Need info on VIZAG and ARAKU Trip

Discussion in 'Travel' started by DiwyaSiri, Sep 12, 2011.

1. DiwyaSiri

DiwyaSiri Bronze IL'ite

Dear all,

we are staying in hyd and planned to go vizag and araku. We are planning to go by train upto vizag. and thought to take APTDC package from vizag to araku. Please let me know will it(Package) good???

I think many of our forum members already visited araku. Can you share the best travelling facility. We (couple) want to visit araku and vizag also for 2 or 3 days. We are new to both the places.

Please share the near by places and guide details...

Thanks in advance

2. DiwyaSiri

DiwyaSiri Bronze IL'ite

3. lovelyheart17

lovelyheart17 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Diwyasri,

Sorry for late reply.by this time you might have visited Araku. If not here iam giving you the details of my Trip.

Ours is an unplanned trip where we have no much time so we confined our trip only to araku.

We( Me and My husband) started from nellore.We booked a volvo bus till vizag. Before we start i googled and arranged a cab for whole araku trip from vizag.We reached Vizag at 10 Am and started travelling towards araku.That was an amazing journey through a deep forest between hills.Though the distance was around 180 kms from vizag it will take 5-6 Hrs to reach as its ghat road.

But people says that its a wonderful experince to go by train which starts at 7am from vizag as we know that we cant reach vizag by that we didnt opt for that. We have buses both APTDC and APSRTC.

Accomadatin: we have 2 AP tourism guest houses on the way to araku which are ECO friendly.one is TYDA and other is ANANTHAGIRI.But there will be no signals for mobiles and if any emergency u need to travel 2hrs either to reach araku or vizag. we have taken a room in AP tourism guest house.To mention that was amazing with all ammenities restaurant ,swimming pool, Dhimsa shows and all.Room are neat , tidy and well maintained. Prices vary from Season in the month of june for us AC suite cost 2500/- per day .There are many other hotels and resorts where we get accomadtion in lesser cost even.

places to visit : There are not many places to visit other than chaprai water falls , padmapuram garden , borra caves and tribal meuseum. But that is the best place who loves long drive so that you can see lot of secenary all the ways.U can see coffee gardens on the way to ARAKU

Precautions : Thats preferred to carry woolen clothes.
    Need to carry basic medicines.
    VERY IMPORTANT ****Dont travel by road while returning to vizag..as its a deep ghat road we suffer from vomitings lot**********

Hope this will help u...pls write me if you want to know anything else