Fav Holiday Destinations in Karnataka

Discussion in 'Travel' started by kshema, Dec 30, 2010.

1. kshema

kshema Bronze IL'ite

Which is the most beautiful and memorable place in karnataka must visit atleast once.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2011

2. lex123

lex123 New IL'ite

Belur, Halebid, and Shravanabelagola - All these 3 places are very famous tourist spots in Karnataka, and you can finish them in one day. Karnataka Govt tourist buses are also there. I have visited these places in such a tourist bus and really enjoyed it.

Hampi is another great tourist destination, which is famous for Vijayanagar empire.

We went to Mookambika temple from there we took a taxi and went to Murudeshwara temple and beach, and also Udupi Srikrishna temple and Malpe Beach.

Mysore and Coorg are also great places to visit.

3. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    In Karnataka there are so many places... it depends for what reason you are planning tour like pilgrimage, stress buster holiday... sight seeing.....

For Pilgrimage you can head to Horanadu, Dharmasthala, Udupi, Kolluru n so on...

For sight seeing.. you can head to Mysore... Hampi for its famous ruins...Bijapur for Gol Gumbaz worlds second largest dome... Belur Halebidu... Pattada Kal...

For Stress Buster Coorg, Mysore, Shimoga etc

4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I think it depends on how you want the vacation to be. I mean, if you want to go to tourist places, there are places like Mysore etc. But if you are looking for some quite time, then there is a small resort called Sunshine village near Mysore (120km from Bangalore). I went there for the weekend and had a good time relaxing, fishing, reading a book and dancing by the bonfire.

5. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi All,
    Has anyone you been to Shivasamudra waterfalls? It is 130kms from Bangalore. Please let me know, am planning one with my family.

6. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

Nothing to beat Mysore -It is my fav vacation spot for childhood days.

7. Rakhii

Yeah! I have been there. Read my post above where I was talking about Georgia Sunshine Village resort. We went there for a long weekend and on Saturday early morning the guide (provided at no extra cost) took us trekking from the resort to the Shivasamudra water falls! It took us about 1.5 to 2 hours by foot.

Apart from being a great trekking experience, the falls were majestic. I am sure your entire family would enjoy this.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  8. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Rakhi,
    Thanks for the post, but I heard the falss will be dried up in April, is that so?

9. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Hi Amihere,

Even i have been to shivanasamudra falls couple of times. During April there will be no much water. u can visit now ie before peak summer. Its a nice place for a day's trip .:)

10. Rakhii

I have been there for winter dear, so not 100% sure about summer. But I woud assume there would not be much of water.