1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

airtel super singer

Discussion in 'TV' started by ladybug23, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Oh good, so there's a thread here that we can crib about the show? :thumbsup

I don't care who wins or who loses, but can anyone tell me when will Al Gates taata be eliminated from the show??? Seriously, is he that good? Granted, he's daring to come on a show which is filled with younger talents (and he sometimes even dress according to their ages) but how does that qualify him to be in the show for this long? And every single judge seems to be praising him non-stop!!

3 people like this.
  2. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

exactly my thought! It is too much that they eliminated Nirjari keeping Al Gates thatha safe. If they are really just pushing him for his enthu and interest at his age, they should probably make him a honorary contestant or something! And I feel that they pick on Sanjay too much for whatever reason. I find him to be far better than a lot of other contestants...

1 person likes this.
  3. aniShekar

aniShekar Platinum IL'ite

Good for the show's ratings ;-) His videos have gone viral, I believe...

And he goes so on the defensive, doesn't he? I sometimes feel the judges kind of back off whenever he gets so worked up ;-) He's nice, no doubt...but he's not in this top-25 league, sadly.

IMO, Vijay TV will keep him on until he reaches the top 15 or so...then they can keep calling him to sing in just about every other season/in between seasons/in the breaks between live shows etc :) :)

And Ramesh was in a show earlier? I never knew!! Thought he was a rookie!

1 person likes this.
  4. sujanags

sujanags Gold IL'ite

I see new person hosting the show along with Ma.Ka.Pa. What's his name? Is he also a RJ??

5. kuttimma

kuttimma Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends,
    I watched few episodes, as some one suggested here they should keep Alagesan as honorary contestant, but I dont like the way the Ma ka pa making fun of him. they should give respect to his age, esp when his family is around. As for judges I like Unni, he is neutral. the other two are definitely partial esp sujatha, her fake smile and broken tamil is really annoying to me. Some of the consistent and versalite singers are shenbagaraj, narayanan, divakar, krishnan, deepti and parvathi. I like some of the songs of Nirjari (different voice, cant forget her Maykum malai pozhudhu). sadly she got eliminated. Whoever wins the title I will definitely give credit to Rizwan it is not easy to sing in sitting position(you have to ask carnatic musicians giving concerts.

6. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

I really enjoyed the SPB episodes!! My respect just keeps increasing for him. Wonder if these kids who are getting these playback singing chances through these reality shows are half as humble as the greats!

7. dave08

dave08 New IL'ite

lOved the SPB and S Janaki ones. Nothing but class with some minor exceptions. Its so nice to hear little stories from SPB and S. Janaki.

8. mirun117

mirun117 Silver IL'ite

Hey friends,
    did u all listen to sonia's 'Alagu Malar aada ' song last week... it was exceptional..
    when janaki amma gave her a hug, i was also crying.. that was so emotional...
    janaki amma sang inji idupalaga.. that was mesmerizing..

In this season, i like sonia, krishnan, parvathy. i am sure these 3 will go to top5 ..

i don't know for some reason i hate this vaijeyanthi and Namitha :( :(

9. freesia

freesia Bronze IL'ite

Me too hate vaijeyanthi and Soundarya. It is too obvious that Alagesan thatha is there for ratings only.But how long will they milk that one.

2 people like this.
  10. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,
    Your words echoed my thoughts. But SPB indirectly criticised the Algates in his episode. As you all mentioned if they want to encourage him, they can give a exclusive slot for him not here !!! Sometimes he thinks too much of himself!!! I am waiting for shub day when he will get eliminated !!Appa irukku oru semma party!!!
    with love
    pad

2 people like this.