1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone watching Ballika Vadhu ?

Discussion in 'TV' started by vidhya25, Aug 30, 2008.

1. vidhya25

vidhya25 Senior IL'ite

Hi
    Ballika Vadhu is a story about child marriage , they way they have scripted is very nice , it depicts the harsh reality of child marriage and how small kids life are affected by it. i personally felt this concept is much better than the regular saas - bahu saga

Anyone intersted to watch , tune into COLOURS channel at 8:00
    i really wish that child marriage be abolished and let the childrens enjoy their childhood days

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    I watch that serial from the start. It is really sad when we see how that child is treated by the grandma when compared to the grand daughter. It is interesting to see the girl and the boy- so cute, but when we think of the negative aspects, child marriages should be banned. The reality is that child marriages are still the in thing in Rajasthan. My cousin's daughter told me that one of her friend was married off while she was in the 7th std. (my niece has just finished her engineering this year).

3. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

I watch it. Its so wonderful. The kids are so beautiful.

I wish there would be some change in the society atleast after watching this serial

cheers

Bhooma

4. vidhya25

vidhya25 Senior IL'ite

the serial depicts that in spite we talking about developing technology n all , our villages are still the same , they are not even interested to know what the modern technology are , still girls are not allowed to learn and develop, serious things need to be worked out .Hope such things would create national awareness

5. Neerjavakil

Neerjavakil Silver IL'ite

I am also the regular follower of the show. After a long time nice serial has been telecast on the t.v The acting of 'Anandi' is quite natural. I realley love to watch this show.

6. Senorita

Senorita Silver IL'ite

Hi, me too watch the serial. Its different story from other daily soaps!
    Poor little girl really threatened by Dadisa..

So, what do you all think should Anandi go back to her in laws or stay with her parents?

7. vidhya25

vidhya25 Senior IL'ite

ur question made me think of one of our oldest custom "Shaadi ke baad ladki ka ghar toh sasural hii hota hai ", anandi should stay with her parents till she gets old enough to know whats marriage is and be ready to take responsibility

8. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

It was only Anandi's mother who insisted that she be taken to her sasural (or sasre) inspite of the in laws' wish.
    I also wonder why Anandi's mother did not teach her the taboos of that society- like adorning a widow with bangles. She must have been prepared for the married life at her inlaws, that too with a old dadi saas in the family. That is why she is suffering.
    I love that girl so much and long for a daughter like her. So lively and chirpy. And Jaggiya and Suguna are also so cute.
    My heart goes out to Suguna when her own dadi does not consider her wishes, because she is a girl. I empathise with her much, my mother always did like that. It is one set of rules for sons and another for boys. Though she does not show it now openly, my mother is still gender biased. I have had much bad experiences in my childhood. Even discrimination in giving food was also practised, like the dadi saas does.
    Now my niece lives with me and I do not show any difference between my son and her. Actually I get her more dresses and things than I do for my son, I pamper her as she is a daughter to me. son becomes jealous sometimes too. But niece pampers my son as her chota bhai.

9. Senorita

Senorita Silver IL'ite

Vidya, i too had the same answer but do you think all this happening really now also? I heard in our olden days girls were married as soon as they entered puberty but in this serial she is just kid!

Varloo mam, you have pointed good point that why Anandi's mother did not teach her but may be she is not old enough to understand and digest the fact that widow's are restricted from normal living.

I always tough that will that be possible in real life that parents and grand parents showing much importance to boys as Dadisa do in this serial? But Varloo mam, i am sorry to listen from you! That's really appreciatable the way your are pampering your niece :clap every one should be like that.

10. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hi Senorita,
    but Anandi is born an brought up there and she would have heard a lot about all these customs. Her mother knows about how his inlaws would expect her to be there and should have prepared her well in advance.
    My mother always would scold that girls should learn all household work so that the mother is not blamed by her inlaws. Sadly I understood that ater I heard some bad remarks from my in laws. But my mother never taught me anything lovingly, always scolded and expected that I should learn by watching her. She could do like that becauseshe did not study at all, but I was in a totally different set up.
    I do not expect my niece to do all work, I ask her to relax on Sundays. She needs her break too.