1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Telugu serials

Discussion in 'TV' started by Vennella, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

My mom's visiting us and I am at home so got to watch a lot of telugu serials :D

anybody watching?
    my mom's favorites are "sravana sameeralu", "ee tharam illalu (constipated DIL and frog eyed MIL), the godforsaken "chinnari pellikuthuru"
    MIL while she was here used to watch "seetha maa lakshmi" yuck!

Anybody game to discuss;)

2 people like this.

2. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

oh you are a good daughter looks like you got all the channels for your mom :)

I only know about sravana sameeralu because i only get that one channel :). initially i liked it a lot but now it is dragging. especially after they changed that one heroine so many times I am not following the show.

which of these do you like?

3. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

@vennella
    lol. Really I don't like any telugu serials. My parents watch chinnari pellikuthuru, eetharam ellalu, some I don't remember names of those serials.Feel like testing time for my patience whenever I visit India or they come here .at serial time I wish I could be deaf :)

1 person likes this.
  4. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

hahaha yes sandhya! If no channels my mom would'nt know the time of day. Haha! She watches so many shows i wonder how she memorizes each one.
    Yes, she starts with sravana sameeralu and i saw they changed the actress 3 times
    i dont like any but i keep playing the guessing game. So in one show today heroine meets the doctor and knows that her sister is not raped as publicized by the villan. She takes other people to doctor to make them hear the same, and even before the doc opens her mouth i knew she will change her statement!! So predictive.
    ;)
    i enjoy like that

1 person likes this.
  5. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

yeah, they will do such stupid things to simply stretch the matter isnt it? most of these so called dramas will end if all the parties sat down and had a frank conversation. In fact the funny thing to me is when they suddenly end a serial how quickly, in space of 20 minutes all the different threads dragging for last few weeks will get neatly folded and ended because suddenly each protagonist will opt for common sense approach.

6. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

So true about dragging and stretching. It looks too predictable..for every situation they create the most irrational and dramatic scenes are enacted to drag the story further! And don't even talk about those close up shots of reactions from 101 family members from all 360 degress gigglingsmiley
    And the "aaaa" music for silly stuff.

i would really like to see at least one person who acts and behaves like the bahus in these shows! So sugary sweet you might become diabetic just by watching them!

no matter how much ill treatment they get, they act mahaan and speak such crap being all goody goody
    i feel like physically getting into the tv screens and slapping them:biglaugh

7. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

HaHa! :2thumbsup: well said about the 'aaaa' music for each and every thing.

Sometimes I feel like the character thinks to themselves "hmm what could the dumbest most idiotic reaction I could possibly have, hmm let me see...."

I dont know about the bahus but sad to say, I have met a few old ladies who see the MIL machinations and feel they are so good to their DIL in comparison. This was for the Ekta kapoor type serial though, in hindi. They would speak as though the evil MIL doings is common and accepted, 'haan haan beti, ye sab to hota hi hai!' and felt that in comparison they are very mahaan and understanding. shakehead

8. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

Ekta kapoor has single handedly pushed us a generation backwards. She and her regressive nonsense. Seeing cruel MILs is still fine as we can at least imagine that concept. Seeing dumb DILs who act as if MIL is god even after all the abuse gets me! Gosh so artificial!

1 person likes this.
  9. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

True,I feel same like that when i watch serials with my parents.It's very annoying .

10. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

I will use this thread for my rants :crazy

Yesterday I happened to watch a serial called "ee taram illalu". I was shocked at the stupidity :bangcomp: But of course it is natural for a daily soap.
    So apparently this woman from the most regressive household with a barbaric mother in law, succeeds in getting selected for IPS training which is her dream and stuff! :wowWhat a forward thinking family letting their DIL pursue her dreams!!
    Now, cut to the training scenes. The delicate bahu is not able to perform in the various strenuous activities due to lack of physical strength and presence of long hair! Yes hair! In one scene they show her hair getting caught in a wire mesh :banana
    So the training officer rightfully advises her to cut her hair. And here comes the interesting part!! Our heroine refuses to do so mouthing some inane nonsense about feminity and such crap! Of course this cutting hair dilemma is immediately relayed to mothership aka MIL.
    Cue to the drumrolls and thunderclaps while MIL stares with bulging eyes at the thought of DIL cutting her hair and DH sulking in the background.
    Finally, since DIL decides to keep her feminine nature and her long hair intact, congratulations and celebrations back at home with MIL sporting a smug smirk and DH a shy smile
    :bonk