1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Neeya Naana - Latest Episode

Discussion in 'TV' started by peartree, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I did see That show .

Ppl who love to cook should not be seeing the others as "Non efficient moms" or "Bad wives" . Cooking is not a factor to determine how good you are.

The ones who were saying I love to cook are just control freaks or have inferiority complex in other skills. So they just want to prove to be the best in this.

They were just talking for the sake of the show , am sure in all these years atleast once ,they would have thought "what to cook today , it is so boring" . Definitely ! This can never be denied !

I've seen this with my mom, grandma, MIL , SIL , myself. Everyone around me. This is natural when you keep doing things monotonously !

The Teacher who kept talking about efficiency said she makes rasam and kari for dinner. How many times will she make the same in a week ? Wont she think ?

And all those who were in that team are having light jobs like teacher , home-maker , bank job . None have full timings like 9am to 8pm .

Even that Doctor lady who spoke, being a doctor, I seriously wonder how many times she cooks at home. She may hardly get 3 days in a week to cook with her work timings. So if am asked to cook just 3 days a cook , ofcourse I'd cook happily , inventing new dishes blah blah...

The older generation comparing the Cooking to Being-a-good-mom was really appalling. Its just cooking .. The lady on the "hate cooking" team mentioned on good point -
    If you dont fold laundry , no one would ask.
    So similarly if you do not cook, we cannot sustain even 1 day. So we cannot consider Cooking as just another chore. it has to be done everyday.

4 people like this.
  2. MahiSree

MahiSree Gold IL'ite

i dint watch that episode. But based on the posts am giving my comments.

As a working mom, i always wanted my weekends to be spent with my DS and DH. No, not going to Malls or beach or sight seeing. Just sharing some good moments. But i would get this chance only if my PILs are out of station. (NOM on them. O/W they are good)
    They want every food to be cooked at home and that too by me and MIL. They wont allow my DH to help in sharing cooking. But he loves to.
    This way i am finding no joy or no time to relax even during weekends or vacations.
    (Nowadays i have started encouraging him to share my work while cooking whenever possible. He does and my PILS stare at me....Hee hee.)

Right from diwali snacks to daily food, everything should be done by MIL and me. (MIL is non-working since her wedding)

So i would like to hire a maid who could help me in cooking, mainly during weekends.

(PS: i generally wont encourage eating at restaurants.)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  3. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

true, love should come from bottom of heart not because of skin, money or food :)

4. Nithi1588

Nithi1588 Junior IL'ite