It's almost the end of the year, what have you accomplished this year? - Dec 2011

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by IL_Admin, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArunaRSanthosh

ArunaRSanthosh Platinum IL'ite

Personal
    I have become a mother this year.According to me the word woman is complete when she gives birth to a baby.I am so so happy and excited to become a mother.
    I was a very short tempered person but after my sons birth, I have become more understanding, adjustable, tolerable.I like these changes and these changes were not made wanted,these changes came within me itself.
    As a human being I have changed a lot which gives a lot of peace to me and the situation around me.

Carrer
    Midst the busy schedule with the baby, I have published 2 research papers in the journals,which implies on the afforestation and suggest plant species for afforestation.

IL
    I improved my writing skills; my post was selected as best post in June 2011.
    Got GOLD ILite status.

I wish all a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year!

2 people like this.
  2. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

This was quite an eventful year for me.
    Personally:
    Came out of an abusive marriage. It took me lot of effort to come out of why-me, whom to blame phases . Understood few things just happen to make you stronger.
    Got out of the depression, took the courage started facing the world with a smile. Started attending the social functions again.
    As bad things always happen together, my mom was diagonised with cancer. With strong efforts from my dad, herself and the entire family, she has come back to normal. Keep up your fight mom. I need you always in my life.
    Tried my hand in cooking & eventually making progress.
    Joined a Gym. Though I haven’t lost a kg, I could see definite change in body shape.
    Socially:
    I'm back to social sites Facebook, Twitter etc
    Got in touch with school friends, met my friends after 11 such years
    Economically:
    Purchased my house. Never knew buying 1000 sqft of land in this world can make your heart smile.
    Learnt what is mutual fund, where to invest, how to invest etc. Took a pension plan for my future need.
    Professionally:
    Came out of the job I hated and found a new one.
    Developed the maturity to face office politics, though I have ulcer moments in office I enjoy my colleagues and co-workers company.
    Came out of the shy girl syndrome and started inviting colleagues for coffee, lunch and outings. This is a definite progress for a girl who used to eat lunch alone in previous office.
    Hobbies
    Started making Fashion jewelry, successfully sold few pieces to relatives and friends. Planning to continue this as a part time business in coming years.
    Started writing my blog after a long break.
    Started learning a new language.

Academically:
    Registered myself for another diploma. Yeah I love to be a student always.

Spiritual
    Ended my fight with god and made peace with god, started going to temples again. Lord, walk with me through out next year and always.

Wishing all the ILites happy new year , wish to highlight that IL is one of the major motivator towards my journey of being existing to being living.

10 people like this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

[JUSTIFY]This year has seen me battling many challenges on the health front. Am happy to say that I have managed to keep my sanity and spirits intact and have made the best use of the time that I had on hand by indulging in creative writing, making and meeting new friends. I have come a long way from the time when I hated touching a computer except to send an occasional e mail. This year has helped me discover myself to a very large extent.

Staying at home also gave me the good fortune and opportunity to be around to look after and spend time with my mother who is afflicted with senile dementia.

Although these may not be very great achievements, I have realized the importance of feeling a sense of achievement in the small day to day things we do.

The adverse situations have given me a new perspective on life. I have learnt to accept them and to find positive outcomes even in those. This year has taught me to value the small, simple joys that are to be found in the common day to day events. I have learnt to laugh over silly things and find it easier to live with myself.

So all in all, I am very satisfied with the personal growth I have experienced in this last year. This progress feels more substantial and important to me than any material progress I may have made in all the past years of my life.

COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS has been the biggest lesson I have learned practically this year.[/JUSTIFY]

1 person likes this.
  4. kalavati

kalavati New IL'ite

Hi,

After a long gap, coming back to IL is some kind of relief, not sure if others experienced the same as me. This is a very 'feel good & proud' thread. I like it, too, just because, however big or small, we have some achievements we can share. For me, it has been a battle with my health concerns since end of 2010, running around the bush with Dr's and different test, being guinea pig for various medications. But, with all the ups & downs, there is some blessings that took place this year. I got into a full time position closer to home from my earlier part-time in my job, which is a big change for me and my family to balance. Personally, I've been waiting for this so I call it a small achievement with the grace of God. Another big happening is we bought a home, which was more to my liking.

May God bless all with a happy and peaceful new year -2012. May all in the IL family have good experiences and achievements in 2012 to share with all of us.

Kala

5. Shankeri

Shankeri New IL'ite

Hi IL,

The greatest acheievement in my life. I learned the real meaning of life.
    The second quarter of this year was worst for me, I failed in my last try for long cherished goal of getting pregnant and it is onset of menopause now. But this tragedy taught me how to be happy in whatever I have. I joined IL, through which I can interact with a lot many different people. It gives me lot of positive energy. I am sure that from 2012 onwards every year will be a year of acheivement for me. Thanks to IL.

1 person likes this.
  6. sowmya7

sowmya7 New IL'ite

hi all...well 2011 year left me a with a great combination of happiness and sorrows... it teached me a lot about value of relations in life,love of parents...looking forward for 2012 with many hopes and expectations.....

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2011
  7. sowmya7

sowmya7 New IL'ite

dont worry shankeri....difficulties come only to make you strong...b +ve :)

8. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

year 2011

This year 2011, is a mixed bag for me. Good things: my life time dream to own a house came reality and my hubby presented this as our 10 year successful married life. My hubby's dream to become manage also made possible this year.
    Over all many ups from my children. My little one joined the school and she bought real life to our family. My son did very well in studies and other activities. I met few new people and got nice friends.
    Worst things.: Health front we all are not okay. One thing or other trouble us a lot. I am losing my temper often and doesn't know how to control it.
    One thing I like this year because Lord Narasimha is always with us and he shows his power and prove that he always be with us when ever we are in deep trouble.
    We got huge fund from my brother and brother in law. We didn't ask for the help but they did this even before we could ask for them. Many of our relatives travelled a long to attend our grahapravesham. Though it was a working day they wanted to be a part of our dream.This is a chance for us to know many people are with us.
    Thank you 2011 for the joyous phase and the understanding phase you thought us.
    Bid you good bye and welcome 2012.
    :cheers

9. sushi

sushi Silver IL'ite

My 2011 had been wonderful and satisfactory (sushi)

Dear all.

The year 2011 had been quite happier and successful for me. First and foremost what I would list as my ahievement my grand daugther Aarushi making me her dearest friend. When I jokingly asked her if her friends don't accept me, then her reply was she will 'katti' (not talking ) with them. I cherish this very much.

I had visited Andhamans with my hubby and group of internet friends during jan 2011, Andhamans visit had been my dream and same was achived during the year,

me and my hubby visited kashi, Allahabad and Gaya and Rameswawarm which was also in my wishlist for long and that was accomplised.

Moreover in my personal achievments I can list as major the two prizes won from Kalki ( a Desktop computer) and from Mangayar Malar ( a saree) which are detailed below.

of the two pictures I am attaching herewith, the first one is regarding the the desktop computer as prize for a contest I won from Kalki (Tamil magazine). The contest was to present a power point presentation of reviews of the previous issues of Kalki as well as for writing a short story based on computer or internet. As It was my first attempt on power point presentation which was sent through CD which took me around two days to finish and hence this winning makes me very happy.

Kalki  Computer-1.jpg

second one is the saree I won from Mangayar Malar for a Diwali contest which contained different sessions comprising on
    who said to whom, cross word, captioning etc based on previous issues of Mangayar malar and also a write up too.

Mangayar Malar Saree-1.jpg

Thanks for patiently reading this ..

Again wishing you a very a happy new year.

sushi

2 people like this.
  10. shaneeja

shaneeja New IL'ite

This year filled my each and every day with the blessings and caring of my God Almighty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.