Working from home is possible

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by vandanarajesh, Jan 4, 2010.

1. vandanarajesh

vandanarajesh Bronze IL'ite

I am freelance web content writer/blogger working from home for the past 4 years and thought I did share my experiences of finding work from home opportunities with all of you here. I would love to share my experience so that many others who would like to get started know just where to begin.In the days to come you would find information here on how to start your own work from home venture.....
    Work From Home – is it possible?
    If you have to make a choice between your home and your job/career, what would it be? I am sure like me this would be a really difficult choice to make for most homemakers. A homemaker and mom, you surely want to be the perfect wife, have a lovely home and give all the time and attention possible to your kids. However, on the other hand there is surely a part of you that wants to make use of your education or give wings to your creativity and do something from home in your free time.

Like most housewives, I too wanted to enjoy the best of both worlds. I wanted to start a work from home job/business that allowed me to be at home and still make my free time worth it. The search, I agree did take some time to bear fruit. There is definitely no short cut to success is what I have learnt with experience.

There is something good in each one of us, like the author Arindham Chaudhary says “Discover the Diamond in You”. The key lies in understanding our strengths and making the most of it. In the journey to finding a suitable work from home opportunity I have discovered a number of possibilities that can be made to work and this is what I would love to share here.

First and foremost, my search has got me to understand one important thing. There is really no quick rich scheme here that can make you a millionaire overnight. There may be a number of people out there who promise you overnight results, but this is not true. In fact, these are the people you need to be careful about or plain avoid. They are here to make a quick buck by cashing in on your simplicity.

If there is a prospective employer who promises to provide you work upon you making a payment first, you can be sure this is one to avoid completely. When I began I wanted to make use of the internet to work from home and writing was a field I was interested in. I found a data entry work from home opportunity that looked interesting to start with. However, I was required to make an upfront payment and would get regular data entry work every month making it possible for me to recover my investment in 2 months. The gullible homemaker I was and maybe out of sheer desperation to somehow start I was ready to give it a try. Within a month after joining, the owner of the company featured in the headlines for being the biggest scamster and having duped several innocent homemakers. So much for a beginning!! I was lucky that the franchisee turned out to be good and I got back my investment. I decided then that any offer that requires me to make an upfront payment is a strict “No”.

If you ask me the question of “Work from Home- is it possible?”, then the answer to this is “YES”. There is a lot possible if you know just how to go about it and are ready to work hard to make a beginning. Every venture needs you to put in considerable amount of hard work before you can proudly say that you are established in the field or are successful. If you have a talent or skill that you are passionate about then you need to definitely explore the area. Whether it is glass painting, designing knowledge, writing or any other creative field; this is what you should tap.

[FONT=&quot]After a long search that lasted several months I can say that yes I have arrived. I have been in the field of web content writing for the past 4 years working from my home office. A wide range of writing assignments is what I have worked on in the past few years and luckily have been working with good clients and enjoying my work. I would in the time to come provide more details on how to get started with content writing and other work from home opportunities that interest you. Where to find work and what you need to get started is what I plan to share so that other ladies too can benefit from my search for good wo[/FONT]rk.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2010
    6 people like this.

2. glascobaby

glascobaby Silver IL'ite

Re: Work From Home - is it possible?

:cheers hiii Vandana,
    Indeed a great post and might be an eye-opener for ppl whose seeking to work from home.

I liked the way you have described certain things. And I agree with your stand fully.

NO PAIN N NO GAIN!

Yes, in my research, i have also found some genuine home based opportunities, which paves based on our skill/talent.I'm happy that you are on the track and I am preparing some skill in myself to get into.By next yr end, I am planning to work from home with what i am prepared on.

Plz. list on the qualities required for content writer....

3. Taranya

Taranya New IL'ite

Hi,

I would like to start working from home could you please give more details?

Regards,
    Malathi

4. vandanarajesh

vandanarajesh Bronze IL'ite

5. subhaperoumal

subhaperoumal New IL'ite

can u pls help me to find the geniue site which is the best for data entery or survey site

6. skchivukula

skchivukula Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vandana
    An ecellent write-up. It reflectss the writer within you. You have really provided very useful and helpful info for those who are looking for WFH jobs

There is something good in each one of us, like the author Arindham Chaudhary says “Discover the Diamond in You”. The key lies in understanding our strengths and making the most of it. In the journey to finding a suitable work from home opportunity

There is a lot possible if you know just how to go about it and are ready to work hard to make a beginning. Every venture needs you to put in considerable amount of hard work before you can proudly say that you are established in the field or are successful.

I liked the above words that were quoted by you, the most. Its true that everyone has some hidden talent and of course hard work is the key to success.
    Thank you for such a wonderful write-up

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  7. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

Hai,
    could you please give details about Data entry site..?

8. vinnyvishy

vinnyvishy Bronze IL'ite

Hello vandanarajesh
    wonderful path u've laid & u being the person to lead
    there seems to be many ils following ur path
    very good & kind of u for sharing this infn.
    -vinnyvishy

9. mrsrsuresh

mrsrsuresh New IL'ite

I would like to know from you Vandana the details of home job opportunites

Thank u for yr guidance in this area

Regards

10. tashu

tashu New IL'ite

hi Vandana,

Your post is a moral booster especially for the ladies who are on H4 visa,
    its really frustrating sitting ideal at home.Working from home is the best option ,if it works out..
    I tried these work from home opportunities but they turned out to be fake
    Can you please tell me these opportunities...
    the whole process of it
    are we required to submmit tax id no.(compulsory) as many of these
    companies ask for it plus the social security no. as well

thank you
    natasha