1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do you watch television for a purpose???

Discussion in 'TV' started by BhargaviChakravarthy, Aug 19, 2008.

1. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

We are all aware of technological boom especially the television media with out which people cannot pass the time and cannot sleep peacefullyBig Laugh.Despite the negative impacts,people succumb to it and it has a part of their life.With increasing number of private channels , cable TV connections, & vast number of programmes for all age groups there is no wonder people opt for it:hiya.While old people go in for spiritual programmes,almost three forth of women prefer TV serials,youngsters prefer movies and reality shows becoming very popular in recent days like wise there are myriad of programmes catering to the need of all.
    Generally we watch TV as a routine,to kill the time,to recreate and relax ourselves.Besides all these these reasons,still some people watch television for a purpose.i.e they would have liked some aspect of it.

1)For instance many women watch the programme “Jackpot” a popular game show in on one of the south Indian channels for merely having a look at the designer blouse the host (actress khushboo wears).So this may be one of the reason like watching TV to admire the costumes worn by the host,actress in television.
    2)Some watch TV out of their curiosity to know what happens in the next episode of TV serials.

So there may be/must be aspects from television which tempt us to watch it .There are many positive impacts about television.Do you feel the same way??? Go ahead….. and share your answers on the following…

1)What are the positive impacts of television??
    2)What is the one major aspect that you like from TV and for the same,you watch it???

The question is not about favourite programme/channel but it could possibly be a reply for Qn.No.2 above.If it is so,state the same reason.
    If you don’t feel or don’t find answers then it can be simply put, “ watch it just to kill the time”…..

Share your feedbacks here..

Regards
    BC

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear BC,

I just watch to see where the shares are going, and in the night I just watch NDTV to catch the news and that sit.

My daughter just likes to surf, so in a day I just watch u can say 1 hour TV.

I instead watch CD’s of old movies that I have bought so many of them, and love to see the 60 and 70’s romance.HAHA.Regards.kamal

3. BhargaviChakravarthy

Dear kamalji,
    I am really surprised and glad to have your feedback.So you watch TV only for getting exposure and knowledge and not watch the regular soapsBig Laugh.Well,that is fantastic sir.
    CD's of movies in 60's and 70's.ofcourse there are more romance in recent movies.But still,anything with in the limit seems interesting...Is it???That is why i hope you prefer romance in old movies..Big LaughBig Laugh:hide:

Thanks again to have your fb as the first one....

BC

4. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Dear Bhargavi..I love watching tv..where else can we get entertainment in form of songs,news,gossips etc.It doesnt have to be a formal one with sitting on couch with snacks in one hand.WHile cleaning,cooking its nice to hear something going on.SOme times i do play radio too in tv.it is a stress buster.

5. BhargaviChakravarthy

Dear supriya,
    Thanks for stepping in.So the positive impact is it serves best as an entertainment.Some feel bore watching it and instead watch just to pass the time.You watch it to for an entertainment.I too play radio in TV at night as i struggle to sleep early at night.

Thanks again for your open fb...

BC

6. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Dear Bargavi

I watch Tv , hardly for one hour thatoo for ENTERTAINMENT, mostly i love music channels ( love to hear TAMIL FILM SONGS ) and as u say, IAM ARDENT FAN OF KUSHBOO, in whatever channel she appears, i will imm'ly switch " ON " TV to watch her, her make up, HER COSTUME, HER SMILE, her presentation and her AZGHU TAMIL ( hehehe) AND EVERYTHING . she is very very veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy CUTE AND SWEET person

And, at times, i will watch NEWS CHANNEL to know about HOT NEWS

and also, LIVE PROGRAMES ( tele chocie) like KELVI BADHIL , if it is regarding some HEALTH ISSUES or sOme imp topics, because through that we know solutions for some problems and also get to know toher problems prevailing in that particular field and solutions for that

Mainly, i will watch ALL COMEDY SHOWS AND COMEDY CLIPS FROM CINEMA, because i like only COMEDIES , love to have HEARTY LAUGH

7. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Bhargavi
    I only like to watch sports on a daily basis and some news for 10 mins.. rarely some old movies.. I really think most serials are a waste of precious time.. these days we dont need it for music etc.. nice thread:)

8. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

Dear BC,

I dont spend lot of time before TV... I love to hear and see songs ...And Radio also I hear from net ..suryan ,aaha.. The whole day some song will be played either in TV or system .. I love Music the whole day...always love to hear good songs :)

The recent Heart throb.."Kanngal Irandaal"..Im atleast hearing more then ten times a day ... Big Laugh My hubby and DD are really Witsend:bangRant
    Other than music I love "Discovery Home and Health" Im adrent fan of that channel..Its very useful for me :)

Apart from that these days lot of channels like BBc,Asia food channel,Animal Planet,CNN,NDTV, Sports, News channels, All discovery Channels, entertain and enhance our knowledge !!! Surely they leave postive impact on us...

Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
  9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

BC,

Count on you to bring out new topics. I definitely have a purpose when i watch. Knowledge and awareness. I will vouch that the idiot box need not be named so if we select what we want to watch.

I watch lot of news, travel, animal planet and talk shows. sometimes, it is interesting to know the take of your family (in my case especially what my children think about a subject) while watching news.

I am against serials and have not watched any.

10. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

In my house, the tv will be plying most of the time. If hubby is there, he will be surfing continuously or watching news channels. I watch some particular Hindi serials. One of them is Balika Vadhu, on Colors channel. it is about the child marriage and its ill effects- the story is based in Rajasthan. I love to watch the colourful dress and other aspects of those people and the local language laced in Hindi. The girl who plays the heroine (rather, the child) is so cute that I feel sad that I do not have a daughter. And I guess that there are still villages where child marriages are conducted even now.
    I also watch Scope for Improvement in NDTV Goodtime - they remodel a room in someone's place and give it a different look. This is a very interesting programme.
    I have been watching Khana Khazana in Zee TV since I got cable connection. I learned a lot from the host, Chef Sanjeev Kapoor and am still learning. I just love this programme.
    I do watch good English movies and Hindi movies ( old and new) when time permits. I could not watch Jodha Akbar on UTV Movies this 15th due to Varalekshmy Vritham, I shall have to wait for the retelecast.
    I love to watch programmes on wild life and other such informative programmes in National Goegraphic etc. too. Recently we watched a programme about the hijacking of IA flight to Kandhahar, it was really very informative.
    Daily at least one news to know what is happening outside my home.
    So it is both for entertainment and information.
    1. The world is letrally in our drawing rooms thro tv, that is the positive aspect.
    2.It is good company mostly. That is why I watch it.