visit to thailand

Discussion in 'Travel' started by shilpivj, Feb 13, 2009.

1. shilpivj

shilpivj New IL'ite

hi

I will be visiting thailand for a few days in summer on my way to india from USA.

I have no idea which cities to visit where to stay which places to see as i will stay for 4 to 5 days.we do not want to spend a lot of money we are on moderate budget.

can any one guide me. your ideas and suggestions are highly appreciated.

thanks

shilpi

2. joshila

joshila Bronze IL'ite

hi shilpi...
    hmm.....thailand is one of my favorite destinations:banana:banana:banana.....Its another India....phew.!!! so many places to see. It finally comes down to ur taste & the time u can spend.Since u hv only 4-5 days , that too as u wld be travelling frm US, u may hv jet lag & also time loss. So my bet wld be u can spend time at Bangkok. It has lot of varities, u can choose & decide on places that u wld be interested.
    Bangkok Travel Guide - Bangkok Vacations - VirtualTourist.com
    chk this it wld give u real good tips.
    personally my favorite there are
    1. the chatuchak weekend market, if u r a shopoholic, ITS A MUST SEE PLACE. U might need one full day , u can shop like anything & like India u can bargain too. from food, to clothes, to accessories anything & everything would be there.
    2. floating market for which u'll hv to be there by 4am in the morning. we missed it when we went as its few kms away frm the city .
    3. the thailand palace is worth the visit. its a beautiful architecture. but always chk whether its open for the public b4 u plan. as sometimes its closed.
    4.wat pho, where u hv the world famous reclining buddha. its worth the ferry ride , thou may look dangerous becos of the rough waters still u'll love it .

i can go on & on & on.....heheh since I fell in love with the country. Hope this info helps u.

3. Neetu_kumar

Neetu_kumar Senior IL'ite

Sawadeekha Shilpi( greetings in Thai ),

Thailand is a beautiful country if you like it else itz zzzzzzzz . I have met ppl who fall into both categories though i'm one whoz loved my stay in Thailand. BUT one word that i'd mention....the climate.

With 4-5days on hand, you can check out the following places based on u'r choice-
    @ Wat Phra Kaew - 'Wat' is Temple .....temple of Emerald Buddha. I'm told itz the biggest emerald in the world (correct me if i'm wrong ). The same campus also houses the Grand Palace. As i mentioned earlier take note of the climate...itz terribly hot n humid.

@ Siam Niramit - Siam Niramit : Journey to the Enchanted Kingdom of Siam .

@ Floating Market (Damnoen Sadak) - About 110Kms from BKK. small canals are filled with flat boats piled daily needs, each jockeying for position and paddled by ladies.You'll need to bargain.Again, You need to be there early in the morn to see the real rush !

@ Wax Museum(Thai Human Imagery wax museum)- A miniature version of Madame Tussauds. You could ask your guide to stop at this place on your way back from Wax Museum.

@ Safari World - Boasts of featuring hundreds of animals from all over the world.

@ Pattaya - Small City about 180kms from BKK. You'll get plenty of buses from Eastern bus terminal...EKKAMAI Bus station. Places you can visit in Pattaya - Coral Island, Mini Siam , Nong Nooch Garden, Underwater world, Alcazar Show.

@ Shopping - Budget, will need bargaining :: Chatuchak weekend market , Indra Market , Pratunam market , plenty Night bazaars( one of them is suan luam close to Lumpini subway station ) , MBK shopping mall.
    Mediocre shopping malls :: Robinson , Big C , Tesco , Carrefour
    Higher end shopping malls :: Central World plaza close to Pratunam market , Emporium in Sukumvit , Siam Paragon close to MBK .

List is endless just that you need to have time , energy and ofcourse loads of baht :).

Enjoy your stay in Thailand. Hope the info was useful.

4. JodiPosie

JodiPosie New IL'ite

Would not recommend searching for some one on the net to travel with you to the hills, its not safe, You could get in to trouble. Its safe to travel, but inviting a stranger who u dont know is not safe. Why not just explore the hill on your own and make friend with people staying in the same hotel as you are, its safer that way.