You are already
a member and logged in!
Sure all of us would have made long trips by car and this applies to everyone irrespective of where we reside.
Even in India, when we go out for making temple trips, sightseeing trips to cover more than one place..we take the car- either we own them or rent them for the journey.
Especially when we hire a driver for the duration, we can enjoy our car ride and some pressure is reduced.
On the other hand, when we are living abroad, most of the time, we are behind the wheels for car driving since hiring a driver will be a costly affair !
But to make the long drive more safe and entertaining, we will need to carry some essential items.
Many of us will already have our
Car registration & Insurance information (with copies) in our car dash board.
Of course, if we are driving, the driving license is another vital stuff needed.
Let us brainstorm together and compile a list as to what are the most important things needed during our long drives by car...
Some things right off the top of my head are: Essentials
(1) As mentioned above - Car Registration documents, Car Insurance, Driving License
(2) Torch light with extra batteries
(3) Camera ( even one time use cameras are ok)
(5) Scribbling pad
(6) Atleast a box of paper tissues/wet wipes
(7) Cell phones fully charged
(8 ) First-aid kit ( with medicines included)
Now for the entertaining part
(9) Lots of CD's with our favorite songs- This makes the trip more peppy & groovy - sure not to the extent of getting distracted !
(10) If DVD player is installed, then good Dvd's for kids
(11) Portable game players like gameboy/nintendo ds for kids again
(12) Good books for reading ( although personally I feel it makes us dizzy when we read during car drive)
Food & Drinks...extremely essential...
(13) Definitely, we need to carry lots of water bottles & juices
(14) Picnic food neatly packed- the items that can withstand the long journey like idlis, chapathis, rice items etc. Or some may prefer to make stops for food..
But it is good to have atleast some snack items, incase we don't plan to stop for quite a while.
When we have babies/toddlers, we need to have food,drinks, wipes and change of diapers & dresses ready for them too. Some toys/diversions for them, in case they become restless or start crying.
(15) Plastic bags/trash bags/newspapers etc
(16) Have lots of change, in case we need to pay money for tolls.
IMPORTANT : Familiarise with/ Know the route or be well equipped with maps, GPS /other navigators etc. This is very essential.
We should also be prepared for delays due to traffic/accidents and start early to avoid these.
Have I missed out anything? Please contribute your ideas to this list...
What do you all carry when you go on long drives by car?