Munnar-Theakady (or) Munnar-Theakady-Kumarakom (or)Munnar-Theakady-Cherai beach

Discussion in 'Travel' started by swaran, Dec 29, 2010.

1. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi All,

I need all your valuable suggestions to plan my munnar trip...I actually have a lot of doubts and confusions ,hence i am going to post all my doubts and so please try to clear them...

so here i go....

me and DH have planned to take a trip to munnar in the month of jan 2011...so we have booked train tickets...we would reach cochin on 27th morning around 10 AM...on 30th we have a train at ernakulam at 5 PM..no cabs or accomodation bookings are done till now...so seriously looking for some planning tips here

Initially we had thought we would spend our trip only in munnar...now since we have a 4 day trip,am planning for some more places....

so whats running on my mind now........

(1) which option would be better
    MUNNAR ALONE....MUNNAR and THEAKADY.....MUNNAR and KUMARAKOM/ALAPUZHA
    (2) Would it be better to book cab and hotel seperately or go through some holiday package...i know going through packages would save our time,but i dont see special holiday packages...basically the holiday packages cover much less tourist spots and prices are quite high....i dont want to spend much basically i would like to pay max 10-12 k for accomodation and travel package...in both cases,can you please suggest some contact number of site to make booking
    (3)What are the places i could visit...or must see places in munnar ,theakady and kumarakom..basically are there are lot of spots to be seen???
    (4) will it be possible to just visit one or 2 spots in cochin before we leave on 30th to bangalore?...i know its too much but still
    (5)if kumarakom/Alapuzha,what would be the boat house charges?...approx??...would it be good to combine or make a seperate holiday for this alone...

what i feel is better right now is munnar(1st day afternoon-2nd day eve) - theakady(3rd day) - cherai beach(4th day)...then to cochin railway station....is there any better option???...is it advisable to take a local bus to theakady from munnar...????

i seriously dont want to go there and then book cabs and hotels as i had already had bad experience earlier..

I know i am asking too much but Please please please give me some suggestions,tips or a planner how i can make this holiday a good one...

Thanks in Advance

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010

2. snehithi

snehithi New IL'ite

Re: Munnar & Theakady (or) Munnar & Kumarakom (or) Just Munnar

Hi swaran,

There are not much tourist spots in munnar...The lovely landscape, the teagardens and the pleasant weather make it a picture perfect destination....Places to visit in Munnar:Mattupetti Dam\Echo Point\Anamudi peak\Rajamalai National Park\Top Station

Cochin to Munnar is around 130 kms.

Cochin to Alapuzha is around 60 kms..Day cruises are available in boats in alapuzha and the timings, i think,is from 11 a.m to 5 p.m..
    For stay in house boats, the check-in time is by 12.30 p.m and check-out time is by 9.30 a.m. and approx. charges for an a/c houseboat for a day will be Rs.6500/-

Hope the info helps for ur trip planning...

3. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Re: Munnar & Theakady (or) Munnar & Kumarakom (or) Just Munnar

Hi snehiti...thanks for your first feedback
    but any suggestions you could give regarding which route to cover whether
    Munnar-Theakady (or) Munnar-Theakady-Kumarakom (or)Munnar-Theakady-Cherai beach

4. kshema

kshema Bronze IL'ite

Duration : 03 Nights/ 04 Days
    Destination : Munnar - Thekkady
    No. Of Nights: 02 Nts. Munnar + 01 Nt. Thekkady
    Package cost Per Couple
    <TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=center bgColor=#000000 border=0><TH class=td-txt width="18%" bgColor=#ffe6f1>Destination</TH><TH class=td-txt width="18%" bgColor=#ffe6f1>Economy </TH><TH class=td-txt width="23%" bgColor=#ffe6f1>Standard</TH><TH class=td-txt width="22%" bgColor=#ffe6f1>Deluxe</TH><TH class=td-txt width="19%" bgColor=#ffe6f1>Premium</TH><TD class=td-txt bgColor=#ffffff>Munnar<TD class=td-txt bgColor=#ffffff>Le Celestium (CP) (Standard)<TD class=td-txt bgColor=#ffffff>Edassery Eastend
    (CP) (Super Dlx)<TD class=td-txt bgColor=#ffffff>Tea Valley Resort
    (CP) (Executive)<TD class=td-txt bgColor=#ffffff>Club Mahindra
    (CP) (Superior)<TD class=td-txt bgColor=#ffffff>Thekkady <TD class=td-txt bgColor=#ffffff>Sandra Palace
    (CP)
    (Deluxe )<TD class=td-txt bgColor=#ffffff>Treetop (CP)
    (Deluxe Room)<TD class=td-txt bgColor=#ffffff>Cardamom
    County(CP)
    (Periyar County)<TD class=td-txt bgColor=#ffffff>Spice Village (AP)
    (Standard Villa)<TD class=td-txt bgColor=#ffffff>01st April to
    30th Sep. 2010
    <TD class=td-txt bgColor=#ffffff>Rs. 12,550/-<TD class=td-txt bgColor=#ffffff>Rs. 15,300/-<TD class=td-txt bgColor=#ffffff>Rs. 19,200/-<TD class=td-txt bgColor=#ffffff>Rs. 42,100/-<TD class=td-txt bgColor=#ffffff>01st Oct to
    30th Mar. 2011
    <TD class=td-txt bgColor=#ffffff>Rs. 13,300/-<TD class=td-txt bgColor=#ffffff>Rs. 17,200/-<TD class=td-txt bgColor=#ffffff>Rs. 22,000<TD class=td-txt bgColor=#ffffff>Rs. 39,700Meal Plan: CP= Breakfast only, MAP= Breakfast & Dinner only, AP= Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner only

EXCLUSIVE OFFER

• Flower Bouquet on arrival.
    • Honeymoon Cake.
    Day 01: Kochi – Munnar (158 kms. – 04 hrs.)[​IMG]
    Upon arrival our representative will greet you at Kochi Airport/Railway Station for Honeymoon in Kerala. Later proceed to Munnar, the place where the unfolded green carpet is eagerly waiting for you. Munnar is breathtakingly beautiful, a haven of peace and tranquility - the idyllic tourist destination in God's own country. Munnar is the gateway of Hills in South India. On the way you can also watch the admirable waterfalls in Cheeyappara and colourful flowers in Blossom Garden. Reach & check-in at the hotel and relax for a while amidst the comforts of your room. Explore the rest of the day along with the nature.
    Overnight stay at the Hotel/Resort.

Day 02: Munnar[​IMG]
    After the breakfast proceed for a morning sightseeing trip of Munnar; visiting the Eravikulam National Park where you can see the very rare mountain goats natively called the Nilgiri Tahr. Visit Mattupetty Dam which offers many alluring sights to relish. The Shola forests around Mattupetty are ideal for trekking and bird watching with the variety of birds found there. Kundala is a picturesque town located at the confluence of three mountain streams namely Mudrapuzha, Nallathanni and Kundala. Enroute visit Echo Point, View Point & green carpet of Tea Gardens.

Day 03 : Munnar –Thekkady (110kms. – 03 hrs.)[​IMG]
    After the breakfast proceed to the most adorable feature of Thekkady i.e. Periyar Wild life Sanctuary. The place where one can go for a Wildlife cruise to view a large variety of wildlife like Wild Elephants, Nilgiri Langur, Sambar Deer, Wild Bison, Wild Boar etc, and quite a lot of unique birds can also be spotted. You can recreate yourself by having some Optional activities like spice plantation Tour, Bamboo Rafting, Trekking and Elephant ride.

Day 04 : Thekkady – Kochi (195 kms. – 06 hrs.)
    After the breakfast pack your baggages with a promise to return once again to this paradise.... Proceed on time to board your flight/train with sweet memories of your holidays. We await for your next visit ... Bon Voyage. Service ends.

Please Note :
    • At Munnar & Thekkady, A/c rooms are not provided/required except wherever mentioned.
    Package Cost Includes :
    • Accommodation in well appointed room mentioned in the above hotel or similar category on Double sharing basis.
    • Daily Buffet / Fixed Menu meals as per plan.
    • A/c Indica for all surface transfers & sightseeing for the above mentioned places.
    • All applicable hotel taxes.
    Package Cost Excludes :
    • Any meals other than those mentioned above.
    • Any Airfare / Train fare.
    • Any transportation which is not mentioned in the itinerary (Rs 8.00 per km will be charged for additional use of A/c Indica).
    • Entrance fees to Amusement parks & Boating charges.
    • Any portage at airports and hotels, tips, insurance, wine, mineral water, telephone charges, and all items of personal nature.
    • Any services not specifically mentioned in the inclusions.
    • Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.
    • Service tax extra @ 2.58% of the total bill amount.
    Note :
    • In case of non-availability of rooms at the hotels mentioned, we shall provide you alternate hotels of similar category.
    • At Hotel Check-in time is 14.00 hrs & / Check-out time 12.00 Noon.
    • At Houseboat Check-in time is 12.00 hrs. & Check-out time is 09.00 hrs.
    • In A/C Deluxe category Houseboat, A/C will be operational from 9:00 P.M. to 6:00 A.M.
    • In A/C Premium category Houseboat, A/C will be operational as per your requirements.
    • The above rates are valid for the mentioned period only.
    • There will be a hike of 20% between 15 December 2010 to 15th January 2011 on all packages.
    • There will be a hike of 10% between 01 February 2011 – 28 February 2011 (only for premium category).
    • Xmas and New Year supplement charges would be charged additional on actuals.
    For Assistance Call : +91 - 9560398002 / 9958433030

Honeymoon in Kerala, Honeymoon to Kerala, Honeymoon Package Kerala

5. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Kshema...thanks a ton for your information....

Have you used this package before...because i saw a lot of packages in the internet but dint know which one to believe ...

6. kshema

kshema Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    One of my friend visited munnar by package last 3-4 months back.
    Call to that helpline and take details from them.

7. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

hi..thanks i would call them for details...meanwhile,can you please ask your friend about the feedback..i mean what package they used,how much did she pay?....how was the service etc etc...a llittle elaborate info would help me a lot...i know i am asking more but can you please please....

8. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

my friend recently had used the service of keralahoneymoonholidays com and said that the service was fine...
    any of you have used the same?? and feedbacks regarding the same ...

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  9. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

is it advisable to take a package or book hotels and cabs seperately...
    which would be cheaper?...
    in case of booking hotels and cabs..which one would be better..i mean which hotel and cab sevrvice?...
    can we make the booking online...

please advise on this

10. iniyamalar

iniyamalar Gold IL'ite

Dear Swaran.

I think already your thread is swarming with wonderful information.I don't think I can top up all that.
    We went as a huge group(40-50)ppl with our lions club members. We only went to munnar.Munnar is less a sight seeing place and more of a leisure spot. we went there for a four days trip and spent the whole time in the huge resort walking, playing, hanging out, drinking tea,camp fire and playing card games stuff like that.

The package was also different. We went by car through kovai to munnar (through the forest, a fantastic drive - most of the photos i took in there) and came back via theni, madurai.from madurai we took train to chennai.
    So i think i will be very less likely to be helpful to you.
    sorry dear.