1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

airtel super singer

Discussion in 'TV' started by ladybug23, Jul 10, 2013.

1. luckwaves

luckwaves Platinum IL'ite

Sun TV as already started one and Gangai amaran Ji as spoiled the show to an extent . Vijay TV as set a trademark to most of the reality shows so I feel Jaya TV supersinger will also be a replica with different set of judges,different way of politics and different prize amount .

As always we need to select the better of the evils :)

2. kuttimma

kuttimma Bronze IL'ite

I agree with you. I watched many music shows including few episodes of malayalam super singer. There will be some kind of self promotion, mutual admiration and appeasing special judges will be there. But no program has this much of visible partiality towards a particular language singers by the judges esp when the program is in tamil channel. what makes it more irritating is the way Vijay tv actively supports this may be only the first super singer where krishnamoorthy and saicharan participated was without that much politics. One eg for my view is the way shenbagaraj, deepti and Saivignesh got eliminated but contestants like syed and soundarya got multiple chances . They should not think viewers are stupid.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  3. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

loved today's show with A.R.Rehman. Wishing good luck to all the participants. Just can't wait for the finals. I hope the contestants become charged and energised in A.R.R's presence. Somehow, I feel a lacklustre performance from all the contestants compared to the previous seasons, at top5, to be precise.

4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I fully agree with you, Sabari. This was precisely what I told my daughter yesterday. Lacklustre performance is absolutely right. Alka, winner of the past year was indeed out of the world. Hope we see some better spirit in the days to come
    Sri

5. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

I saw the first episode of the ARR round today only. Syed's kadhal sadugudu was really nothing extraordinary, but I still don't get why he is the favorite of everyone! Very annoying x-(

Since this is a celebration week, wonder if there will be elimination! The Top 10 celebrations did not have an elimination.

I am not a Malayali, but I do feel that many of the good singers appear to be Malayalis! Even with respect to these talent hunt shows, Malayalam shows appear to be of far better standard than any other language. One of the shows had a proper classical round, where they had to present a krithi and thillanas and stuff. And everyone seemed to be good!! Of course, I can see why they would flock to Tamil shows even if they win in Malayalam because the money/recognition in the Tamil/Telugu industry is far better than Malayalam. I have heard from someone within the film circuit that the money they spend for Malayalam films is a pittance compared to Tamil Films!!

6. somumatri

somumatri New IL'ite

Even ARR appreciated Syed saying he has inherent talent! hmm.. More than the contestants who were mediocre in this episode, I was quiet impressed with the compere Bhavana, i don't like her usually, but I thought she did splendid job in this episode, alone in the middle of such a big crowd, in front of ARR, when everyone was dump found searching for words, she was at ease and spontaneous without going overboard like DD or Ramya. she also encouraged the participants to speak out and at times even spoke for them(like when she suggested Diwakar to ask for a chance) Good job Bhavana!

2 people like this.
  7. chitratrc

chitratrc Senior IL'ite

Re: Airtel super singer

Yes. I also accept Bhavana's compereing is so good and when the contestant Divakar was hesitated to talk with ARR cleverly Bhavana told 'ask for a chance Diwakar'. Just like one woman show she comments easily .
    My Top 3 list is
    1.Sarath Santosh
    2.Parvathi
    3.Sonia
    I doubt why there was not a carnatic round?

1 person likes this.
  8. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

That would have been a surefire way to eliminate Syed Subahan.

2 people like this.
  9. ASHWINRAJ

ASHWINRAJ Gold IL'ite

I pray for Divakar to get the title. I can see that whatever and how ever Syed Suban sings, judges just keep praising him.
    Though he sings well, Sarath and Divakar are above par to Syed.
    At times Soniya screams at her peak.

I strongly feel Divakar to enters into Finals.

10. ASHWINRAJ

ASHWINRAJ Gold IL'ite

Yeah I second Peartree in this. If there was Carnatic round Syed Suban would have been eliminated days before.