, Cheers!

4. Parkavy

Parkavy New IL'ite

Hi All,

Iam working in ETL tool Abinitio (Data Warehousing).Please let me know if there is any work related to my technology.