Success mantra for working Women!!!

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by anukarsha, Nov 5, 2011.

1. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends!
    I’ve been following various threads in this forum, and liked them all. The vast variety of issues and their writing styles caught my attention as well.
    In most of the threads and replies thereon; I noticed that we all need some guidance on how to maintain a perfect work-life balance. The work life is very demanding, and so is the personal life. And those who are married and with kids, or stay in a joint family, have obviously enhanced responsibilities on their tender shoulders. I’ve been working for past almost sixteen years, and have developed a great decoction to have a great life.
    Please allow me to introduce myself, and my different endeavors. I promise I’ll take you through the journey of my life smoothly. No-bumps; guaranteed!! So friends, I completed my MBA in 1994, and even before I could appear for my last semester exam in MBA, I got married. After my exams I moved to a new city. Since I come from a business family, I had some issues as far as working for someone else was concerned. But I was sure to start on my own. It took me almost 9 months to start my business. My brain baby (My business) was born by this time. Then after one year I delivered my first daughter (now in X standard), and after another five years, the second daughter (now in 5<SUP>th</SUP> grade). It was really very difficult to adjust to the new schedule—office, husband, in-laws, and babies. And now I am pursuing my PhD also.
    It were those early days, probably the first month only when I realized that I was feeling frustrated all the time. Everything was in a mess—at home as well as in the office. Since I was the owner of my company, and a big team of around thirty to manage; I felt as if everything is going out of my hands. My life went haywire. My life was nothing more than hushing and rushing through various tasks. This was the time I devised a new mantra for my life. It is very rewarding, refreshing, and quite motivating. I am still sticking to it, and probably would stick for all my life. Want to know the Magic Mantra…. Here we go!!!!
    · First and foremost, sit at a place where no one can disturb you. Start jotting down your duties, right from the time you wake up in the morning to the time you are likely to hit the sack. Write each and every thing you would do, even the small, petty ones.
    · Assign time to each and every activity you wrote above.
    · Now ponder over this. Try to prioritize your activities category- wise, making three categories A, B, and C. Once you start doing this, you will understand, what should be kept under Category A (High Priority things), and so on and so forth. Then spread them over a week, fortnight, month etc.
    · Observing self-discipline is of utmost importance. But please don’t take yourself too seriously. You are not fighting the battle; rather you are sowing seeds of perfect planning to reap a happy balanced life tomorrow.
    · Do reserve some private moments for yourself, for your exercise, family time, etc.
    · Understand yourself; and make it clear to the other family members too that you can’t devote quantity time, but be religious to share quality time. If you have kids, then it becomes even more important to spend some undisturbed, quality time with your kids to build a strong emotional bond.
    · Plan your day in advance. Make necessary arrangements for the next day’s cooking stuff a night before. If the vegetables are cut and other things ready; it takes hardly any time to cook the final dish.
    · Females are very good at multi-tasking. Our mind can control so many things at the same time, with the same finesse. Need an example here—‘When hubby talks on cell phone, even if he is in some other room, and the wife busy with her chores; she can very well keep a tab on hubby’s conversation.’ Use this gift in a more constructive way. Time two or more activities together, so as to save on your precious time.
    · Keep some time for your own recreation like listening to music, yoga, meditation, watching TV, and all time favorite—talking with family and friends.
    · Imbibe the healthy habit of interdependence in your family members. Don’t try to do everything yourself. Take help from others. And please don’t hesitate to ask for help from in-laws also. Follow No-Ego policy.
    · Please don’t carry household business (who did what with you at home) to office, and also don’t bring the office ‘Gupshup’ (gossip) home. Demarcate the boundaries well.

Friends, I would like to share one more thing with you all. I am an early riser. I am always up early. This carries a great hidden benefit with it. You actually add a few more hours to your day. Plus you don’t have to rush through your various tasks. You can do all your activities without messing them up. The morning rush in any family is just enough to create a lot of noises (read yelling), and anger. All this eventually builds frustration in one’s life. And since you start your day on a negative note, you carry the negative feelings to your office. And then the whole day you keep jumbling between office pressures and home tensions.

I have managed my business, lectures, seminars, two daughters and hubby very well till now. We make it a point to spend some quality together daily, if he is not travelling. When he travels, then also we talk on Skype for some time. There are a few things which are followed like a ritual in my household and no one can escape it; yes NO ONE!

So try to formulate a plan for yourself and if you need any help; I’ll be more than happy to help you out.

Thank you so much for devoting your precious time for my post.

Regards:)

80 people like this.

2. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thank you dear rmpriya :) for liking my post. Cheers-anu:)

3. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Good post Anukarsha. You have summed up the points well.

4. Vijaya@17

Vijaya@17 Silver IL'ite

Thanks for summarizing all in one. Very good post. I have to read and follow it.

Regards

5. rmpriya

rmpriya IL Hall of Fame

Excellent one anu . A much needed points for me . I have a kid (2 yrs) and working in IT . I am sending this to my friends .

6. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear orion for your feedback. We all sail in the same boat. So I thought I should share my experience with my friends. What you say?
    Cheers-Anu:)

7. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear Vijaya for your feedback. Yes dear, these points are tried and tested. And I've been quite successful following these points. Let's give them a try, modify as per our own requirements and priorities; and I can assure you that there is no looking back.My best wishes for you, please do give it a try. Cheers-Anu:)

8. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear Priya for your reply, and support. I feel we are all here to help each other, and I did just that. We go through the same set of things in life, have to face the same issues; and are not sure whom to ask for help. This platform is a great platform I believe. What you say?
    Cheers-Anu:)

9. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks Dear Sujisaran and dear JGVR for liking my post. Cheers-Anu:)

10. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear Zingy for liking my post. Cheers-Anu:)

1 person likes this.