Beautiful pictures of God's own country

Discussion in 'Travel' started by ramyanand, Aug 14, 2008.

1. ramyanand

ramyanand Gold IL'ite

Hi ilites
    Njoy watching all the pics of kerala

The name "Kerala" comes from two words: "Kera" + "Alam". ("Kera" means coconut (tree) and "Alam" means land or location). The State of Kerala was formed by the amalgamation of three regions: the Kingdom of Thiruvithamcoore (Travancore), the Kingdom of Kochi (Cochin), and the Province of Malabar.
    Thiruvithaamcoore and Kochi, former princely states, were merged to form Thiru-Kochi on July 1, 1949. Malabar was merged with Thiru-Kochi to form the State of Kerala on November 1, 1956, based on the recommendations of the State Reorganisation Commission set up by the Government of India.

Allepey
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bekal - Kasargod
    [​IMG]

Cannanore

[​IMG]
    Ponmudi - Trivandrum

[​IMG]

Veli lake - Trivandrum
    [​IMG]

Idukki
    [​IMG]

2. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Hi Ramyanand,

Beautiful photos. I have been to Allapuzha,Kollam and other nearby places. All the places are really scenic !!

Thanks for sharing with us.

3. ramyanand

ramyanand Gold IL'ite

Lucky uuuuuuuuu!!!!!Gowri...I really wish to visit these places in future..Ive heard that there are house boats in kumarakom and we can rent those boats..Have u experienced that??

4. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Ramyanand,

Yeah, that is true. We stayed very near the boat jetty of Allapuzha and we could witness many people staying in the house-boats, cooking and enjoying themselves.

I could go into one house-boat and enjoy staying for 10mins. That's it !! You can book in advance or go directly and do booking .(But, it will be around Rs. 4000 to Rs. 6000 per night ). A memorable trip, indeed !!

5. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

WOW Ramya...beautiful pictures !! Really wish I could jump into pictures right now...:)

Some places are much more beautiful than what we see here in US !

I've been to Guruvayur and Munnar in Kerala.

Never been to these places you've shown....wonderful indeed !

Thanks for sharing !

Cheers
    Krithika

6. ramyanand

ramyanand Gold IL'ite

Gowri
    Thanx for the info..i dont want to miss that during my trip to kerala..donno when its gonna happen though..

7. ramyanand

ramyanand Gold IL'ite

u are right krithika..These places are beautiful than even those in the US..I instantly fell in love with aleppey and veli lake pictures..Thats why i posted abt kerala here..i wanted to tempt u guys..Harhar
    Ive also been to munnar 6 yrs back..It was less crowded those days and its one of my favorite destinations in india..

Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  8. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi ramya,

Gr8 pics. I have been to kerala lot many times and almost visited all important vista points. Till my 10th std every annual holidays we will be touring south india so never missed kerala. Those days I used to nag my parents to settle down there for that climate and environment. Even now we plan a trip there but not as frequently as we did those days.Thanks a lot for sharing the pics.

9. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Ramya

A sight for sore eyes!

I have been to Trivandrum, Ernakulam, Guravayur and Kaladi when I was in school.I just fell in love with Kaladi. Te second picture looks like Kaladi.

I was just impressed by the verdant scenery. That itself could be a stress-buster.
    I sure would like to atleast spend 4 or 5 days visiting all the beautiful places in Kerala.

10. Chitra29

Chitra29 Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

hey Ramya,
    I've been living in God's own country[Trivandrum] for the past one year.
    i visited some of the places in south kerala. after seeing your snaps i would like to visit other places before moving out of kerala.
    chitra