1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

One More Occasion To Seek Your Blessings! My Book On Motivation Released!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Jan 9, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Most Gracious ILites,

My book containing a compilation of 57 motivational essays has been released today. The title of the book is "நம்பிக்கை தரும் தன்னம்பிக்கை"
    "Self Confidence That Gives You Hope"

The book contains 20 essays serialised in Dinamalar Varamalar during March to July 2007. (and published here in Sundays With Varalotti Forum) The other 37 essays are on various aspects of life. Some of them are just forwards which disturbed me a lot. Some of them are Tamil translations of what we discussed on Saturdays and Wednesdays. I loved the discussion especially on listening, gossiping and hypocrisy.

The book is priced at Rs. 100 and has been published by Dhanalakshmi Pathippagam, a sister concern of Kavitha Publications. Copies can be had from the Book Fair or Kavitha's office at #8, Masilamani Street, T.Nagar, CHENNAI 600 017. Phone 044-24364243.

In fact this book was not scheduled for release this early. Since I delivered the Osho translation on time, the publisher was pleased with my work and hastened to add this book in this season itself.

Unlike the Osho Book which is meant for a select audience, this is for all.
    Every essay describes an incident which has some lesson for life. I love the chapter about the confessions of a male prostitute, the chapter that talks about a bank official asking for sexual favours from an ex-actress for granting loans, about a leading actor of yesteryears who gave a "brilliant" technical suggestion,about the smartness of today's children , and the final chapter about the life history of John Perpoint.

I place the book at your feet and seek your kind blessings. If any of you think that it is worthwhile buying the book, and it is worthwhile reading it, please do post your thoughts about the book.

With love to all,

Last edited: Jan 9, 2008

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,
    Today, I was off line since there was a problem in my system. So, I almost finished reading your book
    Nambikkai tharum Thannambikkai.

Every chapter teaches a life-lesson enjoyably, without preaching which is often boring.

I just wish to mention 2,3 chapters in particular.

Chapter 25 is very good. Your examples are very enjoyable - we love to give ourselves excuses for everything, rather every omission on our part.You say it right thus:
    We must always listen to our inner voice and keep ourselves open to new ideas and new endeavours in life.
    Review you activities of the day, before you go to sleep. This idea helps introspection very much.
    Believe in positive thinking and believe in yourself, first.

Chapter 47 was very enjoyable to me. I presume, the nearest translation to Ashhdabhoothi is hypocrite, right ?
    You aptly quoted
    Have more than thou showest
    Speak less than thou knowest.
    How very true! We always do the reverse !!

You have beautifully illustrated the term “paradigm shift”, with very good examples. It does not come about easily, but a sort of metamorphosis brought about by agents of change. Our very perception suddenly changes and we stand to gain.

I can go on and on, Sridhar.
    You have proved to be a very keen observer of humanity, which is beautifully brought out in 57 chapters. The points mentioned by you are to be chewed and digested for our own benefit – those who interact with us, will stand to gain, by our change.

An excellent book, Sridhar. I wish you more and more laurels in your literary endeavours.
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. varalotti

Dear Chithra,

Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that you will be so fast with your review. I presume you should have got the book yesterday when it was released in Chennai. I got it only today by courier.

I am happy that you liked Chapters 25 and 47. Happy because they were first presented here to the members of IL through my forum for discussion.

You are right ashada bhoodhigal means hypocrites.

And you are also right about paradigm shift. I struggled hard to find a suitable Tamil word for that. Then to find out some real life experiences to illustrate that concept was even more difficult. American books (especially 7 habits of Stephen Covey) contain a lot of examples. But I wanted something closer to home.

Thanks a lot, Chithra. Your post can qualify for a Guiness record for the "fastest review" ever done of a 240 page book.

Thanks once again for the confidence reposed in me.

Love,

4. varalotti

Dear Vidya,

Thanks. Thanks a lot for your kind wishes. The first 20 essays came in Dinamalar and was posted in Sundays With Varalotti forum here.

It is but apt you talk of Jambavan. And the role he plays in convincing Hanumar of his own powers. (Incidentally we had Hanumath Jayanthi yesterday) But the aptness comes from the fact that I have devoted Chapter 21 for this. The chapter is entitled "Hanuman, Jambavan and CA Exams." Chapter 21 talks about how by making a person realise his potential, you can make him do difficult things like passing the CA exam.

I love to be called as Jambavan in so far as it refers to my mission in life of making people understand their own real worth. I have a lot of friends who grossly underestimate themselves in life. Even if I succeed in making one of them realise their real worth and full potential, I will die a happy man.

Thanks a lot for your kind wishes, Vidya.

5. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Mr.Sridhar
    Congratulation yet again.. Its no easy to task to publish one..you are publishing so many..
    Reading Chitvish review was very inspiring..Let us know when they become avl. online

Congratulation again!!:hatsoff

6. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

CONGRATULATIONS !

Good adding one more feather on your cap. I think the cap should be full to the brim.

Alas I am very unfortunate as iam unable to read & enjoy and give fb to you. But i really need to know where i can get this book in Bangalore as i can read tamil vvvvvvvvvvvvv slowly literally by letters, it will be a honest beginiing atleast to read your book.:bowdown

All the best for all your future endeavours.:hatsoff:hatsoff:hatsoff:party

7. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hi Sridhar,

I read a lot of good reviews about your writings here in IL.

Was wondering if any of your books/articles are available in English...then people like us for whom Tamil is latin n greek can enjoy your work in English.

I am sure my husband and i and my neice & SIL who are with me would love to read motivational books.

Warm regards
    Roopa.