1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Simran Thirai - Jaya TV 8.30p.m.

Discussion in 'TV' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Apr 28, 2008.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

I really liked both stories telecasted in March and April. Both stories were very nice. In the first one Simran fought the male chauvinism. The actor who played her husband's role and Varadarajan and others also acted very well. I rather prefer to see these monthly serials than the mega ones which goes on and on for ever with climax anticlimax, without an end for years.
    In Anuvum Nanum also Simran and the hero and the child artist has done justice to their rolls. There are no melodramatic scenes and the story told in a nice way. Really i got bored with the run the mill love and violent story types and Simran thirai is a welcome change. Hi, is there any one who feels like me?

2. Meenaneelakantan

Meenaneelakantan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Pushpavalli ma’am

A timely thread about a good tv serial! I did not see the first story. But the second was simply great! I liked it very much. This prog is completely different from all the other regular ‘megas’. I don’t have patience to sit n watch today’s serials. I was less than 10 yrs when ‘Kaiyalavu Manasu’ by K.B sir was shown on t.v n even now it is my favourite. I wondered whether serials of class would ever come again n 'Simran Thirai' came with bangs to prove that even quality directors exist willing to give shows of good quality in today’s world where the majority of serial directors aim only at taking commercial soaps even without knowing where to end n how to end them! Undoubtedly, 'Simran Thirai' is a welcome change!

Love
    Meena

3. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Meena,
    So far Simran Thirai were really cassic ones, hope that upcoming ones also have the same quality. All serials in the starting seems to be good, but later turns very boring. As you say the mega serial directors themselves are in confusion how to end or when to end the story. Actors are changed all in a sudden. Thank you for joining me in appreciating Simran Thirai.
    Love,
    PS

4. varhem

varhem IL Hall of Fame

hey
    i usually dont watch serials.but simran's is a goodone.i missed the ending of the 2nd one.simran thirai is a welcome change

5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Varhem,
    Sorry to hear that you missed the concluding part of Anuvum Nanum. It was a happy ending as expected, but I liked it. The 3rd one Nerukku Ner started yesterday and I hope that you didn't miss it. Hope that it will be nice.
    Love,
    PS

6. varhem

varhem IL Hall of Fame

hi
    i think the third one is not that interesting.dont feel like watching it.the first 2 were good.lets see how the story moves.