Planning for Shirdi Darshan

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Vrindavipul, May 24, 2010.

1. Vrindavipul

Vrindavipul Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ils,

I am planning my vacationto India. I wanted to go for Baba darshan. I am requesting Baba to call me at his place. I am asking help from my IL family to guide me as I never been to that place.

Love

Vrinda

2. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

Dear Vrindavipul,
    For going to Shirdi, the nearest places which are major cities are - Mumbai (better) and Pune. They have frequesnt bus services to Shirdi. o can take these - I think from both places is takes approx 4/5 hours to Shirdi.

Teh Shirdi darshan que is quite llong duing teh summer vacations for could be tiring (say 4-7 hours) , but if you are lucky, you can have it in around 2 hours.

If short of time, they have something of "fast queue" system wher you can pay money for a fast-track ticket.

Also, there is the place that baba used to live (dont know what exactly s that place called) it is behind the temple ad ask anyone and they will tell you. Also a tree under whioch baba used to sit, which is now protected with grills and all. Alo a meuseum which keeps all the items and utensils that baba used to use.

However, if you think you cannot complete the jouney in one day i.e. go there, visit the place and come back on the same day (whic I would not recommend if you are travelling from mumbai or pune) you can take a room at the numberous hotels/inns (belive me, there are many may of them) freshen up when you arrive go to the temple cme back, stay for the night and travel back the same way.

There are frequent buses to Shirdi.

Hope that was helpful!
    Gayathri

1 person likes this.
  3. skchivukula

skchivukula Bronze IL'ite

Shirdi is at a distance of approx. 296 Km from Mumbai wherefrom one can take the state transport bus or private operated bus. Cabs are also available. Or else from Mumbai can take a train and get down at Manmad wherefrom one can take a bus or a cab according to one's convenience.
    Place to visit at Shirdi:
    Samadhi Mandir - the main temple where there is a big marble idol of Baba and in front of it is the Samadhi of Baba. If time permits attend atleast one Aarati (5:15 am - 5:45 am is Kaakad Aarti, 12 noon to 12:30 pmis Madhyaan Aarti, 6:00 pm - 6:30 pm is Dhup Aarti and 8:45 pm - 9:15 pm is Sej Aarti ). Not sure of the timing of Sej Aarti. One need to be in the queque atleast 30 minutes before time for Aarti. On entering, there is seperate queque for gents and ladies for Aarti. Then they are seated in the big hall ie Samadhi Mandir, forseeing Aarti
    Dwarakamayi is on the right side of the entrance of Samadhi Mandir. This is the masjid / place where Baba lived continuously for 60 years. In this place one can see the stone on which Baba used to sit, the chakki / grinding wheelthat was used by Baba for grinding wheat and Dhuni.
    Gurusthan is the place where the Samadh of Baba's Guru is located.
    Chavadi a place close to Samadhi Mandhir where Baba used to sleep in the night time very often.

And then the neem tree that is barricaded now. One takes Pradakshinas round the neem tree as Sai Baba first appeared in Shirdi under this neem tree.
    Other than this there is a small museum near the entrance where once can see the things used by Baba ie, his Kafni, tumrel, padukas, satka, chimta and the like. All these were used by Sai Baba

With Baba's Blessings

1 person likes this.
  4. Vrindavipul

Dear Gayathri47 and skchivukla

Many many thanks to both of you. The description given by you guys is so good......................it seems as I have visited the Shirdi. I will start my journey from Delhi and prefer train.

Lots of thanks once again.

Vrinda

5. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

Best of luck Vrinda! :thumbsup

6. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

OM SAIRAM

Dear VRINDA ji

You are not clear whether you want to visit SHIRDI SAI BABA or PUTTAPARTHI

However I am mentioning about travel to SHIRDI

Since you have mentioned you will travel from DELHI, u need not come to MUMBAI or PUNE if you would travel by train, you can take KARNATAKA EXPRESS 2628 from NEW DELHI (9.15pm ) and alight at KOPARGAOAN (4.45pm next day) just take an auto for 15 min drive to shirdi.

Once you reply that you are travelling to SHIRDI then i will post about accommodation, darshan and others

JAI SAIRAM :Bow

7. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    May Baba call you for darshan and bless you.
    The best way to go to Shirdi that I know is take a volvo(Shivneri) from Pune's Shivajinagar bus stand. If you are travelling from Mumbai to Pune get down at Shivaji nagar (a stop before main bus stand) and go to the bus stand. They have state transport ac volvo buses for Shirdi which is quite comfortable. Remember you won't get the buses to that route from Pune station. Manmad train from Mumbai is also an option but this train is little slow and you have to get down at some station and travel via local transport so better not to go for it. Cabs are also available from Mumbai and Pune. There are also private Volvo services available.
    Hope this helps.
    Regards and all the best,
    Vaidehi

8. Vrindavipul

Gayathri47, Saisakthi, mevaidehi

Thanks a lot. I am overwhelmed. I was confused earlier as that area is quite new for me. But now I think Baba is making my way to his place.

Dear Saisakthi I am planning for Shirdi Baba darshan

Vrinda

9. Saisakthi

OM SAIRAM

Vrinda ji

GREAT to know that BABA is calling you to SHIRDI, As you mentioned travelling from DELHI i have mentioned the TRAIN in my baove post, pls take down the details, If you plan to fly then FLY from DELHI to MUMBAI and take BUSES (VOLVO) from DADAR ST bus stand there is a bus for every two hours and reach SHIRDI in 5 hours.

Then comes the DAILY PROGRAMS AT SHIRDI

Daily Programs
    <CENTER><TABLE id=AutoNumber1 style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" borderColor=#111111 height=493 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480 border=0><TD vAlign=top align=left width=139 height=22>4:00 am
    <TD vAlign=top align=left width=338 height=22>Temple open
    <TD vAlign=top align=left width=139 height=22>4.15 am
    <TD vAlign=top align=left width=338 height=22> Bhupali
    <TD vAlign=top align=left width=139 height=17>4:30 am
    <TD vAlign=top align=left width=338 height=17>Kakad Aarti (morning)
    <TD vAlign=top align=left width=139 height=22>5:00 am
    <TD vAlign=top align=left width=338 height=22>Bhajan in Saibaba Mandir
    <TD vAlign=top align=left width=139 height=22>5.05 am
    <TD vAlign=top align=left width=338 height=22>Holy Bath of Shri Sai Baba (Mangal Snaan) in Samadhi Mandir
    <TD vAlign=top align=left width=139 height=16> 5:35 am<TD vAlign=top align=left width=338 height=16>Aarti "Shirdi Majhe Pandharpur"<TD vAlign=top align=left width=139 height=22>5:40 am
    <TD vAlign=top align=left width=338 height=22>Darshan begins in Samadhi Mandir
    <TD vAlign=top align=left width=139 height=22>9:00 am
    <TD vAlign=top align=left width=338 height=22>Abhishek Pooja
    <TD vAlign=top align=left width=139 height=22>8:00,10:30
    <TD vAlign=top align=left width=338 height=22>Satyanarayana Pooja
    <TD vAlign=top align=left width=139 height=22>11:30 am
    <TD vAlign=top align=left width=338 height=22>Dhuni Pooja with rice and ghee in Dwarkamai
    <TD vAlign=top align=left width=139 height=22>12:00
    <TD vAlign=top align=left width=338 height=22>Mid day Aarti
    <TD vAlign=top align=left width=139 height=16> 4:00 PM<TD vAlign=top align=left width=338 height=16>Pothi (Devotional reading/Study) in Samadhi Mandir<TD vAlign=top align=left width=139 height=22>At Sunset
    <TD vAlign=top align=left width=338 height=22> Dhoop Aarti
    <TD vAlign=top align=left width=139 height=29>8:30 - 10:00 PM
    <TD vAlign=top align=left width=338 height=29>Devotional Songs in Samadhi Mandir and other Cultural Programmes (if any)
    <TD vAlign=top align=left width=139 height=22>9:00 PM
    <TD vAlign=top align=left width=338 height=22>Chavadi and Gurusthan closes
    <TD vAlign=top align=left width=139 height=38>9:30 PM
    <TD vAlign=top align=left width=338 height=38>In Dwarkamai water is given to Baba, a mosquito net is hung and the hanging lamp is lit
    <TD vAlign=top align=left width=139 height=22>9:45 PM
    <TD vAlign=top align=left width=338 height=22>Dwarkamai (the upper part) closes
    <TD vAlign=top align=left width=139 height=54>10:30 PM
    <TD vAlign=top align=left width=338 height=54>Shej (night) Aarti, after this , a shawl is wrapped around the statue in the Samadhi Mandir, a Rudraksha mala is put around baba's neck, Mosquito net is hung, and a glass of water kept there
    <TD vAlign=top align=left width=139 height=22>11:15 PM
    <TD vAlign=top align=left width=338 height=22>Samadhi Mandir closes after night Arati
    <TD width=139 height=18>

</CENTER>​
    It is advisable that you atleast stay 2/3 days minimum for witnessing and having darshan comfortably.

to be contd....

MAY BABA BLESS YOU with his DARSHAN soon :Bow

10. Saisakthi

OM SAI RAM

Contd...

ACCOMMODATION

SAI NIWAS has VIP rooms charging a RENT of INR1000/- per day with AC and attached Bath and geyser fecilities and can accommodate about three people in a room and has regular free bus facilities to commute to temple in a 5 min drive.

FIVE STAR CATEGORY

HOTEL SUN N SAND - pls google for more details

Medium class hotels near the Temple

ESHOSHAN PALACE, HOTEL BHAGYALASKSHMI, GORDIA's etc.,

to be contd...