1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

airtel super singer

Discussion in 'TV' started by ladybug23, Jul 10, 2013.

1. aniShekar

aniShekar Platinum IL'ite

True...it's a pity they were in the danger zone - esp. Sharad, who's been pretty consistent so far. In fact, the only mistake he made, in this round, was his song selection. But he "explored a different genre" - and isn't that what these folks are always harping on? But all this exploration led him to the danger zone; whereas Syed sings almost similar songs all the time, and yet is termed a "rockstar". And Sai Vignesh, who was blamed for sticking to his comfort zone, is already out!
    Anyway, it's a shame to see Krishnan out - of course, he's not winner material, but he shouldn't be out before Syed or even Madhumita...

1 person likes this.
  2. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Classical genre is definitely Krishnan's forte. Krishna Kripa Sagaram, from Sargam was so beautifully rendered.

Yeah, I don't get the different standards they apply either for the contestants.

3. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Saw the Top 5 in Diwakar's face book page -

SuperSinger4_Top_5.JPG

2 people like this.
  4. luckwaves

luckwaves Platinum IL'ite

Oh Syed is in Top 5???? Unfair :(

5. aniShekar

Syed in top 5...well, we knew this was coming... but that doesn't make it any easier to digest!!

Next we'll be seeing another update from Diwakar..."dream come true - in the finals with Syed, Sonia and Parvati" :) :)

6. ladybug23

ladybug23 Senior IL'ite

omg !!! cldn't digest syed's performances last night and now I hear he is in the top 5????
    If this is the way its going I wont be surprised to hear he is in the top three ....
    grrrrrrrrrr

7. luckwaves

luckwaves Platinum IL'ite

For selecting Aajith (super singer junior 4 finalist ) the judges said as he is from a non musical community but still he is performing well and this as to be considered (he is not a versatile singer at all ). I guess they are following the same strategy in syed case too.

I am sure in super singer most of them don't have a musical background . Leaving the community if we take just the musical background then they can bring in Azagesan sir too :) why syed alone !!!

Oh how are we going to watch this guy for the next couple of rounds :(

8. aniShekar

So that is their explanation!! Then they could have promoted Rizwan - he's from a non-musical community; plus he's physically challenged, and he doesn't seem to be too well off. And if they can push Syed to Top 5; they could surely have pushed Rizwan to top 10!

IMO, they should stick to one thing - either promote talent from unusual backgrounds, in which case they should first prevent these ex-winners from participating, so that new talents can come through. Or they should hold a normal "best-man-wins" contest with no special previleges for anyone. Now what happens is that the winners naturally go through to the top, the "chosen" contestants go to the top; and the other, more deserving candidates get left behind.

But of course, what they want to do is to generate revenue!

Now all I hope is we don't see another Facebook update from Diwakar..."congrats to my friend Syed for winning Airtel Super Singer 4" :)

1 person likes this.
  9. kuttimma

kuttimma Bronze IL'ite

I cant digest this kind of partiality. I learnt music in my childhood and my music knowledge is not that much, can able to identify ragams and can able to sing few trained keerthanis even I cant tolerate unworthy singers coming to top 5 and potential singers leaving the show. I wonder how this so called professional musicians can able to give partial judgements what ever their reasons. This week I didnt watch this show I know what will happen.

10. ladybug23

ladybug23 Senior IL'ite

did anybody saw this coming???? madhumita in top 7 ???
    There were much more talented singers than madhumita who were ousted.
    Don't understand how the judgements work.
    Its really a buzzkill to see syed on the top along with diwakar and parvati