1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

If Only You Are With Me.... I Seek Your Blessings and Wishes

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Sep 30, 2009.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Most Gracious ILites,

I am standing before you once again seeking your kind wishes and blessings as my 12<sup>th</sup> book in Tamil has come out just now.

It’s a short story collection entitled “Nee Ennudan Irundhaal”. It runs into 320 pages and contains 57 short stories.

‘What’s the big deal? Varalotti is writing book after book. So what?’ . I can understand the thoughts in your minds.

In a way this book is special. This contains stories which have not been published elsewhere. Some very bold stories rejected by the magazines with the note, ‘We are not that progressive to consider your story.’

Marimuthu, my editor at my publishers, (you remember the character Marimuthu in A Love Story? The same guy.) called me one night. He was going through the manuscript for the book at that time.

“Sridhar Sir, I just read this story. You know I remained frozen for an hour not knowing what to do. I am discarding all the titles you suggested for this book. The title of this story, Nee Ennudan Irundhaal, shall be the title of the book.”

For a small time writer like me that was like winning the Sahithya Academy Award. I let Marimuthu have his way.

I am enclosing the preface I wrote for this book in a pdf file. I am also enclosing the scanned book covers.

The books are available at my publishers – M/s Kavitha Publications, #8, Masilamani Street, T.Nagar, CHENNAI 600 017. Phone 044-24364243. It is priced Rs.175/-

Whether you are going to buy the book or not, please do bless me that I should write more and write better.

With Love,
    sridhar

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009

2. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Sridhar Sir

Hearty Congratulations!!! I did guess this one too however as I said..I was expecting a movie out of atleast one story...might be some where in future...

[​IMG]

Wonderful...though I dont understand Tamil , however liked your smiling photo on the book :)

Nice to see this..and I wish and hope the book is going to be a great hit and very successful:2thumbsup:

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Srividya,

That was the promptest response for the post. Thanks a lot. I hope someday I will translate these stories for you.

love,
    sridhar

4. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Congratulations Sridharji !! Very glad to hear the news.
    Wishing you to come up with many many more such books in the future.
    I guess I will hear about the stories somewhere here on IL sometime.
    Good Luck once again !!

Oh! just saw your response to Sri Vidya. I am soooooo glad that you did
    think about translation. It might come handy for people like me. Thank you
    for entertaining that thought.

5. manchitra

manchitra Senior IL'ite

Congratulations Varalotti sir

Would wait till you translate as i cant read Tamil. My best wishes

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Sridhar,
    Congratulations for another feather in your already overflowing cap. we are happy for you.

MY FIL was bowled over by few of the stories from the book you gave me and veda.

May you have many more successes by HER grace.

7. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Thats sooooo nice of you...I already see there are lot of our IL friends who are waiting for your translation of these books:cheers

Wishing you the very BEST!!:thumbsup

8. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Boost,

Congratulations !

[​IMG]

May you reach more milestones in your passion Sridhar. The cover of he book has come out very well. Will read the preface and come back as you know the reason of my slow reading. Marimuthu has done a great job...oru periya O podannum...Do convey this to him.

9. kavithavel

kavithavel Senior IL'ite

:cry::bang Enku tamil padika teriyade...
    The book that I got from you as a compliment to my Love story subcription, my DH has just opened it y'day.
    He didn't utter a word to me abt the subject, just read and kept it to himself.
    Now who is going to read Nee enudan irrundal for me?????
    All my wishes and Pranams to you sir.

:bowdown Kavitha.

10. bars62

bars62 Senior IL'ite

CONGRATULATIONS SHRIDHAR SIR :clap:clap:clap:clap

PRAYING GOD FOR YOUR MORE AND MORE SUCCESS :thumbsup

your book cover and forward are excellent and i feel i am lucky that i know to read tamil . i am just looking forward for the earliest opportunity to read the book .

all the best,
    bharathy.g.