Exercising is .............Poll for 18th Feb 2007 to 24th Feb 2007

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Laxmi, Feb 18, 2007.

Exercising is ...........

1. A part of my lifestyle

12 vote(s)
    32.4%
  2. A rejuvenator

15 vote(s)
    40.5%
  3. More like a burden

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
  4. A distant memory

6 vote(s)
    16.2%
  1. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Exercising is one favourite topic among us ladies which we never get tired discussing about.
    For some exercising is a way of life and they can never imagine themselves without atleast an hour of workout. For some exercising is a sudden obsession when they want to knock of the extra pouinds or kilos. For some exercise is the most mundane activity in which they engage out of compulsion.
    Some of us ladies might never have the slightest inclination of exercising.

Whatever may be your kind of exercising like walking, aerobics, gym workout, jogging, you would have a mind set about this much talked about word.
    Take up this week's poll question and define exercise as you think apt.
    Looking forward to your comments as usual to make this thread lively.

2. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Dear Laxmi,

Interesting poll, for me exercising is a sudden obsession to knock out of the extra kilos, last couple of months i started doing exercise 5 days a week to shred some kgs. But believe me you feel more energetic too whole day!

3. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Dear Laxmi,

In my opinion Exercise benefits every part of the body, including the mind. Also it can help us look better too. People who exercise burn calories and look more toned than those who don't. In fact, exercise is one of the most important parts of keeping our body at a healthy weight. When we exercise, we burn food calories as fuel. If a person eats more calories than he or she burns, the body stores them away as fat. Exercise can help burn these stored calories. Also Exercising to maintain a healthy weight also decreases a person's risk of developing certain diseases, including diabetes and high blood pressure. These diseases, which used to be found mostly in adults, are becoming more common in teens.It may not seem important now, but exercise can help a person age well. I think weight-bearing exercise, like running or brisk walking, can help girls (and guys!) keep their bones strong.

Thanq for started such an useful thread....
    Tej:wave

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai,
    Oh my God! I think I am the only one to say it is a very mundane activity. Even in the early 80s', when this health factor was not there, myself and my friend used to walk in the mornings. We were plump then. My friend's brother used to get a dig at us by saying that we are doing the work of road rollers. After marriage, there was no time to even think about exercise. But there was enough walking done. But now with a 2 wheeler and not much time for self, exercise sure seems a boring affair. But I know I have to do something to get over that feeling and shed the extras I am carrying. I hope to get motivated by our support thread and dear friends who exercise regularly.

5. varudhini

varudhini Bronze IL'ite

Hi

I am on a thinner side, in fact underweight, but I do exercise regularly by walking for 20 to 30 minutes 3 to 4 days a week and I do most of the household work by myself.

Getting the right amount of exercise can rev up our energy levels and even help us to feel better emotionally. Exercising causes the body to produce endorphins, chemicals that lead a person to feel peaceful and happy and helps people sleep better.

Science has confirmed that people who lead active lifestyles are less likely to die early, or to experience major illnesses such as heart disease, diabetes, and colon cancer.

<u1:p>By introducing a moderate amount of exercise into our daily life, we can significantly improve our overall health, well-being and quality of life. And the health benefits of exercise can be achieved by virtually everyone, regardless of age, sex, race or physical ability.</u1:p>
    <u1:p></u1:p>
    So, the merits of exercise — ranging from preventing chronic health conditions to boosting our confidence and self-esteem — are hard to ignore.

Many people are put off physical activity because they believe that only vigorous exercise or playing sport counts as healthy activity. But, in fact, substantial health benefits can be achieved from regular activity without the need for special equipment.

Walking is considered one of the best choices because it's easy, safe and cheap. Brisk walking can burn as many calories as running and it doesn't require any training or special equipment, except for good shoes. And as walking is an aerobic and weight-bearing exercise, it is good for our heart and helps prevent osteoporosis.

So, friends, start walking at least for half an hour from today whether you need it or not.

Love
    Varudhini

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  6. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    Considering my body stature,I think exercise is not needed because i look slim.But exercise does not serve the only purpose of reducing our body weight.Exercising helps us in a myriad of ways.when you feel depressed,have a brisk walk.Whenever i am tensed and excited,i walk for a while i feel balanced.In case of aerobic and other types of exercises,i think there are a lot of risk factors upto my knowledge.For some,their body conditions won't accept vigorous exercises.But still mild exercises helps matters a lot.Above all walking is the best solution for all ailments.When you go for a walk,our mind gets revitalised,we inhale fresh oxygen.So i vote for exercising a rejuvenator.