1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Indian Serials - wth %*^&%^&$^

Discussion in 'TV' started by Meghaa, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Meghaa

Meghaa Silver IL'ite

:rant:rantWitsendWitsend

Exaggeration/ draggging / unnecessary drama / stupidity / ridiculosness / annoying... I can go on and on and on.

My in laws are here and I am subjected to the 3rd degree torture!!

What kinda sick minds think its entertaining? Nation full of house wives/retirees watching it ... Sometimes I wonder if they are causing the decay / drama in desi house holds..

Just Cant stand them!

2. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

My mil watches all these crap n gets influenced! It shud be all banned!

3. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

Some ZeeTV serials are nice, such as the one where Lord Shiva is with the car salesman, and what about that rich guy pretending to be poor so that rich girl with the snotty mother will marry her (because the girl thinks all rich boys are bad).

And of course there is Buddha, although I don't know how many more episodes there will be since Buddha took nirvana after someone poisoned his food.

But what about the cute chubby girl with the cute chubby elephant brother?

But yeah, people get influenced so easily by serials so easy, it introduces certain vibes into the household who is viewing these...

4. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Do they tie you up to the couch or something, or insist that you watch with them?

5. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Some of them are ok. I personally feel that if you follow too many, then its like all are similar. My MIL is also hooked on to all. If given a remote, she would just hop between Zee, Star, Sony, Colors, Zee, Star, Sony, Colors......!!! And watch the repeats even if she has already watched them.

6. JigsSM

JigsSM Silver IL'ite

Not only MIL but many other elders in my family gets so involved with that drama. There is one marathi serial and the DIL is jhanvi. Sometime they start addressing me with that name.. HEIGHTS. come on.. they even asked me to buy mangulsutra of herstyle. Common on, pleaseee

sindmani and Laks09 like this.
  7. Meghaa

Meghaa Silver IL'ite

I am one of those crazy people who are not locked up in the bedroom and need to use the Living room and Kitchen. Weird, no?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  8. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Uh no.... you're not weird, unless I am too, because I do all of the above as well. But I guess I am special because I am usually able to tune it out and understand that everyone has different standards of entertainment! Like some Netflix shows, I really like them... but my parents and in-laws would feel they are risque and inappropriate.

9. Meghaa

Meghaa Silver IL'ite

Then I guess you also understand that people can share their opinion.

10. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Tell me about it! Most of the ones my mil follows are all so ridiculous and regressive. I don't need to sit and watch it; even just listening to one those bloody dialogues makes me scoff... Much as I try to ignore the stupidity, my blood does boil when I hear certain nonsensical concepts being justified. More so when mil declares that her DILs are lucky to have someone like her and not someone as perverted as in those serials! Thankfully FIL is on my side and we end up scoffing at her thought process together...

1 person likes this.