1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Varalotti's story on Jaya TV :-)

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by Chitvish, Aug 19, 2009.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kavitha,
    I am happy that you are there to see at least the last episode.

Well I am not acting. In fact I was not even there when they shot the serial. I just gave my permission to them to shoot my story. there ends my role.

Just see the serial today and come back with your comments.
    love,
    sridhar

2. meenakrishnan

meenakrishnan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sreedhar sir,
    A very touching story...Hearty congrats for reaching more ppl through TV.
    characters ellame kachithama irundadu. Regular serials kkum, over acting reality shows kkum idela nalla oru change....Calm background, simple make up, natural dialogues, ellame porutham.Nanna eduthirukka.Pavam sarada nnu mothalla thoninaalum pavam sethu nu kadasila thonaradu...solliyirukkalame amma nnu polamparadu namma manasumthaan....Hats off!
    Regards
    Meena

Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
  3. varalotti

Dear Meena,

That line was really poetic. Nobody could have summed up the emotions involved more beautifully. thanks.

Honestly I did not take any efforts as far as this was concerned. My novel was published in December 2008. Someone from the Unit read that novel and they got my permission to shoot the story. And it happened.

And you know as I watched the story I appreciated the subtle differences between the print medium and the visual medium. Print medium is like riding a bicycle. One has to pedal hard and for long. Visual medium is like driving a car. One has to just know driving. That's all. You can go places at a fraction of the time involved.

May be if somebody approaches me with a request to write a story exclusively for a TV serial I can now do a better job than what I would have done before this serial.
    thanks once again, meena.

regards,
    sridhar

4. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Pleasant surprise to see the familiar name on TV. Congratulations.
    I stumbled upon the serial only on the second day.
    I know we are supposed to sympathise with the heroine, but somehow my heart went out to Sethu in the end.
    Best wishes for further successes in the visual medium.
    Regards
    Manjula

5. varalotti

Believe me Manju seeing your name here after a long time gave me the same happiness when they announced my name on the TV.
    Your presence in IL and your post completed the happiness I had in seeing my story telecast.
    Thanks a lot for your kind wishes.
    You are right. Even my heart went out to Sethu in the end. The Director and the dialogue writer had made some subtle changes in the story/screeplay etc that the sympathy is shifted to Sethu. But I like the way they have filmed the story without disturbing the essence of the story.
    thanks for your kind wishes, Manju and hope to see you often in IL.
    It looks like aeons now.. that I was laughing uncontrollably after reading about that naidu hall samacharam.
    love,
    sridhar

6. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

We could not see the serial here nor online. I too kept searching ....

But had told the temple pundit's wife here and she said this serial was there on a channel called Thendral, which apparently telecasts Jaya tv serials, but at different timings. But when she mentioned the name of this serial and the storyline, i knew it was yours. So many srilankans here would have watched. Unfortunately i was not even aware of jaya tv progs on this channel. I thought it was purely a srilankan channel, so never watch this channel!:spin

But from what she said it was a good story and she liked the serial.....so one more :cheers from Germany!:thumbsup

keep going.....hope someone has recorded ita nd we get to watch it. But Sridhar you can get a copy from teh director for yourself, it will not be a problem. I am sure he will be able to provide you a personal copy...tell him we from outside India want to watch! ::wink:

7. swethakrishnan

swethakrishnan Senior IL'ite

Hello Sridhar Uncle

Please do pass on a copy of the recording to us ... if possible, please load it on youtube and send the link. We are eagerly waiting to see your story come to life (as we havent seen it yet :spin)
    Adha padicche asandhe poitaalaa? IL le login panni ungaloda forum le irrukkara kathaigale padikka sollungo. They will never run out of ShowBiz!!!

Congrats again!

8. varalotti

Dear Sudha,
    I have asked for recording from a very reliable source. They have indicated that it would be 80% successful. Let's see.
    Once I get it I'll surely burn a copy for you. Of course I can't post it in any public forum. Not even in IL. Because it belongs to the Channel and not even the producer.

Glad to know that somebody saw that in Germany.

I loved the way they announced my name before and after every commercial break.

Just scroll down to read the post regarding my conversation with the Producer.
    love,
    sridhar

9. varalotti

Hello Swetha,
    thanks a lot. Well Jaya TV executives saw the rush - all the four episodes in one go - and had told the producer that it was the best in the series.

If I get a copy you surely will have a cd copy. But you will have to collect it from me either in Madurai, Chennai or Bangalore.
    ha ha ha.
    love,
    sridhar uncle

just scroll down to read the next post

10. varalotti

Most Gracious ILites,

The serial came and went. And we are into the 100th post in this thread. My first thanks are due to Chitvish who was kind enough to post the thread last week. And for her greater kindness of including in her most celebrated Ask Chitvish Forum

I have been fortunate enough to watch all the four episodes. In fact I did not even miss out on the advertisements. While I was watching TV Indhu was by my side watching me, my peculiar reactions, my thrill, my childish happiness, my rolling in my chair when they told my name. She was more amused by me than by the TV show.

Now about the programme. There are two ways of looking at it. One can always say that the programme was not as good as the book. That was what my cousin said. "I cried reading the story. But did not cry after seeing the programme." summed up his emotions.

But we should know that the media are different. We writers have a lot of liberties with the print medium. If I just describe a part of the scene you will imagine the furniture, the persons, their emotions and all. But the poor Director has to literally bring them all before you. It's a TV show and does not have an unlimited budget. That explained almost all the shortcomings. By and large the picturisation was good and the story well treated.

When I called the Producer on Friday morning to congratulate him for the work, I told him clearly that the Director (One Senthil Kumaran) and the heroine (Rajashri) had done their roles very well.

In fact one of my friends asked me to get the numbers of the heroine and the director to thank them. I was not very keen. The producer should not think otherwise.

I don't know what came on to the producer. When I appreciated the Director and the Actress he told me very politely, "Sridhar Sir, can you do me a favour? I will give their numbers to you. Just call them and tell them that they have done a good job. Poor souls. They suffered a lot and when they hear your words of praise they will be very happy."

He immediately passed on the numbers to me. I called the Director first and told him about my views. When he insisted that I should point out one defect, I told him that the scar in the heroine's face was not that good, or, not that bad. He told me about his constraints. And that the scar they first applied on her face gave her an uncontrollable itching sensation so much so that they had to stop the shooting and switch over to something mild.

Actress Rajashri sounded very sweet. "It's my good fortune to act in such a story, Sir. the moment I heard the story I said a big yes. Please bless me sir that I should grow to fame in the small screen."

She also invited me and my DW to her home in Chennai.

I once again appreciated her beautiful acting and took leave of her.

thus came to an end a very important week in my life - when I saw my characters coming to life and talking my words most of the time.

Let me thank you all my dear friends for your kind words of greetings, wishes and blessings but for all of which this would not have been possible at all.

May you all be always blessed.

love,
    sridhar