Should i take up the offer??

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by fellowblogger, Apr 17, 2014.

1. fellowblogger

fellowblogger Silver IL'ite

hello everyone,

I am in a fix and need all your help to make the right decision..

i used to work in a fortune 100 co. in a lead role and then took a long break in my career...and now after i decided to resume my career, i have got a job offer from the same co., but the role and salary is lesser than what i was getting before. i liked the new role when they xplained it to me, but it is very hectic and might have to work a couple of weekends aswell....and this is not a permanent role..

my concerns:

1. i have never left my kid on her own, if i accept this offer i will not be able to spend much time with her at all and she will be at the care of my inlaws..they are good but i dont like to leave my kid with them...my parents can take care of my kid but husband and inlaws will not like it....i am feeling emotional and guilty.

2. is it really worth doing this job for less salary....

3. will i be able to perform well at work since i am working after a long time and there are team members way younger than me and will i be able to handle the stress

please help me in deciding friends!!

1 person likes this.

2. Dreamer

Dreamer Silver IL'ite

Take the offer. It will be worth it. You inner instinct, it seems, is to prove yourself again in that world. Go for it.

1 person likes this.
  3. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

Hello FellowBlogger...

Go for it!! worth taking up the chance than feeling bad later for not taking up..

-For the first concern, consider the age of kid, if the kid manages without your -presence, let he/she learn to live without depending..
    - Start up is much needed after a break, i did the same after 2yrs break, i took up a job which is lesser pay and role, but i am doing my best in that..
    -Dont worry about the age in career, you will do the best with your previous experience and can easily move to higher levels with in no time.

Good luck
    Sravani

1 person likes this.
  4. fellowblogger

thanks for repiles dreamer and sravanitenali...i am very motivated

1 person likes this.
  5. fellowblogger

any more views/advices please??

6. fellowblogger

just wanted to update about my decision:

called the co. and told them that I will not be taking up the offer. don't know whether it was the wise thing to do, but accepting it would have made me compromise on a lot of major aspects....
    when I asked my kid whether itz ok if I go to work, first question was:who wil take care of me, u will not be there and even dad is away(hez on a travelling position)..bought tears in my eyes... with hectic schedule on weekdays and work on couple of weekends I felt itz too much....I might hardly get to spend time with my child...:-(

2 people like this.
  7. Chulbuli04

Chulbuli04 Silver IL'ite

I must say it is a good decision. Coz at the end it is our kids happiness that matters.
    Look for a job that gives you some quality time to spend with her.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  8. fellowblogger

thanks for agreeing to my deicision chulbuli...

yes thatz what in my mind now....to look for something close to my house...hope I find something like that:)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  9. my2angels

my2angels Silver IL'ite

I feel the right decision OP

A job you will get anytime in your life but the moment that you will spend with your kid will never come back. Those are priceless moments ( Just like the mastercard ad)

All the best and I hope you get what you are looking for...a job that you like and also time to spend with family.