Best Sight Seeing Places/Theme Parks

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Jithiks, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi IL'ites,

With the onset of Spring and Summer holidays fast approaching, many of us will be making plans to visit places within US, Canada, Europe or going back home to India ( that is always wonderful to go visit our parents & friends). Others might bring their parents, inlaws or relatives abroad.

Whenever we plan to visit a place whether it be for just sight seeing or going for rides in theme parks, we decide what is going to be suitable for our family. This may depend on our kids & their age groups, older people, number of family members etc.

Still with careful planning and booking of car,flight and hotels...we manage to have a good time.

Many of you would have enjoyed many places and I would like all IL'ites to come forward with their suggestions of "BEST SIGHT SEEING PLACES & THEME PARKS" throughout the world! It can be anywhere ...because there will be certainly some places everyone will dream of going one day, or might have planned soon...maybe gathering information etc.

So if all of you can give an idea of the wonderful places you have visited and would like to recommend it to other IL'ites...please do so!

You can also give some tips, suggestions and ideas about deals, the best time of the year to visit and the kind of weather etc. Also any information about good lodging, restaurants nearby, etc will also be great to share.

So, I am really eager to hear from all of you the most memorable and enjoyable place you have been to...and which you can share with other IL'ites too!

Cheers
    Krithika

Admin Note: Read our travel feature

Top 5 Family Destinations across the World

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008

2. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    Please ladies..... pour in your feedbacks/suggestions... I need to do lots of prepartion this year to enjoy the summer which is only for 3 months in BOSTON.

Regards.

3. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hellooooooooo IL'ites,

Nobody willing to recommend any place within US or Canada ?

Come on ladies...suggest some places ...it can even be your own city or state..something that really stands out and attracts tourists.

Sure there would have been many places you might have visited during your stay here !

Cheers
    Krithika

4. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi Puni,

We had stayed in Boston for a very short time when we first came to US. Infact we stayed in Quincy ....it is quite close to Boston city...right?

It was during the FALL season and the weather was cool....but the place looked awesome with beautiful fall colors everywhere. Infact , I saw many people from other states visit ...and I heard that "Fall in Boston" is very popular.

We visited downtown Cambridge, Charles river and the park nearby.

In Boston, we visited the New England Aquarium, it was fantastic...especially the small penguins were so cute! My kids loved it...! We could not make it to the whale show because of the time constraint.

Also took pictures near the clock tower and the sights around it.

Puni, you can also share some of the attractions in and around Boston...you might have more info....!

Cheers
    Krithika

5. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

6. vidyasriram

vidyasriram Senior IL'ite

Hi,

If anybody has liking for nature yellowstone national park and Grand tetons is a very nice place to enjoy wildlife, water and nature.

Like beaches then there are some good beaches in Santa Barbara and around that place, nice to go around mendocino county.

like wine then Napa and Sonoma.

-Vidya

7. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Interesting...

hmm.. to think about it... I guess I have over grown my likings to these theme parks... I have gone to all the major/minor ones all over... Everytime someone visited us from India or our best friends from other parts of the world.. their first place to visit was.. can we go to florida. :crazy:crazy I eventually got fed up :hiya

Now, if someone says theme park.. I find some sort of excuse or try to change it to some other place :mrgreen:

Krithika ..

It depends on lots of things.. every ones vacation might depend on (1) the sort of people - kids, only adults.. if kids.. toddlers or grown up ones.. (2) budget... car or flight or cruise... and so one :)

so its kinda hard to tell which places :( may be you can give a place and budget and members can suggest what they visited in that place and how they budgeted the trip?

About theme parks..There are lots of them.... it depends on your budget... if you havent been to sixflags.. its worth it.. for the first time...Theres one in NJ..

8. puni88

Hi Vidya,
    Could you give details about the best season to visit these places????

Regards.

9. puni88

Hi Krithika,
    I have seen most of the things around Mass, NH etc.....
    And we can't go out for sight seeing during cold temp. also...

Regards.

10. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

I'm interested in taking up a Europe tour...may be next yr..

Anybody gone b4?How did you arrange?

(Sorry Krithika...slightly out of topic...)