How to get freelance projects on php

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by tina234, Oct 11, 2010.

1. tina234

tina234 New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am a new member for this.
    I am working on PHP,My Sql and Ajax.
    I need to plan doing freelance project when i am free.
    How to i get freelance projects.
    anyone know can u suggest me...

tina..

2. nalak

nalak New IL'ite

Tina,

Please join as a member in elancer.com or freelancer.com.
    It really works. You need some patience initially to win the bids.
    Let me know if you have any questions

Thanks
    Nala

3. krisvidhya

krisvidhya Silver IL'ite

Hi Nala,
    I happened to see ur reply on freelancing jobs on freelancer.com-wud like to know how to start up with it..can u give me more details on wat to do as 1st step, how to bid- wat are the rate that are indicated in the rate column?,-should we post a sample project of ours first? i am looking for article writing..are there any samples that we can see before we see? jus want to be careful before starting to take up any work..
    wil b great if u can help.:)

thanks
    Shrividhya

4. ktk

ktk New IL'ite

hai Nalak,
    I too have very interest to get a freelance job. So, please give us some tips. I am searching java and HTML jobs.
    Thank u,very much.
    by,
    ktk

5. nalak

nalak New IL'ite

Hi ktk & Srividhya,

Sorry that I could not respond immediately as I was on vacation.
    You could try the sites www.freelancer.com & Elance work from home jobs for software programming.

You need to register and create a profile on both the sites. For elance work from home jobs you need to have a mobile number. The passcode will be sent to this number and verified. Also you need to clear a test for elance which is quite simple.

Both are free for the basic membership. Using this we can bid for 40 projects maximum (30 in freelance and 10 in elance)

While registering you need to mention your skills and you will be allowed to bid accordingly.

Once you have registered you are all set to bid. While setting up your profile you can mention your previous works/project as well.

Read the projects carefully and bid if you are confident. You need to enter the amount and the delivery date. Do not do the work until the project gets awarded to you.

Initially you can bid a bit low to get some work. Once you have a good review in both the sides it is easy to get jobs going forward.

Please let me know if you have any questions on bidding in both the above sites.Currently I am working using both of them.

Apart from this there are other sites like guru.com vworkers.com etc but I am yet to establish my work on them.

If you are interested in article writing, please refer to the thread started by menaka. She has given lot of information on that http://www.indusladies.com/forums/w...-article-writing-very-good-freelancing-9.html

Please make sure that you define the milestone payment particulary in freelance.com when you make the bid.

Thanks
    Nala