Navratri 2012 - Contest for Oct 2012

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by Induslady, Oct 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sripura

Sripura Silver IL'ite

Hello All,

Inspired by the sloka :
    "patram pushpam phalam toyam yo me bhaktya prayacchati
    tad aham bhakty-upahrtam asnami pryatatmanah" from The Bhagawad Gita (chapter 9: verse 26), we decided make this as our theme. Inner
    meaning is that"Devotion alone matters and not what we offer”.

A part of this verse is the theme we have chosen i.e. " Patram (Leaf), Pushpam (Flower), Phalam (Fruit) and Thoyam (Water)". An informative arrangement for the same is shown.

Apart from 11 padikattu traditional golu that begins with small lifeforms upto the Trinity of God and Goddess we have shown:

• 108+ Ganeshas (nearly 130) wherin the importance of Dhruva Grass and Wood Apple is narrated.
    • We have then highlighted the importance of the Sacred Hindu Trees (Ahoka,Neem,Tulsi,Peepal,Banyan,Red Sandalwood,Vilva,Coconut,Bamboo,Banana, Mango,Bhang), its medicinal values if any and how mother nature teaches us valuable lessons of life through a coconut tree, banana tree, red sandalwood tree and loutus.
    • Apart from Hinduism the imprtance of leaf/flowers/fruit and water in other religions is also shown.
    • The association of the four these 4 vastus (Patram, Pushpam Phalam and Thoyam) with humans - right from birth to death.

The main concept is further explained with stories from hindu mythology:
    • Patram (Leaf): Story of Draupadi (akshaya patram), Thulabaram and Story of Vyagrapadhar
    • Pushpam (Flower): Gajendra Moksham, Story of Swami Raghavendra and Nawab of Adoni, Bheema's -Krishnaarpanam
    • Phalam (Fruit): Story of Shabari, Karaikal Ammaiyar - Mambhazha Thiruvizha, Avvaiyar's Sutta Phazham- Sudadha Phazham
    • Thoyam (Water): King Rantideva's Story, Bheesmar and Gangai, Karnan last breath and last but never the least...The 3 Lokam's (Brahma Lokam,Vaikuntam and Kailasam) association with water.
    • Adding to all these is a beautiful hand made garden fountain to show the importance of water in feng-shui.
    Navarathri is indeed a joyous occasion and time for celebration. All of us in our house enjoy this season of festivity. It was a complete team effort that helped us display many things. Most importantly we have avoided the use of thermocol and also avoided plastics that cannot be recycled. So its eco friendly too :). All the art work done is purely original for example gajendra moksham is not a "set" but an assembly of various dolls to fit the purpose of the story. The balance in thulabaram, the hut in Draupadi's and Sabari's story, the arrow bed for Bheeshmar, the silver mountains in Kailasam, 7doors of vaikuntam that leads to Sri Maha Vishnu who is afloat on water,etc are a few examples to show the craft work done by us.
    An explanation for every minute detail is given to all interested visitors.

Srimathi Sethuraman

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      546.7 KB
      Views:
    • 5.JPG
      5.JPG
      File size:
      572.6 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      494.4 KB
      Views:
    • 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      File size:
      544.1 KB
      Views:
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      566.4 KB
      Views:
    20 people like this.
  2. Sripura

Sripura Silver IL'ite

10.JPG 8.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG Continuation of previous post...
    9.JPG

18 people like this.
  3. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

All the golu displays are awesome. A tough job for the judges.
    Best wishes to all the participants.

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

There is no theme as such in my Golu. But I am happy that in the small space I have I could keep the Golu with 3 steps. Tope one I could keep only the Kalasa and the Photo of Tirupathi Balaji, Lakshmi, Vinayakar, Saraswathi and Murugan

In the next padi I have kept different kind of Ganapathis who is my favourite God and who has always helped me in solving my problems. Actually all Gods are one but any function is started with Vinayaka pooja and when you pray to Him Vakra thunda Mahakarya Soorya Koti Sama Prabha, Nirvignam Gurumedeva Sarva Karyeshu Sarvadha, He blesses us and makes any job we are undertaking successful.

Next Padi I have kept Marapachi and on the sides Jaipur dolls Readymade Kumbam and other Idols
    In the Palagain I haveput the kolam and kept Laxmi Idol and everyday I do archana to Devi and seek her blessings

Golu is kept in the kitchen in the space available

In the front room I have did alankaram to Durga Devi whom Ihave placed in a Nila Vilakku and side by have kept Diya which has lights in it

The photos can be seen of theGolu and Devi in the forum http://www.indusladies.com/forums/f...als/194752-invitation-all-ilites-golu-my.html

P.S. I am not able to upload the files through Manage Attachments

Attached Files:

15 people like this.
  5. latharam09

latharam09 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sripura,

Very hard work. Excellent golu..Good theme.. Best wishes.

6. latharam09

Dear Sharan,

Kalakkal theme on Tamil Concept. Very nice to view.. Best wishes

7. latharam09

Dear Ridgemma,

Beautiful Golu display on the theme periya puranam..True about your saying on the younger generation.. Dolls are lovely..Best wishes

1 person likes this.
  8. latharam09

Dear Vanaja,

I enjoyed "Welcome, Vanakkam, Vango"...Viswaroopa Ambal.. Beautiful golu..Best Wishes

9. latharam09

Dear Laxmi,

Yesterday only I thought of you that you are not seen nowadays. How are you?

Simple and cute golu.. All the best wishes.

10. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

How many creative minds are at work! Beautiful presentation of a broad spectrum of collections!
    Tough job for the judges. Appreciations and best of luck for the contestants.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.