1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

toddler's talk

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Huma, May 17, 2007.

1. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

hi
    when my son was a toddler, i asked him one day what he wanted for breakfast. he said " oeuf mouille" wet egg in english. he was talking abt boiled egg. i dont know why i still remember it and will remember always.

do ur children has said something like that u remember until now?

bye

2. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello,
    My son wanted always yogurt in his food. when he was just 2yrs he asked me how it is made. I said it is 'AMBA sauce' (AMBAA... cow's moo)
    He used to call it 'amma sauce'. Now he is 6yrs still he calls it 'amma sauce'.
    My husband teases him by telling 'appa sauce'??

For egg omlet -- he calls it egg dosa.

Thanks,
    Punitha

1 person likes this.
  3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

We used to feed the birds with bird seed bought from the store. after we feed them some will be on the carpet. my daughter used to eat those when we were not watching her. When asked about what is in your mouth, she will answer"BO CHI" which means bird seed.
    my husband is being called as 'OOCHI PAAPPU'. She is the one who named him as such. When he goes to work,she used to ask us where he is going. We replied that he is going to see the patients and give them, injection. Keeping that in mind, she began to call him as that, which even now continues. OOCI --means 'needle' in tamil and paappu is the term she like to use for any person.
    PATTAANI POOCHI- this is to butterfly (In tamil we call it as PATTAAM POOCHI)
    MAAMI---mango
    AAPU ----apple
    My daughter when she was young she used to call my eldest one as AMMA. This made my other daughter mad and she will answer'I am not your amma. I am your sister.'

Sriniketan

4. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

One of my cousin's used to call trains 'Cooker engine' for the steam they emit like a cooker. He is a grow-up guy now and might be embarassed if he happens to reads this post, but this is a very memorable toddler talk for me.

-Gayathri.

5. lathamohan

lathamohan Bronze IL'ite

My son when one and half yrs he used to ask for water as "lee" :) .
    :wave
    latha

6. padmamadhavan

padmamadhavan New IL'ite

when my daughter was 2 and half years old we went to a store, there she saw an umbrella and she was shouting

kolai kolai ( means umbrella).

7. karuth

karuth New IL'ite

Hi,

When my son was an infant I used to show him aeroplanes when they were flying in the sky...He loves to watch them and he will spot it however small they seem to be. When he was 1-1/4 years old we travelled in one flight...When flying I asked him 'where is the aeroplane?'..I was about to teach him he was inside it. But he never seemed to understand it and started searching above our flight, thru the window for an airplane. I was not able to stop laughing. Though its not toddler talk I will remember this always and wanted to share.

bye,
    karthika.

8. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

hi everybody
    nice reading all ur feedback.
    i remember one also when my daughter was small. i used to tell her that she have to drink her milk for being tall. one day i was travelling in the train when she saw a very tall man and she shouts.... look maman he is big he has drunk all the milk.

everybody laugh.

bye

1 person likes this.
  9. karuth

karuth New IL'ite

Hi all,
    I remembered few words my son used to say when he was 2-1/2. (now he is 3)....

In my son's terms ,
    find what is
    1)bokka vaai ...(means 'mouth with no teeth'-in tamil)
    2)pulli kaai
    3)bagoon

they r respectively

1)broccoli
    2)pillayar
    3)balloon

:-D

10. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi all,
    would like share a few from my side too. My daughter who is 6 years old now, started talking full sentences by the age of 1 1/2. But till the age of 4 she was unable to say ka, so she will say tha for ka. She will call my father thatha, thambi mela thatha uthandiruthu, she is saying Thatha, kambi mela kakka ukkandirukku. Meaning grandpa there is a crow sitting on the wire up there.

Now its my sons turn. He turned 2 yesterday and his famous talk is Appucha!!!! All my Bil's kids call my husband Appu Chitappa. So he too started calling him the same. And till date only when he wants something from me he calls me amma other wise he calls me RAJEEEE. His other talks include

1. Happy to you Shaman(It is Happy Birthday to you Shrawan)

2. Subbaki or subbika (he calls his sister Surabi akka)

3. If we call him to do something he says orishamikiya (oru nimisham irukiya -means can you wait for a minute)

4. if he is talking in phone he will say ok bye thank you, welcome

Last edited: Jun 30, 2007
    3 people like this.