1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why do ZeeTV viewers love serial with lots of abuse

Discussion in 'TV' started by ChennaiExpress, Jul 23, 2015.

1. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

I was a great fan of Service Wale Bahu because the girl was educated, down-to-earth, and had no resentment in her heart. It really gave me hope for finding nice Indian young man, and influencing people positively wherever I go.

In the end she turned her greedy inlaws into kind people --- even the father in law wanted to touch her feet to ask for forgiveness. This show is cut short after 5 months, the shortest time I can think for any serial.

Now there is a new serial Sarajoni that took the place of Service Wale Bahu where there is abuse abuse abuse.

My toxic mother (who I wish to patch things up with) who has had an abusive childhood, was beaten in a place of worship when she was a child, who is stepped on by everyone (but doesn't realize it), and who is mean to my father, who enjoyed when my ex abused me, especially when I was pregnant simply loves loves loves this new show, especially the cruel and abusive scenes. Here, the father-in-law acts worse than any mother-in-law.

Obvious ZeeTV wants to make $$$ and will create shows that people will watch.

So, people really didn't want to see a nice serial, they wish to see abuse everywhere.

No wonder the show Doli Armaanon Ki has dragged on forever. Even after Urmi's abusive ex repents for his abuse and unfaithfulness and kills himself, they make the serial 20 years into the future where Urmi's children by her second husband (who was actually nice, but was murdered by her first husband) is killed, the children are now abusive because the grandmother, i.e. Urmi's mother-in-law has brainwashed them.

Is this the pulse of Indian culture? That they enjoy seeing abusive scenes, and serials with most abuse get most viewers? For the longest time I thought all husband-wives were cruel and abusive to each other, and only recently I saw that some husbands and wives are kind to each other.

And I really hope they don't cancel Neeli Chatri Wale and replace it with God-Knows-What-Twisted-Serial. Already the replaced the original "Bhaggu" with some skinny guy who also has glasses and mustache. I hope they don't replace Lord Shiva with Bhasmasur.

I just want to understand viewers of these serials, who are mostly from India. I really really do. When they got something good, why not keep it, or improve it.

Now, I have hidden myself in a corner of the house, away from that God-Awful serial Sarajoni till it is over.

Best part is, I feel as if I belong more part of India than I do USA. I used to be attracted to good looking Americans, but now, I just look at them and say "my sweetheart is in India". So I need advice.

I really wish to see the greatest of India and soak it in

The Golden Temple
    Dharamsala
    Himachal Pradesh
    Kodiacanal
    Goa
    Tirupati
    etc
    etc
    etc

2. keerthi88

keerthi88 Silver IL'ite

Dear MaliniHari,

It is good that you just shut yourselves down from these kind of serials. No matter what the language is, Indian serials represent only bad MILs, suffering DILs, beaten wives, drunk husbands etc.. Oh my god! And people love to watch only bad things. This represent the ill mindset of people. They only want to empathize with bad things that they see or hear. But never appreciate the good things around them. In fact, good and caring husbands, nice MIL and FILs are around in the world. We are so paranoid to that fact that we dont see them with our naked eyes.

Start watching good things like business shows that will boost up your confidence or talk shows that will cheer you up etc.

Hope you feel better!

2 people like this.
  3. ChennaiExpress

LOL I'm ChennaiExpress. My signature is a quote from MaliniHari who reassured me that my second marriage would be bliss as my first marriage was stormy.

And because I've seen lot of Indian shows where husbands, In-Laws, etc are cruel (plus in my own environment), I even disliked people before meeting them and was terribly rude to someone who least deserved it (see previous thread)

Yes, I take the change in ZeeTV serials as blessing in disguise. Now I have more time to work on my website blog, and learn other things ......

Will look for business shows / talk shows on Indian channels or anywhere else....

4. momsky

momsky Gold IL'ite

Why don't you go and work in India? You will be able to get away from your toxic mother and experience our beautiful India :)

5. ChennaiExpress

I'm actively searching for a job there, while tying up loose ends here.

I think God made me go into IT for this reason.

Perhaps HIS plan is to send me back to India, to bring the best of both worlds together.