Aroma or Stink - which one do we really like?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by bhucat, Aug 28, 2012.

1. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Two weeks before we went for a family outing to Kodaikanal,Munnar and Theni, it was planned for a little break from our routine life. Weplanned for this trip in the month of August so that there will not be muchcrowd in these places, as the peak season is April – May.
    We first visited Kodaikanal, Theni and then to Munnar. ThereI could easily find out the difference of cleanliness in these places. Munnarfeels OK when compared to Kodiakanal and Theni. I would prefer give marks of 60percent to Munnar whereas Kodaikanal gets only 30 percent.
    Everywhere you can find the plastic covers, all left oversof snacks, biscuits cover, cooldrinks pet bottles etc everywhere. The mosthorrible place is the lake. Because of heavy fog we never allowed to go forboating in the lake, Thank God! It was horrible to see the lake side. All theplastics, junks, garbage, decomposed left over of foods etc are floating.
    We are literally polluting the environment; it seems thatthere is no government intervention at all. Why blaming government alone, peoplei.e., the travelers do not have any basic sense of making the environment cleanand tidy.
    But in contrary, Kerala has used its wealth in a proper way,in the streets of Munnar you can see tea selling outlets, spices sellingoutlets, ayurvedic spa etc.
    The nature has given us so much but we are neglecting it touse in a proper manner. If we come down just half a kilometer from Munnar toTamilnadu, the village we cross is Bodinayakanur (under Tamilnadu govt) wherewe can see the differences. The plantation itself has stopped from that areaand the environment is totally wasted.
    We cannot totally blame our Government for this kind ofnature’s spoil. We have to think twice when we do something wrong for nature,then only we can save at least the remaining portion of nature’s beauty.

4 people like this.

2. cinderella06

cinderella06 Platinum IL'ite

3. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Cindrella for your comment, the only solution for this problem is in the hands of tourists. We should protect atleast the remaining nature's gift.

4. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Kerala has adequate rains, so green cover is perennial and TN lies on the other side of the hills. So it is really tough to get the same green cover.

Needless to mention, wherever there are tourists, there will be commercialization and the resultant pollution.

5. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Excuse me madam, Bodi is placed not even half a kilometer from Kerela, there also you can get enough rain and good climate, so these are all not accepted.

Also for all the fashionable things we are following foreign countries then why not cleanliness?
    "Needless to mention, wherever there are tourists, there will be commercialization and the resultant pollution." these attitude shows that people are not willing to change themselves to good environment.

6. cinderella06

cinderella06 Platinum IL'ite

Not only the tourist bhucat.. even people make their living city worse by throwing the household trash in open space instead of the trashcan.. which supposed to be used for the purpose..

7. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Bodi is located in the leeway side of the Western Ghats. So when compared to the Kerala side, it receives less precipitation. See map for illustration.

Kerala is blessed with favourable rains because of this Western Ghats shielding the rains, so you don't need to work hard to bring up green cover there. These are just facts.

"these attitude shows that people are not willing to change themselves to good environment"

This has got nothing to do with attitude. It is environmentally not viable to manage large number of tourists who visit any spot. Even Bangalore used to be a tourist spot few decades back, increase of human activity and settlement had snatched away this credential.

8. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

"It is environmentally not viable to manage large number of tourists who visit any spot" - i am talking about the large number of tourist only, they should behave properly by throwing the wastages in the appropriate place so that atleast the remaining nature will not get spoiled.
    I am a pure tamilian and there is no point in defending our mistakes. People should act responsible when they are touring.
    Excuse me - i am taking about the Bodi (hills) which is very next to the kerela border. It also know as "The South Kashmir". The City of Bodinayakanur is beautifully located in the foot hills of Western Ghats, Tamilnadu. (See google search and find out) I have seen directly the wastes and the plastic items floating everywhere. When compared to other places which i mentioned this place is spoiled much. I have eye witnessed it. Just visit there and find out the differences now.

"Even Bangalore used to be a tourist spot few decades back, increase of human activity and settlement had snatched away this credential." - everyone agrees this, but the main criteria which i am talking about here is the human's nature of behaviour when compared to cleanliness. Try to understand that first !

9. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Good post Bhucat dear, Ilike aroma compared to stink

1 person likes this.
  10. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Nice post Bhucat. I love Kodai and have been there several times. We feel that this hill-station has still retained some of its old world charm. But also, every time we go there, it is more crowded and more litter everywhere.

India is a vast and beautiful country. It has so much to offer in terms of tourism. If these beautiful spots are well-maintained then we can continue to boast of all this treasure. It is true, tourists play a major role in maintaining these spots. This will only keep the place lovelier and always wanting to visit.

1 person likes this.