Second Wedding Anniversary Trip to Wayanadu

Discussion in 'Travel' started by ashakarthik, Dec 1, 2010.

1. ashakarthik

ashakarthik Silver IL'ite

Hi IL:thumbsup,

Am going to share my experience of celebrating our 2 wedding anniversary in wayanadu which is in kerala.I ll also mention the cost also so it will be useful for you to plan.Trip goes like this:
    For our honeymoon we went to Coorg and stayed in Club Mahindra resort which took around thirty five thousand for three days.So this time we planned for a budget tour which will cost a lesser amount.We planned for Wayanadu after great discussion and lot of research in internet.
    Lot of people told us that it is not a safe place to go for couple and u have to go in groups.But the trip proved them all wrong.It was an exotic trip.
    First and foremost step is book a nice resort in wayanadu well in advance:first choice will be vythri(tough we dint get in that resort.It was full at that time).So we stayed in Banasura Resort.
    Specialty of this resort is it is completely Eco friendly and made of Clay instead of bricks.U can very well try this resort but a bit far from the center of wayandu.
    Cost-thirteen to fourteen thousand for earthen rooms.2nights and three days.
    including one day trip to banasura dam and visit to plantation inside the resort+ three times food and snacks.For further details you can google
    We started from here on thirty first night:chennai to calicut-ticket cost was-thousand four hundred(for 2 persons)
    once we reached resort cab came to pick us.You can also go y bus if you want.Since we dunno language also we thought we can take cab from resort.
    Cab from resort is :thousand eight hundred(for pick up alone)
    Food was excellent.Proper kerala food and they use different vessels for veg and non veg it seems.Since am a proper vegetarian.I was concerned about the preparation.Then we went to banasura dam.It was excellent there we shelled out rupees three hundred for speed boat.came back took rest;-) then we went to a water falls near the resort.You can walk down.Wow such a feast it was to just see the water falls.Beautiful.Then we came back in the same train.Heard some boating is there near by but we dint go.
    It was really nice and i ll suggest people to go there atleast once to get away from our mechanical life.

So if u have plan for a trip(luxurious) within twenty thousand as your budget.you can very well select this place.
    enjoy:cheers

asha

2. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Asha....belated Anniversary wishes....
    glad to know about your trip

wayanad is indeed an awesome place to spend with your partner...especially in the month of Aug...

sorry to barge in...i would like to say few things about my trip too...me and DH had planned a short trip(2 days) to wayanad..it was a sudden decision.it was the cheapest trip we had gone till now...no one in our close circle had gone to wayanad,so we really wanted to experiment...since it was a quick decision, had no time to decide on resorts,travel etc...we just wanted to take a break from our regular day to day life and hence it was my decision to go to wayanad...just made an arrangement for a hotel room through our friend..dint know how it would be...:confused2:...last minute booked 2 bus tickets and reached wayanad at around 3 AM...actually we dint book return tickets :crazy...it took 5-6 hours(from bangalore)...our hotel was ok..not too good but much enough for both of us...neat and decent with TV,heater etc etc...we dint even ask about the rent..morning had nice breakfast and went to enquire about cabs and felt they charged more since it was the season time...so generally asked how we could commute to few hotel people..they said you can use the bus..it takes you to all the tourist places...since it was a cloudy day ,we deceided to use the bus...2 days we used the local transport and visited all the places....man,it was awwwwwwwwwweeeeeesome...had no words to express the beauty of wayanad...we tried getting return tickets but dint...all bus train were full...after completing our trip, we made a sudden decision of moving to the bus terminus and taking any bus from there...i guess that is the only place we had to wait...waited and got a local bus and i guess we paid some 60 or 70 Rs....got seats but had to adjust with others..thats ok,but we reached bangalore by 6 next day...
    the only place we dint visit was the KUruva Island,planning to visit soon...if we had one more day,we would have enjoyed there too

we had the cheapest trip...you know how much it costed for both for 2 days including the ticket charges...something around Rs 3500,guess it would be a little lesser than this...

nowadays we are suggesting newly wed and also young couples to go and visit wayanad to spend a romantic trip that they would never forget in their lifetime

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2011
    3 people like this.
  3. ashakarthik

Hi Swaran...thank u for the wishes...man that was indeed cheap!!!!!actually we thought of driving down to that place..since we are in chennai we have pit stop some where and that will take out our precious days..thats why we went by train...but yours really sounds nice for a couple...hmmm great..now next week we are going to madurai...
    i have got an idea of going to kodaikanal after reading your post;-))))

asha

4. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Happy Enjoyyyyyyy :thumbsup

5. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

We went to wayanad for our honeymoon trip. Stayed in Vythiri. One of the best resorts.
    We arranged for sight seeing through a local travel agency and the driver acted as our tourist guide too. Wayanad is defenitely a great place.

6. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Asha,
    A belated Annivarsary Wishes.......

You have not stated how was the resort was it comfy n clean? How was the service?

Swaran,
    You lucky gal,
    Tell us the how are the Hotels there? When is the off season period.......Food costs as well.......

If you gals can just post some pic then I can tempt my DH to take me there:hide:

7. ashakarthik

Hi Bunny...

as i have already mentioned we tried for vythri resort.but we dint get in that.i thing november ,december will be season.we stayedin banasura resort.It was completely clean a excellent.it comes under three star category.So don worry about cleanliness.you have got rooms and cottages.but packages are available only for earthern rooms.yes i ll post some photos now.

convince your dh and gooooo!!!!

asha

8. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

hey vjbunny...food costs,hotel rooms all are nominal...our room cost for 2 days was Rs 800...still decent enough..true...faciitites all fine..i believe the main reason for us to get a cheap hotel was that we dint stay at wayanad...we stayed at sultanbattery...its like wayanad is center and it has some five places very close by just 15-20 min by bus,...one among them is sultanbattery...this place is close to the santuary,its just 20 kms...so all these nearby places are where the tourist spots are available...so in case you take a room there,it would be cheap
    the scenary,the waterfalls,the lakes..wow o wow...awesome...i dont have the pics right now..i have few from internet..these places look just same as in pics

refer the link for info

official web site of wayanad

just like asha says,pack your bags and have a wnderful honeymoon :thumbsup

Attached Files:

• w1.jpg
      w1.jpg
      File size:
      59.8 KB
      Views:
    • w2.jpg
      w2.jpg
      File size:
      28.1 KB
      Views:
    • w3.jpg
      w3.jpg
      File size:
      64.8 KB
      Views:
  9. ashakarthik

Hi bunny... i have posted photos in my album..u can go there and see it..

asha

10. chotabheem

chotabheem Gold IL'ite

Hi there,
    We had been to Wayanad for our first anniversary. Its a 6 hour drive from Bangalore. Yes its an awesome place.. We stayed at Green Gates resort, the resort was lovely and the food was sumptuous and superb..we stayed there for 3 days..we visited almost all the places there except the Edakkal caves:bonk. The Kuruva Island is a must-visit place..
    The trekking was also great....the heart shaped lake atop the hill was so relaxing and lovely...
    This is one of the best weekend getaways from Bangalore:)