A trip to Grand Canyon (pics attached)

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Rakhii, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Well, I was looking at a few pictures and came across the pictures we had taken when we went to Vegas 2 years ago. I thought you would want to have a look at them. Oh, had the time of my life! What a city it was! But capturing entire Vegas trip isnt going to be possible in 1 post. So, I will start with the Grand Canyon pictures first. Click on the picture to view the actual size.

The second day after we reached Vegas, we went to Grand Canyon. Breathtaking, majestic, awesome, nerve wrecking can be a few words to explain this beauty.
    [​IMG]

The Grand Canyon is a steep-sided canyon carved by the Colorado River in the United States in the state of Arizona. The Grand Canyon is 277 miles (446 km) long, up to 18 miles (29 km) wide and attains a depth of over a mile (1.83 km) (6000 feet).
    [​IMG]

There were a few creeks and also many places where we can go rafting and hiking (guided of course). Unfortunately we couldn't do either because we had to head back to Vegas by the night. We were also warned to have plenty of water to keep hydrated.
    [​IMG]

The view was great and I was completely in awe of every little nook and corner.
    [​IMG]

We have gone through the Northern Rim and returned through the southern rim. The sunset was absolutely amazing. Oh ya! we spotted plenty of deers, but could not take a good picture...here is one crossing the road(see left side of the road
    [​IMG]

Below is the picture taken when we were passing through Kaibab National Forest (on our way back to Vegas). The roads and the sun set was amazing but as it got dark, it felt a bit eerie.
    [​IMG]

Watch for my next post...its going to be coming soon. I promise!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
    1 person likes this.

2. sweety17

sweety17 Gold IL'ite

Wow nice pics Rakhii, please post the remaining soon....

thanks for sharing :thumbsup

3. lakshmit

lakshmit Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    By the way we have booked tickets and we are going to grand canyon on april 20th. I hope i'm going to enjoy like u.Lets see..

lakshmi.

4. lathaviswa

lathaviswa IL Hall of Fame

Lovely pic.Waiting to see the rest.......

5. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hai

Iam SPEECHLESS

thank you for sharing

6. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

7. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

WOW great pictures!!!