Algonquin park in Canada

Discussion in 'Travel' started by haagesummane, Oct 7, 2012.

1. haagesummane

haagesummane Gold IL'ite

Im here again to share my experience, but this time in Algonquin park. Being a long weekend here in Canada (Monday is Off), myself and my colleague planned for a small day trip. A visit to Algonquin park was the most preferred one as it is fall season and we can see the fall colors in the form of yellow, green and red maple and other leaves. We booked our tickets in TempleAndTempleTours website 3 days before. They asked us to assemble at Yonge and Eglinton at 0800 hrs sharp. Atleast for me, it is a curse to wake up 6 am on Saturday and get ready..:(

The trip director Maria was very jovial and helped each one of us. Once we reached Toronto outskirts, it was an amazing experience. The fall effect on all trees were beautifully reflected. The park is almost 250 km from Toronto and takes 3 hrs to reach there.

Believe it or not, I had no idea how these 3 hrs were killed since i was totally busy in taking snaps of the colorful leaves. Once we reached there, we trekked for two hours along with photo shooting and helping the couples with their preferred way of getting themselves caught in picture.This trekking part was amazing. Once we reached the top part of uphill, it started raining and a cold wave also started to attack us. We had to safeguard our camera, mobiles from it and everybody were busy in clicking snaps randomly.

This trekking was followed by an hour long journey and then we were gearing ourselves for the boat rafting. Even here it was raining. But the excitement did not stopped us there. We went ahead in the rain and moved our boats. This was one of the best experiences ever I had in my life. The rafting was followed by lunch and coffee.

Now our bus moved to a museum where we clicked the snaps of some real looking dead animals and a top view of the whole park. The view was the best view which we could ever get. After few minutes, Maria marched us to the bus like school kids..!! By 8:30 in the evening, we reached Toronto. A tiredness worth for a day to have a wonderful sleep to wake up late on Sunday..!!!

If anybody is planning to visit, then please go before end of this week (13 Oct). The first two weeks of October are the best period to visit. After that, the leaves start to fall and will be left with only bare trees...!!

Below are the quick points which I would like to highlight

Ticket fare : CAD $79.
    travels name : Temple and Temple tours. Better to call them and confirm once booking is done online. There are chances of missing online booked names.

Things to carry: Umbrella (transparent one as it looks good in pics), trekking shoes, hand gloves to avoid the cold and a jacket to keep the body warm (weather changes quickly).

Food items : Better carry your food as T&T will provide only once we reach there. Also carrying water bottle or cold drinks is preferred.

Buses used by travel : I would rate it as excellent. Clean and neat. The bigger window glass helps us to take pictures without any problem.

Extra money to be carried: preferred in case u need any additional food items.

Camera : if u r using camera, then carrying an extra fully charged battery always helps. We cant find any plug point to charge our battery. A 16GB memory card was enough for me as i was recording videos. An extra memory card is not a bad idea in case of large number of photos.

So if you are in Canada at this period, it should be top on ur to do list...!!!!

Below are few pics which i have taken

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2012
    5 people like this.

2. haagesummane

haagesummane Gold IL'ite

Part 2 of pics...

Attached Files:

6 people like this.
  3. deepslikes

deepslikes Platinum IL'ite

Beautiful fall colors!

4. haagesummane

haagesummane Gold IL'ite

Deepslilesji, yes it is...I felt as if I'm in some fairyland....!!!!!

5. marulamuniya

marulamuniya Gold IL'ite

6. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hi Haagesummane:

That was a good narrate of your trip and the fall colours are wonderful! Thanks for sharing here.

Sindhu

7. haagesummane

haagesummane Gold IL'ite

Thank u sindhu ji..!!!!

8. acharyap

acharyap Bronze IL'ite

The squirrel pic is damn good. When I visited it was spring season. So couldn't witness Algonquin in all this glory. However saw the Quebec fall in Autumn & it was magnificent.

9. g3sudha

g3sudha IL Hall of Fame

very beautiful pics...

10. haagesummane

haagesummane Gold IL'ite

sudhaji,
    yes.. its mor beautiful when we witness it in real..!!