1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

3year old burping

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Radhikarao, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Radhikarao

Radhikarao New IL'ite

HI Ilites,
    This is a great site.i keep going thru it nice advice and i came to know many options thru this site.
    I Have 3 year old dd .My problem is these days my dd seems to burping so many times even after having 2hours have passed after her lunch.She was a fussy eater from the first she stopped eating curd when she was 16months,and stopped milk at 2.nowshe doent drink milk,doesnt have curd.i tried yoplait or other yogurts too she dorent touch.she drinks danimals(yogurt drink with fruit blends).I have never heard that toddlers keep burping so many times.If anyone of u have any idea abt it pls suggest me what could be wrong.should i be taking an appointment with the doc?
    Thank u in advance....
    Radhika

2. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Radhika, does she eat too fast and gulps in air? As long as the extra air doesn't hurt her stomach I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just an excellent opportunity to teach her to say 'excuse me' every time she burps. :)

Do you add asafoetida in your cooking? I have heard it's good to get rid of gas, and also is cumin. If she likes Danimals then it should take care of her calcium. Does it have any probiotics?

Raj

3. Radhikarao

Radhikarao New IL'ite

Hi Raj
    Thank u.I didnt knew abt asafoetida.i will try to add it in my cooking.I use cumin.After u asked me i checked the danimals it says it has lgg probiotics:bonk However i found this article when i was searching on google..hope this might help someone like me
    Why Do I Burp? .
    After reading it i thought may be the straw is the culprit.To make her drink choclate milk i was attracting her to drinking with straw....with straw i was able to make her drink 2ounces of choclate milk per day atleast.....it was since few days this was happening.i was happy she is drinking milk after one year.
    And u asked me if eats fast she is a very slow eater .i have to keep after her with loud voice to make her eat.i still feed her with spoon.
    thank u once agin for ur quick reply