Independence - Have we used it well? Contest for August 2008!

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by Induslady, Aug 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Pauli,

Your word on Independent India was awesome. It can be quoted in all essays and speeches even when we reach 100th year of independence as Nehru's speech and the muslim contribution to the yatris will never change. I remember discussing Budget Session on Feb 28th or 29th (if it is a leap year) in office after Hon. Chidambaram reads it out in the Parliament. GDP, Sensex, Ratio's Profit Margins, Export Import, Vat, Salex Tax, Tax on Investments would be discussed in detail and your post lead me to the conference room of my office.

In a family of four, even a black sheep can douse the growth ratio of the family, so how can we expect India to leap with a family in multiples of billions! Difference of opinion has stagnated projects for decades, the budget allotted has doubled when the implementation has actually taken place, even after implementation, opposition party trying to bring in hurdles.. this has been quoted here coz minus these hurdles, India would have more rail network, Sky network, Sea network, flyovers, highways, sky walks, etc.. We would be shining in the global map! Pre Independence the outsiders were pulling the strings of our trousers and petticoats, Post Independence fellow Indians are doing it merrily!

With respect to technology, India has leaped in bounds compared to the 90's. With respect to banking etc. India has improved giving better facilities. Now when we talk about education, we need to really look in to this matter as we are still following the old pattern of subjects which does not help us in our career!

Movies and theatres are acclaimed internationally, Indian actors are no more called as circus clowns who sing around trees!

Young politicians like Sachin Pilot, Jyotiraditya Scindia etc. can speak decent English.

Yes, post independence, every Indian can survive, there is job for everyone today in the millenium era.

I sincerely appreciate your efforts and knowledge, who said you are an oldie! You are a smart friend who does not copy notes from others websites and paste it as your own, rather use your brains and chain the words in to a beautiful garland!

You deserved the WIN!

2. dolorcosta

dolorcosta Senior IL'ite

Dear EQ

Thanks a lot for yr encouragement and for sparing the time and
    patience to give me your kind feedback.

Cheers.

3. dolorcosta

dolorcosta Senior IL'ite

Dear AC

Thanks for your kind feedback. I observe that time and again you have noticed my contributions and have had the magnanimity to praise my humble offerings.

I really appreciate your positive attitude and the constant encouragement that you provide.

Regards.

4. dolorcosta

dolorcosta Senior IL'ite

Dear Sriniketan

Thanks for yr nice comments -much appreciated.

Absolutely agree with you that freedom brings responsibilities- whether for an individual
    or a nation, freedom is a double edged sword and has to be handled both effectively and carefully.

But I am one of those die hard optimists who believe that India will arrive in a really big way
    in the International community within this decade itself. After all Modern India is just 62 years old-a very young and vibrant nation !

Cheers !

5. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Dear Induslady,

The lovely gift arrived today .It has found its place near my computer and just fits in nicely on the table.Thank you very much for your kind words of appreciation.
    This shall indeed occupy pride of place and shall be cherished.

6. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Dear dear Malsy,:hiya

Bow:hatsoff You have really stolen the thunder with your brilliant FB. My piece

actually :bowdown to your bombardment ! Heavens ! I could almost hear your pulse racing and your heart pounding at all the knots we got ourselves tied with due to our " Petticoat strings and Trouser strings (?? perhaps pyjamas??) being pulled both ways!!Big LaughI loved that observation that you made and also the comprehensive list of all our mishandling of various affairs

There were some great points that I m issed out ....regarding the young crop of
    forward looking minds in the governing machinery like the young Scindia and Pilot.
    I forgot to focus on the Sports front and our Olympic Gold too.

One little point I'd beg to differ regarding education.....I was dweling on the literacy aspect ...just mastering the 3 R's, and not about the quality of higher education , be it in schools or universities

BTW I agree wholeheartedly with you that borrowed feathers or plumes will not add lustre and will loose their sheen .It is always better to rely on one's own feathers or plumes however pale and colourless they may appear ......at least one can claim ownership !! Big Laugh

7. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Dear Aunty Paulina,

Congratulations for emerging the winner!

My heart brimmed with patriotism and enormous joy reading your post. The optimistic, statistical, evidentiary and what not post has occupied my mind fully that I was discussing with my friends about it who are elsewhere in US.

Thoroughly enjoyed.

You would have worked really hard to write this and you deserve a lot.

Our country's freedom struggle has got a real credit with this post.

Love,
    Oviya Kutty.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  8. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Dear dolorcosta,

Beautifully written. Congratulations for getting a special mention.

You have listed the characteristic features of the present India very nicely.

Appreciating all your works using this opportunity.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  9. dolorcosta

dolorcosta Senior IL'ite

Dear Oviya

Was very happy to receive yr below generous feedback.
    Thanks for providing this kind of motivation.

Cheers !

10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Dolorcosta

Your write up was excellent. Thanks for posting it here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.