best brand of henna for hair

Discussion in 'Western India' started by veenaanikait, Dec 26, 2012.

1. veenaanikait

veenaanikait New IL'ite

hello ladies,
    i have been using shama rajasthani mehndi for colouring my grey hair.i was advised to use this brand by a good beautician. i do not know whether any chemicals are there in it . it is giving a burgundy colour.my hair is getting very frizzy and rough and some have been advising me to use hair colour which i have not started yet.my friend told me that she used Loreal and it only helped in making the nearby blackones turn grey.i usually henna my hair once amonth and touch up the front portions where it becomes grey very soon, once in a week. can anybody suggest the best way of using henna and the best brand of henna powder pls....? i apply oil every day and use matrix fortifying shampoo and conditioner once a week. i have also been using meera herbal powder for cleaning the hair if it become too oily.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
    1 person likes this.

2. seethavarma

seethavarma Gold IL'ite

Did you try shahenna?

3. veenaanikait

veenaanikait New IL'ite

hi.thanks for the quick reply. is shahenna by shahnaz?? no i have not tried yet. shud i???

4. AnkushPatil

AnkushPatil New IL'ite

5. seethavarma

seethavarma Gold IL'ite

Yes and Its good,vlcc henna is also good!

6. cedantseq

cedantseq New IL'ite

good tips, i will try them too

7. anky2930

anky2930 Bronze IL'ite

First, pure henna and pure plant powders are always better than premade mixes or henna based products. Light Mountain is a mixture of henna and other plants, but you don't mix up all plants in the same way to get the dye out, so putting all the powders together is dumb. Plus it sits on a shelf exposed to high temperatures and sunlight, which makes plant dyes weaker and staler.

8. sunita1211

sunita1211 Silver IL'ite

Hi there,

AS far as i know al about henna is that its the beat colourant but not at all a good conditioner it roughens the hair as it breaks the cuticle of hair to colour it and the repair is very slow than.

9. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Mix either 2 spoon of curd or 1 spoon of any hair oil (I use coconut oil) while soaking it. This will cure your dry hair issue even repair Dry hairs.

I am using henna from last 10 years, have used Nupur, Shahnaj, Local one etc but didn't find any difference.