1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Curtain Raiser for Varalotti's new serial story - A LOVE STORY!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by Induslady, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,
    I wonder if Dasavatharam was looked forward to, so eagerly; if Kuchelan will be looked forward to more eagerly!!
    You beat Rajni & Kamal, hollow, with your curtain raiser.
    Mithila looks forward to a grandchild;
    My friend waits for the cry of a newborn!
    Well, I wait to read your Serial-part1 on 14th - shubhamuhurtham & shubayoga shubadinam!!
    Wish you great luck.
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar

Eagerly waiting for the arrival of your sixth child. I am all geared up.

I am sure she will enter with a bang!

Wish you all the Best!

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Re: Eagerly awaiting !

Dear Krithika,

thanks a ton for favouring me with your visit. And you being the very first person to greet me on this occasion that sure is a great favour from you which I shall never forget.

In fact my daugther wanted me to add the year 2008 to the title. But then I thought love is timeless and whether it happens in 1942, 2008 or 2942, a love story is a love story. So why bother about the year.

I had promised to deliver a light story. But only now I feel rather heavy writing a light story. I feel that it is very difficult to write a light story. So hats off to Cheeniya sir, Balajee and Kamalji who weave humorous yarn by the bundles. Maybe I should learn from one of them.

No, Krithika. After donkey's years of writing I only feel that my readers know my pulse very well and not the other way round.

Thanks for your kind wishes. Let's see how it goes.
    regards,

4. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar sir,
    After reading the Curtain Raiser, I am very eagerly looking forward for the Inauguration Day of "A LOVE STORY". This is the first time I am going to read on the Premiere Day.

All the best!

5. Sowparnika

Sowparnika Silver IL'ite

dear sridhar sir,
    great that the wait is nearing an end....u've released the trailer, and now we wait with bated breath for the serial to begin...
    with so many wishing your child, am sure she will be a cute toddler, sweet girl, and a graceful maiden... :)

its so nice that you had a good darshan of the queen of Madurai, just in time....of course, She's the lokamatha, she knows when to twist our ears, and when to give us a big bar of candy !

i'll be eagerly waiting for the shuba muhurtham on 14th july....
    i am very happy to note that you have said that though the events of the serial will be "light", the message will not...
    your writings have that stamp of being simple, understandable, yet profound...while we all want you to retain your cheerfulness, i would never like to see your writings missing the depth they usually carry...be it a serial, or a simple anecdote...

and of course, since i don't know Kamla beyond her posts, am eager to see the character she has inspired.... :)

6. varalotti

Dear Janani,

It's wait for you and countdown for me as I am struggling with the first episode. But in that struggle I am on the winning side since you and all the wonderful ILites on my side fighting for me and prayng for me.

Unlike a bi-weekly post which will be like a 20 20 match, a serial will be like a five day test. And in a five day test we normally do not expect fireworks on the very first day.

Let me make a secret known to you. My writings have only two basic objectives. If my words could increase the total quantity of love in the world by a milligram, then the lonely hours spent by me crying before the system would not have been in vain. And the second objective is to make us understand the workings of human mind better, be it the hero's mind, the heroine's mind, or even that of a psychiatrist who plays a supportive role. Oh, I have started telling the story. Let me stop here.

I will sign off with this note: looking forward to your comments on the story is the greatest reward for my writings.

thanks Janani for your fb and wishes.
    love,

7. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear SIr,

It is so wonderful to know that the wait is finally over. Its like fanatic audiences awaiting the release of the film of their favourite superstar, knowing even before its release that it would definitely be a super duper success.You know SIr there is only an upward climb for certain things in life,youre writings are one of them.Its increases our respect for your writings,our love for your works and our anticipation for the next one from you!

The curtain raiser itself is ao beautifully penned!! Loved it.

I look forward to the D day , not so far away,yet so far!!

Love,
    Devika

8. varalotti

Dear Lalitha,
    Only after writing the CR I realised how difficult it is to write the first episode. In fact I thought of replying to you all after I have completed the first draft of the first episode so that my responses will be brimming with confidence.
    But for three, four days I could not write more than a few lines. Then an idea struck me. I had translated HE into Tamil and had the edited, corrected manuscript with me. Of course Indhu did the editing, a painful and a thankless job.
    I gave away my manuscript to a lady fan of mine. I told her to read the novel and tell me if it was worth the while. If it was not good enough, she should not tell me at all. Criticisms do hurt me a lot though many times I am not matured enough to accept that fact.
    This lady called me last night - not once but four times. At the end of the fourth call she told me that she simply loved the story and told me it had been worthwhile for her to read the story in one go, in three hours flat.
    Only after that call I got the necessary enthusiasm to write the first episode.
    I completed the draft this morning and now am ready for replying your kind fb.
    thanks a lot for your kind wishes, Lalitha.
    love,

9. varalotti

Dear Sudha,

A love that does not break our hearts (at least once in a while) or jerks our tears (at least once in a day) is not real, deep love. Seeing all your kind wishes I am happy to inform you that the omens are good. The first draft has come out. But I am afraid to show it even to Indhu.

Monday is just a week-end way.
    You may start preparations for cuddling this baby. And don't forget to tell me how does she look like. Does she bear resemblance of her earlier sisters or not?
    Waiting for Monday with as much eagerness as you have.
    regards,

10. varalotti

Dear, Dear Mythili,
    My heart is swelling with pride and happiness to know that my sixth child will be blessed with an able grandmother, who is a better writer than the child's father anyday.
    Thanks a lot for your wishes and prayers. As you pray for your pet granddaughter, pray also for her father, the author.
    love,
    sridhar