Places to visit at Mangalore.

Discussion in 'Travel' started by ashwanth, Jan 29, 2012.

1. ashwanth

ashwanth Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    We are planning to go to Mangalore for this vacation(April '12):). Friends please suggest me the places to visit at Mangalore:help:help. Our plan is for 4 days. We start by train from Chennai.. We wish to go Kukke and Murudheswarar Temple. What are the other places to visit, Hotels and other details:confused2: Or please give me complete Tour Plan..
    Thanks in advance.
    Divya..

2. ali

ali Bronze IL'ite

we visited udipi sri krishna temple, moogambika, murudeswar, shrigery. very nice trip. we enjoyed a lot.

3. ashwanth

ashwanth Gold IL'ite

Thanks ali.. Mangalore is very nice tourist place. i wil add these places to my list..

4. Sowmyaraghu

Sowmyaraghu Gold IL'ite

Hi you can also visit Sringeri, Horanadu, Darmastala, Main and u can enjoy in Sringeri. It is a very nice and calm place to visit. near Sringeri you can go to Sirimane Falls, Hariharapura and sooooo onnnnnnn............. In Dharmastala what ever pray definetly it ll cm true.

and mailnly first from Mangalore to from their you can visit Madicari. It is a Honeymoon place. Plenty of places are their around Madicari. Like., Bile Kuppe (Tibetian Street), Nisarga Dhama, Dubare Forest (Elephant Camp, Safari, River Rafting), Chikle Hole Dam, Abbi Falls, Bhagamandala, Talakaveri (River Cauveri Birth Place), Omkareshwara Temple, Raja Seat.

After Madicari you can visit Kukke Subramanya. It is 50km from Madicari. Nice way you can enjoy the drive. On the way u ll get a small shop thr u ll get Pure Honey, Grape Wine (Home Made) many more......

Then you can plan From Kukke to Dharmastala it is 56kms from Kukke

Then you can go to Sringeri 100 kms from Dharmastala. While travelling to Sringeri You ll cross Charmudighat. Beautiful pitcher square.

Then Sringeri to Horanadu 75km.

You can enjoy the trip if you plan like this. If you want i can give you the contact details of Lodges

2 people like this.
  5. ashwanth

ashwanth Gold IL'ite

hi sowmya,
    Thank u very much for ur beautiful and informative reply.. It will be very helpful for our trip... if u have contact details, send to me..
    My friend told me it will b very enjoyable if we go to mangalore from bangalore by train.. lots of tunnels, bridges and natural scenaries are thr to enjoy.. now we r planning to touch bangalore(1 day).. if so, what r the important places to visit in bangalore(only one day), Lodge nearby to railway station..

Thanks in advance..

6. Sowmyaraghu

Sowmyaraghu Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    Sorry for late response

In Bangalore also u have many places to visit, like Dodda Ganapathy (Basavana Gudi), Iskon Temple, Planetorium, Vishveshwariah Musium, Wonder La amusment Park (but for this one full day means, 10am to 6pm is required). See in bangalore if you contact KSTDC thy will arrange for one day trip (with in Bangalore), Bangalore sight seeing for half day is also thr, thy ll arrange a nice KSTDC bus and take you arround. thy ll stop in a nice hotel where u can have bf, lunch. and also thy do provide 2, 3, 5, 10 days trips to Mangalore, Sringeri and all other places which i told in previous post. the contact number of KSTDC is 080 22275883, 2222400.

if u can which places lodge contact number u want i can give u

1 person likes this.
  7. ashwanth

ashwanth Gold IL'ite

Hi sowmya,
    Thankkkkkkkk youuuuuuuu very much for your beautiful information. It will be very helpful for us to enjoy our trip. It is very interesting that KSTDC is arranging trips to Mangalore and surrounding places. Great information by you and we plan according to that. If possible give me the contact details of lodges at Bangalore.
    Thanks a lot...:)

8. Sowmyaraghu

Sowmyaraghu Gold IL'ite

Hello ashwanth

thanks for ur reply. Hotels in Bangalore which is near to railway station are,
    Hotel Sukh Sagar - 08022202255/9
    Hotel Vijaya Residency - 080 22203025/4
    Hotel Kamat Yatri Nivas - 080 22260088/ 22281069
    these are the reasonable hotels if u want i can give u star hotel numbers also.

These hotels are in Gandhi nagar area thr are plenty of other Lodges in same lane.
    Hy hv u contacted KSTDC u got the correct information?

9. ashwanth

ashwanth Gold IL'ite

Thank You Sowmya for your reply and for the phone numbers. This contact details about hotels is enough.

No Sowmya. Yet to contact KSTDC.. I will ask you if i need something more.

Again thank you very much your information.

10. celltech

celltech New IL'ite

Dont forget to visit Kukke subramanya