1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Adenoid Swelling - Any home remedy?

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by swt.charu, Feb 20, 2010.

1. swt.charu

swt.charu Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

My 3 year old son is having swelling of the adenoid. Not too severe to undergo a surgery but it is there and he most of the time breaths through mouth. He cannot pronounce certain nasal letters properly like "m" it sounds like a mixture of "m" and "b"

Anyone else whose child is having this problem?

Any home remedies available ?

Would this swelling reduce by age ?

Please help

2. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

3. swt.charu

swt.charu Platinum IL'ite

well... its almost two years since I visited this thread.

Just to update... I did get the adenoids removed through a surgery.. though it has given good results, the doctors could have advised us better.. the problems is they should have removed the tonsils along with adenoids which they did not do. My son started having the trouble with Tonsils and thankfully my new pediatrician advised me to try homeopathic treatment.

I have started the homeopathic treatment and it is working quite well... he does not get frequent infections. But coughs and colds have not gone completely..

Hopefully that too should improve with age..

1 person likes this.
  4. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Charu...
    Thanks for giving further updates..Hope everything will get resolved soon...

5. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi Charu,

can you share the name of homeopathy medicines your son is taking now a days??? I am not going to follow them just i want to know, as i use mostly homeopathy for my son. My son also catches infections frequently.

tc

6. anjukrishna

anjukrishna Senior IL'ite

dear friend

my son is having the same problem,could please tell me about the doctor so that I can consult.

anju

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

just for the sake awareness, adenoids are removed along with infected tonsils..it is not done alone..most of the time, it is said, unless there are severe issues, then surgery is not needed.

my son had issues like too much fluid collection in his ears because of the adenoid and tonsils infection that he was losing his hearing,,.so we had his tonsils and adenoids removed and tubes inserted in his ear, in another country..when i was back in chennai and consulted my paed, he said it was not so serious, and i could have waited..

do not panic and take some time, if possible double check with your doctors and then proceed..

8. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi
    To increase immunity every morning give warm water plus honey it does wonder also appropriate physical activity ensures good immunity too

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

i see the episodes of adenoid infection more in the me, and i have had lots of discussions with my paed..

he always asked us to stop giving the kids cool stuff once they get into the house..and not to switch on the ac until they adjust to the room temperature..to much drastic change in temperatures both external and internal effects the child..

it really helps us.. and forgot to mention, the surgery did not really help in reducing the number of cold episodes later.. i believe children become immune to things as they fight it out.. nowadays my son has lesser episodes of wheezing too..

2 people like this.
  10. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shanvy
    You have listed very valid points about AC even for adults it holds true...