1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Airtel Super Singer junior 3-kids are rocking!!

Discussion in 'TV' started by sujakalyan, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Anuka

Anuka Bronze IL'ite

Re: Airtel Super Singer junior 3-kids are rocking!

Thanks for coming out with this. Even I thought it was not that great of a performance but didn't dare say so because all of those music gods like Suda R, Nithyashree praised him like anything. Did anyone catch a mistake in the lyrics or am I the only one? "Senchotru kadan theerka seradha idam sernthu panchathil veelndhayada" - it should have been "vanchathil". I was tempeted to write it but didn't do so because of the extreme reaction of the judges.

2 people like this.
  2. Anuka

Anuka Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for coming out about Gautham's performance of "Ullathil Nalla Ullam". Even I thought it was not that great of a performance but didn't dare say so because all of those music gods like Suda R, Nithyashree praised him like anything. Did anyone catch a mistake in the lyrics or am I the only one? "Senchotru kadan theerka seradha idam sernthu panchathil veelndhayada" - it should have been "vanchathil". I was tempeted to write it but didn't do so because of the extreme reaction of the judges.

3. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

I didn't like Pragathi's second performance during the finals. She sounded horrible, more horribler was her accent; she sang a western style one. Is hers a search for Chella kural?

4. Anuka

Anuka Bronze IL'ite

Even the first one was not one of her best. VTV prolonged the show too much that the kids got tired and ran out of songs as well.

5. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

I think the kids were asked to sing a Rahman song and she took a song that was in complete contrast of the first, very classical number. "Mayya Mayya" -- is a western/Arabian type song!

And I think it's very unfair to fault her accent. I think her Tamizh diction was great in spite of having grown up out side of India. Our own Indian kids brought up a little north of Tamil Nadu have problems speaking proper Tamil, let alone the put on Palakkad accent!!

1 person likes this.
  6. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

Dear Peartree,

Loved yours and all other ILites' participation in this thread. Would like to thank Sujakalyan for starting this thread. You are so adorable, Peartree.

The bottom line is I thoroughly enjoyed the show. Realised that I was quite mean to point out the imperfections in kids. Their effort is itself worth applauding. To be honest, I've enjoyed the juniors' show more than the seniors. There is more potency in these kids, more to unravel and more to come. Good night!

7. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Very true. Probably for tv advertisements vtv prolonged the show. Those fellows were laughing all the way to the bank :)

8. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

sabarimathi, I had fun too, though we were arguing like anything! :) Even Pragathi or Aajidh would not have probably taken their loss/win so seriously :D

Adorable? Me? :bowdown Hope you're not being tongue-in-cheek :bonk But thanks :) It's been a while since anyone paid me a compliment like that!!

So let's wait for SS4 to start our arguments and provide our 2 cents all over again :D Until then, we can beat each other up here!!

9. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

10. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Yeah, I was almost certain that was tongue in cheek, but still had this sliver of doubt!! Be that as it may, I'll still accept the "compliment", simply because it's been a while since anyone called me adorable.

And, I don't quite understand the above post of yours. Who said anything about it not bring your favorite show? What is the context of the statement, can you explain, please?

And why do you want to blast Carnatic Music lovers? What do they have anything to do with the whole deal?

Adorable or not, I sure sound dim-witted now :)

1 person likes this.