Navratri Golu Contest - October 2011

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by IL_Admin, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slasla

slasla New IL'ite

Hello ,
    I am slasla!!! from Bangaloe.
    Navaratri is the worship of the three divine goddesses, Saraswati (Goddess of learning and speech), Lakshmi (Goddess of wealth and prosperity), and Durga (Goddess of strength and courage). It is also said to be the battle that occurred between Goddess Chaamundeshwari and the asura (demon), Mahishaasura. The battle lasted 9 days and 9 nights. Finally, on the tenth day, Goddess Chaamundeshwari killed Mahishaasura. This day is known as Vijayadasami. Vijayadasami means the 10th day of victory.
    This year i arranged five steps simple kollu for 3 days pooja.
    Perumal, Thayaar, Ashtalakshmi set, Meenakshi set, Rama river set,
    marriage set, wooden village set, Gopuram, Gandhi monkeys, as usual special chettiar & his wife... some small dolls i displayed in the steps....

Navaratri brings the Apt people get together. For five small girls i gifted some gifts for the gollu kanya pooja....

Hope next year i continue some theme in my gollu.. See u...

Attached Files:

3 people like this.
  2. jayasimha

jayasimha Bronze IL'ite

Its really beautiful and awesome. Nice and neat display. All the best.

3. shambu

shambu Silver IL'ite

hi priyasaki, could you share the vilakku amman procedure?

thanx in advance:thankyou2:

4. lathaviswa

lathaviswa IL Hall of Fame

Jayasimha Muthangi sevai,Lalitha, Lakshmi and Saraswati is really good where did you get all the decoration items.

Slasla neat and nice gollu.

All the best to all.

5. kanram

kanram Bronze IL'ite

Re: Golu 2011

Hi jayasimha
    The alangaram is outstanding. Where did you get the alangaram, jewels, dress for the marapachi? It will be great if you can mention the store name.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  6. priyasaki

priyasaki Gold IL'ite

Shambu,

We have a lamp of 4 feet height in our house...
    Tie 1 stick(i tied the one which comes with big shopper bag) horizontally int he middle of the lamp...
    and one more inthe place where we light the lamp(if the space above the lighting part is more u can tie it little above also)...

now the first stick is the hip and the second is the shoulder...Keep the amman face above the shoulder stick and tie it....insert the blouse in shoulder stick, fix the hands(u can get the readymade hands or do it in home)... Now tie the saree...

Fix the hair as jadai, kondai or free hair, keep flowers...
    Ur vilakku amman is ready...

We cal also keep four hands and show as lakshmi, With veenai as saraswathy, with kondai as andal... it is all our creativity..

7. shambu

shambu Silver IL'ite

hi priyasaki

thanx for your response...

just want to know different ideas...:thumbsup

8. rkramadh

rkramadh New IL'ite

Navratri Golu from USA

Hello, I have posted a few pics of Navaratri golu (Bombe in Kannada) from our home in USA. I don't have permanent steps made to keep our golu but I improvise each year using boxes/planks. This year, I got the Mysore palace picture and Mahishasura picture printed on vinyl and put them as props for my dolls. I set it up in the Mysore Dasara tradition. I have collected a lot of dolls over the years and this year, the specialty was the Mysore Dasara Procession dolls like decorated elephants, cows and marching bands etc. We also do Saraswathi puja on the 7th day and do puja to musical instruments like tampura/tabla etc we have at home. I invited a lot of friends/family to our home to help us celebrate this year's navaratri. I hope you like my pics. Suggestions/comments are welcome to help me improve the setup for next year! PS: As I used to set up dolls in the upstairs living room and this is the first time I set it up in the new basement, I think I have learned a few lessons there for next time :)

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  9. Butterfly04

Butterfly04 Gold IL'ite

Re: Navratri Golu from USA

wow..beautiful golu!! Neatly arranged all the dolls!! Mysore dasara is gud!!
    the vinyl posters of mysore palace & mahishasuran is too gud!
    congrats & thanks for sharing!

10. rram

rram New IL'ite

Re: Navratri Golu from USA

Dear,
    The arrangement as a whole is looking great and shows your systematic approach.Good job......
    Revathi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.