Non-stop flight to India - help!!!!

Discussion in 'Travel' started by zipzipzoomzoom, Aug 19, 2012.

1. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

HELP HELP HELP

I am trying to find non-stop flights to India through any airline except Air India (these were the firm instructions I was given).

Please, someone, tell me

1. Have you ever taking a non-stop flight from US to India? What airline? From what City in USA to what city in India

2. How to find non-stop flight

3. Also, the person doesn't know how long they will be in India. How to get an "open return ticket". I mean, what are these anyway?

HELP!!!!!!!

2. gymfreak4utakenover

gymfreak4utakenover Silver IL'ite

Hey I dont think there is a non stop flight... There will be atleast one stop for fueling purposes, where you should exit the flight and get back into the same flight. JFK-Brussels-Chennai... Jet airways! But I hear this service is going to be stopped soon... please verify the same..

about the open return ticket, am not sure, maybe you can contact a travel agent here in the US for an idea...

Hope this helps..

Cheers!

1 person likes this.
  3. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

depends on where you are and where you are going - i don't know much but i have flown from Newark to Bombay non stop - Continental - 16 hours flat

4. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I have taken nonstop to Hong Kong from Newark and frankly I would not take a nonstop again. It was horrible. If the person is older you might not encourage nonstop as swelling and other problems will be worse.

1 person likes this.
  5. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

OP,There is a non stop from Newark to Mumbai. Its Air India. Although, It feels convenient the airline sadly isnt. The seats are for kids size and not to mention bad everything else.You can try Qatar Airways .Its one of the best airlines , I have seen so far. (Not non stop).Good Luck.

1 person likes this.
  6. tashidelek2002

Chocolate:
    I just had biz class tickets on Qatar to India last month but connecting flight to NYC had plane break and I had to change (eventually cancel) my tickets. CUSTOMER SERVICE IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS IS HORRID AND ALMOST NONEXISTENT. I will never ever travel on Qatar. They use bait and switch marketing, their "customer service" seems to be the worst type of person from the worst burrough of NYC. The customer service was so rude I couldn't believe. I ended up on Finnair which was quite good. When I tried to reschedule on Qatar they offered me a new seat for an additional $6000. Wait list seat was also an additional $6000. My blood is still boiling at the memory of my treatment with Qatar. They are dogs.

7. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

I am sorry for your experience with Qatar Airways. I dont book directly from them,so I dont have such experience. I will advice going thru a good travel agent. They know to work thru kinks and troubles.Do post if you find any airline good. I hate Air India, Lufthansa and Air France. When booking for tickets it will help if IL's review airlines and post it.

8. tashidelek2002

Well, I hate SwissAir with whom I had a hellish trip years ago.

I have not had trouble with Air India (seems Indians all hate it.....) and have had good flights with Jet. As to any of the USA airlines, they are changing so much I have no idea how good any are anymore. Continental I avoided like the plague but they are gone now.

Friend of mine said to avoid AirItalia. Another friend spent days stranded in Moscow (not from weather) with Aeroflot.

1 person likes this.
  9. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

Man, now I am frightened, yet I look forward to the trip to India with eagerness, hope, and anticipation

The person older than me is insistent on non-stop flight and will take walking breaks every now and then (for leg circulation)

Why are people so rude? It never helps to be rude. Even if people are rude to you, you should do your best to keep your composure and pray to God for help. And these people are Customer Service, they should be doing their jobs!!!

10. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

I travelled in Qatar, Emirates, Air-India before, With Air-India non stop I dont have much complaints, actually layover time is less and also flight timings are convenient at JFK and HYD(dont know other airports)

I dont know why much of Indians dont like to travel in Air-India.. travel is long in any airlines, which we have to accept, but we should look for less layover time and convenient departure and arrival times.

SK.