1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bath Oil for 2 year

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by booboo, Jan 4, 2009.

1. booboo

booboo Senior IL'ite

Hi all

I would like to know which oil to massage before bath for a 2 year old. My DD is 23 will turn 2 on 31 Jan and till now i have been using johnsons baby oil. I would like to know if I can continue that or to stop using oil at all. I heard usage of olive oil for massage darkens the skin, just heard but haven't experienced. She has a good complexion and i've not faced any problems as such. And one more question if at all i can continue using oil how long can i continue? Pls pour in your suggestions!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. maderan

maderan New IL'ite

hi!
    i have always used olive oil for my daughter.It never darkened her complexion.I never used johson's baby oil on her because she used to get rash everytime I use it.
    Madhavi

3. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Living in Singapore, I think you can safely use gingelly oil (nallennai) Uma. Otherwise I like the Himalaya Baby oil. Are you talking of massage only before a head bath or everyday? If everyday then gingelly oil may be lot of work:hide:.

Latha

4. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

I use coconut oil for my 6 yr old.Till he was one,I used olive oil(no problems with complexion,infact I think it made his complexion brighter!),then I switched to normal coconut oil for both body and head.

5. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

I use baby oil for my 3 year old DS - Johnson's baby oil or its store-brand equivalents. Haven't had any issues. For his hair I apply/massage the oil before bath but for the body I apply it after bath/shower since that helps with the dry skin.

6. Manaswini08

Manaswini08 Bronze IL'ite

I would not recomment using Johnson's baby oil since it contain mineral oil and have heard that mineral oil is not good for us. Instead I used coconut oil, gingelly oil and olive oil for my daughters...they are now 11 and 8 and they still sometimes massage themselves with oil before a bath.

7. booboo

booboo Senior IL'ite

Thanks all! I will also try coconut oil. But the problem is i don't get pure coconut oil here and only those branded ones like VVD and they too don't look good as in India. Not sure why!!!

Latha DH is allergic to gingely oil- he immediately starts sneezing and down with cold if her applys gingely oil b4 shower. Let me try with LO and check how it goes.

I also want to know if i can improve volume of her hair. I had very thick, silky and curly hair(ofcourse beauty of hair lost after living in Singapore), but LO's hair is totally diff may like my in-lawsRant.
    Is there anything i could do to thicken her hair now? I do make sure she eats atleast 2 veg and 2 fruits daily, apart from that sprouts, beans etc. I also give her curry leaf powder with rice once in a while. Anything else i could do internally and externally. Pls pour your valuable solutions, i'm worried about her hair.........