1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

kitchen super star vijay tv

Discussion in 'TV' started by ndta26chennai, Oct 10, 2012.

1. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

Friends,

We've seen and discussed the attitude of Raghavi & Pooja. Tell me honestly how did you feel when Sandhya disclosed that Priya didn't use all of the ingredients in the 2 out of 3 dishes that she presented. Apparently, she had used maida biscuits for tiramisu; she herself accepted. Now, the microwave cake would take only 15 mins total & she could have produced it and used it as the ladies finger[ not bhindi] base for tiramisu. Was she honest in her cooking? Did she admit to it? No, not until Sandhya pointed out to the judges. 2/3 dishes were not even qualified. Hers was judged only based on the third one. I'm not saying how unhappy I'm about the judgement. Of course, the third entry was and would have been a sure winner against Sandhya's.

Again, a similar dishonesty by Lakshmi in KSS doubles. She had used readymade finger chips and gave a full platter. To top it all, the acceptance didn't come thru' immediately. Chef Venkatesh Bhat was quite persistent before she succumbed to the truth.

What I'm pondering over is the quality of the dishes produced. No doubt about the taste, but did they do it from scratch or have they goofed up to win the title by any means. Honestly, I didn't like that attitude of Priya and Lakshmi.

2. lathaviswa

lathaviswa IL Hall of Fame

Yeah i too felt the same when lakshmi did that but surprisingly they selected her for finals.

3. radhika8906

radhika8906 Senior IL'ite

Whomever we like or hate, from all the comments here I am pretty sure that Chef Venkatesh Bhatt is a clear winner.

Suresh's inclusion in this game show is quite surprising as I doubt if he has anything to do with this Kitchen show. Though he has tasted different type of cuisines all over the world does not make him a professional chef. Moving on with chef Damu and his standard comments like Masala Seriya ottala, Mutton seri a cook agala and stuff does not make him have a place in our hearts. Chef Venkatesh Bhat stands out with his beautiful expression and friendly nature trying to guide people when they are on trouble, his good command over English and his decent way of comments are way too apart from the other two. The best part is he is a vegetarian. Surprising to see such a great cook being vegetarian. Awesome na? Needs special talent!!!I will definitely give him a star in which he frankly disliked Lakshmi's behavior on her french fries and asking Pooja not to throw food in front of the judges shows his professionalism . I think a man needs guts to tell that its a wrong attitude in front of the camera. Hats off!

Chef Damu trying to use Bhats english is hilarious if some one has noted.

I hope this KSS continues without faking

4 people like this.
  4. Dewdrop

Dewdrop Gold IL'ite

If this was Master Chef, Gordon Ramsay would've disqualified her on the spot !
    This was in fact, her second cheating as earlier she pretended she had no clue about how jeera/saunf came in the halwa.
    Chef Bhat was magnanimous enough :thumbsup to ignore her cheating & focus only on the rest of the meal & put her through to the finals.

1 person likes this.
  5. Dewdrop

Dewdrop Gold IL'ite

Yes, completely agree . Never before I've heard of Chef Bhatt, but after seeing this show, :hatsoffeagerly wait for his apt comments, and great humour.

6. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Who is selected from Wildcard ?
    Am yet to see that episode.

Also who else is selected for finals - Sharmila and ?

7. Dewdrop

Dewdrop Gold IL'ite

Did anyone notice in the doubles wild-card round, this Shukran was constantly going up to the veggie/fruit section & taking something and munching - when the other contestants [ Ammu, Pooja etc.] were submitting their dishes ..:rotfl

And only then I realised, they are using 'Survivor ' theme music [ Tribal Council ], when the participants go to serve the dishes to the judges ... how ridiculous :rant.. can't they have their own music , why copy that too ??? :rant

1 person likes this.
  8. Dewdrop

Dewdrop Gold IL'ite

Only the Wildcard cooking round was telecast today. The results will be shown only tomorrow -- most obviously Pooja & Viji will be going through I think.
    The other 3 finalists are Sharmila & her mom, Balaji & Nithya, Lakshmi & her cousin Shobana.

1 person likes this.
  9. celia17

celia17 Silver IL'ite

I think they should have disqualified lakshmi for her lying about finger chips, She has lied one other time also. But instead of that, They selected her as the first candidate for finals...This leaves us questioning about the value of honesty!!
    They should not have done that!
    People with bad attitude and lwho lie to the judges get to win the title!!! I am not happy with this.

10. lathaviswa

lathaviswa IL Hall of Fame

Yes i second you Dewdrop.
    I like the way he takes the competition while talking with contestant or the way he deals with his job he gives lot of respect for his profession.

3 people like this.