1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Curtain Raiser for Varalotti's new serial story - A LOVE STORY!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by Induslady, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Curtain Raiser - by Varalotti

Most Gracious ILites,

Everytime I write a curtain raiser for my serial I am not tired of repeating that my pen and I always team together to build temples of love. In a way all my earlier serials here in IL have been love stories, whether it is about the hero and heroine caught in the midst of poltergeists in “The Haunted House”, or the accountant and Miss World caught in the debauchery of the tinsel world in “The Beauty And The Brain”, or even when it is the story of a woman in search of her identity in SHE, or about the two-in-one characters Sethu and Madhavan in HE and their love for the world and their fellow beings.

But this story is so different that after racking my brain (or whatever little is left over after a quarter century of married life) for days on end, I have decided to call this A LOVE STORY.

“When all your serials are love stories, why should you call this by that name?”
    “Is that a marketing trick you have up your sleeve?”

I am so close to you that I can even hear what your heart murmurs.

Now go back and read the second sentence of this post. It starts with the words, “In a way…” Yes, they were all love stories, “in a way”. But what I am going to write now is a love story all the way. And no title can even come a mile near the story other than, “A Love Story.”

Arun, Vidya, Kamla and a lot others are readying themselves to walk into your lives. There are some Vidyas in this site and there is even one Vidya Arun. You will have to forgive me dears for using your names. I conceived the plot some 9 years ago and had used the names Vidya and Arun even at that time. Kamla, yes, that is a new character inspired by our own dear Kamla, Kamala without the a. I have asked for the kind lady’s permission, which she was only too happy to give.

And when I say love story, it is not just about singing duets, uttering sweet nothings, holding hands, kissing or any other act of physical intimacy. It is not even that strange feeling in one’s mind, a sweet sorrow or a painful pleasure, which in many cases renders the lovers incapable of a practical worldly life. It is love in its highest sense, which acts even if the lovers are miles and timezones away from each other. And this love does not immobilise but motivates. It does not dullen their brains but sharpens them and makes them capable of doing great things in life.

The one complaint I have from the gracious ladies and gentlemen is that many a time my story makes them heavy. Many have confessed to crying over the monitor. “Don’t write tear jerkers anymore” is what all I could gather from the sobs of a lady who called me to talk about HE. I am trying to make the serial as light as possible. This “light-weight” condition covers only the events in the serial and not our learnings there from.

The first episode of “A LOVE STORY” will appear on <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:date w:st="on" Year="2008" Day="14" Month="7">Monday, the 14<SUP>th</SUP> July, 2008</st1:date>. I have the superstition of checking the Almanac whenever I start anything important. That day is a heavy muhurtham day. I have half a dozen wedding invitations lying on my table – the event is on 14<SUP>th</SUP> July in all the cases. Could there be a more auspicious time to start the serial? The second episode will appear between 24<SUP>th</SUP> and 26<SUP>th</SUP> July and thereafter at regular weekly intervals.

I am now proud to place my sixth child in the hands of some 20,000 loving mothers spread all over the world. Like her five elder sisters who passed through your hands to grow up, this little girl also will be in your hands for a while. This little girl longs for your love. Nevertheless she is strong enough to face your hatred; but no so strong as to bear your indifference.

Love,

Sridhar aka Varalotti.

2. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Eagerly awaiting !

Dear Sridhar aka Varalotti Sir,

The way you have penned the curtain raiser makes me want to read the serial (without missing a single episode) right away !

Your title reminds me of the movie "1942, A love Story".Hopefully, your story will have a happy ending unlike the movie. Me, being too emotional and sensitive, can't bear tragedies even if it is in movies/stories.

Of course, you need to cater to different readers and by now, you know their pulse !

So, all the best for this new endeavour !

Hope this beautiful story creates a broad spectrum of colours in our monitors instead of tears !!

Regards
    Krithika

Last edited: Jul 9, 2008
  3. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    This is what I expected from you. The wait has begun, should I call it the countdown? Other than your GF, work and play posts this is gives me the joy of waiting, expecting a treat form you, if I can term it just that. There have been many a story form your keyboard that has left us wiping our tears and others that made us think, delve deeper into certain emotions that we take for granted. To be more specific the emotions that we so often face in life like love, disappointment so on and so forth.
    Which will be better Iam confused, whether to make a mobile reminder to read the much awaited love story, actaully I do not have to, I cannot fogret, rather I will not.
    Computer Typing

4. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

Abba...... the wait is almost over. I have spent sleepless nights in expectation of the serial. Honestly Sridhar.

What to say.... we have been talking of Love in all forms in our earlier threads and now the actual comes.........Can't say any more.... just waiting for the same to devour more of love.......... idhumattum ethanai annalum thehattadhu.

Wishing you all the best for the future serial and pray for the same to be a roaring sucess (though it is not needed as whatever you write is a success)

5. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

So finally the wait is almost over! Many thoughts are flitting through after reading your curtain raiser. What type of a LOVE STORY is this going to be, heartbreaker, tear jerker! Have to wait till Monday!
    All the very best for the Sukha Prasavam! Big LaughOnly after that we can lovingly cuddle it!

6. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear sridhar,
    It was a sheer thrill to read about the curtain raiser.Your sixth child will be my grand daughter and grandchildren are more precious to the grandparents than one's own children.I pray for this sweet grand daughter's growth into a lovely maiden and wish that all her dreams come true.
    I wish you all the best.
    Regards
    mithila kannan

7. Vidya Arun

Vidya Arun Senior IL'ite

Dearmost Sridhar

Never thought one could pen a curtain raiser like a short story by itself. You know what i am in a way very proud that me and Arun will be remembered by you all along the journey. What more is a greater pride!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Sridhar these lines really stirred my heart.
    "It is love in its highest sense, which acts even if the lovers are miles and timezones away from each other. And this love does not immobilise but motivates. It does not dullen their brains but sharpens them and makes them capable of doing great things in life." Wow what wonderful expressions.......

Sridhar i do get "kanneer" when i sometimes get engrossed in the storyline and start imagining all the incidents happening right next to me. Well that is the metier of your writing skills and hats off to that.

I devoured reading all your 'In a way' Love stories and whole heartedly awaiting the 14th on my calender.

This time i will make time to read all them on time without any piling.

Amazing writeup as always Sridhar and Good luck.Your sixth child will be well fed and well kept with loads of love and just love, I promise....There will be no tinge of any indifference that she will ever face in her journey throughout...

Eagerly awaiting........
    Vidya

Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  8. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

Wow..thats a Great News indeed,Was waiting for that long time... And A wonderful Curtain raiser Sridhar....Bow

Im so happy and exited to read your Love Story..:)
    Im more anxious because this is the first time im going to read your serial story .

I have read your heart throbbing religious writings which taught me several things..

Im damn sure this LOVE STORY will also teach me some or the other .

Im adrent fan of Love stories may be a small writer or a popular one.I have read and reread many LOVE STORIES in my collection :).

I definelty know that im going to do the same here also..Going to read and reread..C'os its a LOVE STORY.. :) that too from YOU..

My Wishes and Prayers always for you here...

9. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sridhar ,
    You need to do double , triple … so many times of homework this time because you have to make the serial more interesting than the curtain raiser ! ! Enjoyed reading it ! :hiya

Vidya , Arun & Kamla are lucky indeed since the main characters shine in their names ! That makes me too to long for that honor - will I get it someday ? ! ? ( just kidding ! )
    Its nice that you give different dimensions to “ LOVE “ & bring its picture clearly in each & every love story of yours ! ( I mean … love serials of urs ! Don’t become pale … hahahaha! :crazy)
    You ‘ve promised to make the serial very light .Pl . remember it ( not a single tear-jerking incident ,ok ? )or … we ( you along with me ! ) will have to protect ourselves from the stones thrown over our house by our dear GFs from all over the world ! So don’t have any idea of risking our lives , ok ? ! ? Harhar
    Your sixth child will be pampered & will surely get all the love she expects from our dear GFs with the grace of Madurai Meenakshi since it will be born on the most auspicious day of the month ! Wish you good luck , Sridhar ! :thumbsup
    Awaiting the happy cry of the new-born baby on Monday !
    Love ,
    Indhu .

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

What a Curtain Raiser!!!!!:clap:clap:clap

Dear Sridhar,

I got the feeling of attending a premier of one of Yashraj or RK movies:))
    But it was the Gemini films logo music that was sounding in my ears:)
    With such an intro, which was in itself a pleasure to read, I am now all excited and await your newest release with abated breath.
    Hmm...A love story which is going to be 'summa, jillendru oru katru'...right?...Simply put...a light breeze. And you say...it is not just about singing duets, uttering sweet nothings, holding hands, kissing or any other act of physical intimacy....
    Now, I wonder how you are going to achieve that! No tears nor the normal expressions of love...also looks like love happens in spite of distances...You have made me all curious. Can't wait for the 14th July!
    I wish you the very best for your new serial and may the Goddess give you more and more fantasy and talent and my you reach new heights, both in fame and fanfare !:thumbsup
    All the best to you.
    I, ofcourse, take special interest as Kamla seems to be one of your characters. This Kamla is really lucky to be in the company of such lovely people like Vidya and Arun. Hopefully your Vidya too will celebrate her B'day with a bang??Big Laugh
    BTW, as already mentioned to you, I simply do not hold the patent for the name Kamla! Yet, I am thrilled that you are using the name, thank youBow

L, Kamla

Last edited: Jul 10, 2008